Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-08, 9:39pm
Boro newb

Default 141? What is this glass?

So I was toying around with my little stash of boro tonight and I noticed this rod that hadn't really stood out to me before today. It's really unusual ( at least to me ) and it is marked only as "141".

As I turned it in the light it seemed Alexandrite-ish with purples, raspberries, and green tones. It alse had stripes that looked like an opaque green. The rod was transparent except for the stripes.

I would post a picture but I don't believe I'd be able to come anywhere near capturing the colors with my camera.

Does anyone have any clue what this glass could be, and how to use it? I have so little of it that I'm afraid to touch it without knowing what I'm doing.

Thank you so much!

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom's silver store...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Anything you can do I can do... kinda.
Old 2006-11-10, 10:22am
Boro Brat

Do you have any idea what company it might be from? A picture would be super helpful, especially if you make a little "lollipop" at one end so we can see it after it's been in the flame. I'm curious

Old 2006-11-10, 11:20am
Nah, not really...;)

Momka's Silver Aqua is my guess.

Old 2006-11-14, 2:58pm
Boro newb

Well I'll be darned... I thought I had responded to this! Sorry for being a flake!

I haven't touched the torch in a few days but I will do a lollipop pic! If it IS Momka's how would I work it? I seached for information but not much luck. All I found were stock pics that looked like an animal print.

Mom's silver store...

Old 2006-11-14, 3:03pm
Boro newb

Hi Pip, no I have no clue at all. When I upgraded my torch a few people were kind enough to send me a bit of boro to try out and most wasn't IDd except a few.

Thank you both for responding. I do appreciate it!

Mom's silver store...