LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2006-06-18, 8:46pm

Default Bone Tutorial, please, please, please

Has anyone posted a bone tutorial anywhere? Please, please post a tutorial for how to make a bone. I have already wasted a couple of rods of glass trying to make something close to a bone. Sigh.

Thanks, Sharon
Old 2006-06-19, 10:21am
NW Oregon

I've been loving the bones that have been posted in the Gallery. I found this website last year when I first started making beads. I remembered seeing this tutorial so I went through my Favorites and found it for you. I haven't ever made bones but looks fairly easy and would be lots of fun.

Hope this tutorial helps.

For bones: http://www.cauldroncreations.com/bonebeadstt.html
Also if you go to http://www.cauldroncreations.com/tutorialindex.html she has lots of good toutorials.
J

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2006-06-20, 8:15am

Thanks Jennifer. I searched and searched for that little bugger. I knew I had seen it too. What key word did you use to find it. I used bone, bones, dog bone, and dog bones.

You rule.
Old 2006-06-20, 8:30am
Beadmaking.nl

Do you mean this one?

Take a look here
Old 2006-06-20, 9:42am
NW Oregon

Hi Sharon;

I'm glad that site is what you were looking for. When I come across something I like, I add it to my favorites list and put it in a folder that's designated as "glass". Sometimes it takes me a long time to find what I need because my list is getting bigger all the time. Glad I could help.

Have fun with the bones.
J

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2006-07-02, 1:43pm
CA Queen Bitch

Here are the only ones I've made. I made a barrel bead then built up the ends by applying the glass in a swiping motion towards the ends, depositing most of the glass on the ends. I then added large dots on the ends to build them up. I used a butter knife to create the creases. Hope this helps! They are really fun to make! Pardon the fuzz on that bone!! LOL!!

Being unstable and bitchy is all part of my mystique.

Peek A Boo!
Old 2006-07-02, 2:11pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Wowzer! Suzy, those are goddess! I just made my own version, inspired by Kim Neely's. Not that great, but I'm pretty happy, this is my first. Thank you for the tutorial, I will try again tomorrow using the tut. These are fun to make!

Last edited by born2snooze; 2006-07-02 at 2:17pm.
Old 2006-07-02, 3:22pm
CA Queen Bitch

Very pretty!!

Being unstable and bitchy is all part of my mystique.

Peek A Boo!