No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2006-01-09, 11:20pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Default ISO wolf head tut

ok, I'm not a sculptural beadmaker....

but I have had a good customer request a wolf head bead.....

NE ideas out there?????

Fay Katherine, where are you honey????? I need ya........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-01-09, 11:47pm
Evil Genius in Disguise

You could try searching for a dog head tutorial, and modify the colors so it would look like a wolf...and I think Mary Moth has a tut somewhere around here for a cane that looks like fur.

"Neighbors suck. Burn her house down and make beads out of her windows."--Shawnette
Old 2006-01-10, 2:32pm

I don't know if this will help at ALL, but it might give you an idea or two. It's supposed to be a Husky. *cough cough*
I started with a pressed ivory tab and built up the center quite a bit for the snout and put some dots, squished shaped and pulled for the ears. The hair on top that looks more like a bad wig is brown,ivory and amber twisty. I think if I was making a wolf I'd throw some gray in there and try not to make it look as dorky as this one and put a stripe down the snout and melt in before adding the nose which is just a black dot shaped and poked for nostrils. The ruff is just ivory stringer supposed to look like a ruff but looks like a bad santa beard. I cut in the mouth with a razor tool and added the tongue cuz my dogs are always sticking out their tongues. The eyes were pretty much last. A dot of black raked out to the corners, a dot of white, flatten it a little, a dot of blue and a teeny weeny black pupil. Wolves have yellow/amber eyes though, so I'd def change that.
Sorry about the really crappy pic, but it really is a pretty crappy bead.

ps-some of the multi-color hair twist goes over to the back of the bead. More melted in though in case it turned out good and was used for jewelry or something.
Attached Images

Old 2006-01-10, 3:08pm
Fire Diva

Great tut Rebecca!! With minor changes Stacy can make it into a wolf.

Cute Husky.

Stacy...my wolves take a few hours to create one...I wonder how long that tutorial would be??? Thank you for asking me. PM me if you have any other questions sweetie.

http://flametreeglass.pinnaclecart.c...&parent=8&pg=1

Has sculptural kits...I do not know if there is a wolf....

Last edited by paintingwithglass; 2006-01-12 at 11:58pm. Reason: can't spell
Old 2006-01-11, 10:33am
tweetysweetie

Rebecca.....very nice job on the husky!! To convert it to a wolf, change the color scheme and work the eyes into narrower, not so round (pull slightly out at each edge)...I'd get rid of the tongue too, looks like he's smiling..which I know they can but I think a wolf would be more effective if he had a "snarling"
expression. Stacy..be sure to share and let us see what you came up with.

Old 2006-02-02, 1:01pm
D'Angelo Designs

Default Fabulous Work!!

Wow!!! That is an incredible likeness of a husky. I truly admire your skill!!!!