TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Old 2005-09-29, 7:48am
one day at a time

Default National 3A or 6B - Who has one??

I want a better, hotter boro torch than my Mini CC, and I don't have the $$$ for a Barracuda or Lynx right now. It's okay with my generator (high pressure 15-18psi) but if I can get more heat out of one of these premixes, that would be great.

I've tried looking for the operating specs on these torches, but can't find anything. I'm assuming that my generator (Airsep As-12A) would provide enough punch. I like the fact that the National's have several tips to choose from too.

Any advice is really appreciated!
Old 2005-09-29, 7:55am
CA Queen Bitch

I started with a National 8sm, with the extra tip for Boro. It is just no near as effecient as my Baracuda and it hisses and has all kinds of popping going on which means un-burnt fuel? It was a great little torch for a couple of years, but I out grew it. What in particular did you want to know? Yes, your generator will run it.

~Suzy~

Being unstable and bitchy is all part of my mystique.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Peek A Boo!
Old 2005-09-29, 9:29am
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniBeads
I want a better, hotter boro torch than my Mini CC, and I don't have the $$$ for a Barracuda or Lynx right now. It's okay with my generator (high pressure 15-18psi) but if I can get more heat out of one of these premixes, that would be great.

I've tried looking for the operating specs on these torches, but can't find anything. I'm assuming that my generator (Airsep As-12A) would provide enough punch. I like the fact that the National's have several tips to choose from too.

Any advice is really appreciated!
Lisa,

I went from a HH to a National 8M in Feb. and for the most part I really love it's flexibility. I think I'm gonna have to add another oxycon though for boro, b/c I can't get the pressure for the O2 that I really want. Right now I run it with a bulk prop tank, regulator, and a 5L OxyCon. I have 3 tips for it, the SM7, the premix adapter with the small tip and the largest one. I think I'm going to invest in the SM30? next though b/c I want a larger flame for my soft glass work sometimes and can't get it with the SM7. It's not a bad tip for many beads and for your small frit swirled beads I think it might be fine.

Hope this helps! I think I'll still be using this torch for at least another year or 2 before I can really afford and/or want to go to a larger dragon!

Stac

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2006-11-03, 1:42pm
Still Learning!

I just bought one off of ebay... National Pre-Mix 3A Blowpipe Torch.. I'm waiting on it to get here... I've been looking at Oxy Con. My question is what PSI do I need on the Oxy Con? I want to do beads and small critters and even try making hollows and or vessels... I have a hot head that I've been using for 3 or 4 years now...

Thanks