LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Old 2008-08-20, 12:41pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Default Kumihimo Beaded Bracelet Tutorial

I finally finished it!!! It's going to be available in PDF format through e-mail or on CD in my etsy store So if you've been waiting for someone to come and teach you this wonderful technique at your favorite bead store, wait no more.
This tutorial is a comprehensive, step by step, fully illustrated teaching guide with 25 pages of instruction. Yes it is image heavy, and is approx. 3.25MB, but it will also be available on CD too. So for those of you without high speed internet, your tutorial may just arrive quicker than you can open up the email.

I've posted pictures of a couple of pages.

I hope you'll enjoy the first of what I hope to be many tutorials that I will make available.

Thanks a bunch!
Jeanette
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by J. Savina; 2009-10-26 at 2:54pm.
Old 2008-08-20, 12:54pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I have always wanted to learn that technique! Have you thought of selling the disks from your Etsy shop also?

Jenny

Old 2008-08-20, 1:06pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsbyJenny View Post
I have always wanted to learn that technique! Have you thought of selling the disks from your Etsy shop also?
Yes, the CD disks are available in my etsy shop. Same price just a little bit for shipping.
Thanks Jenny!
J.

Old 2008-08-20, 1:30pm
Dangerous Woman

I think she ment the kumihimo discs.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-20, 1:55pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Oops, I should have been more specific yes, the kumihomo disks

Jenny

Old 2008-08-20, 2:03pm
Puddy Cat Lover

That was too funny. I got a real giggle out of that one.
Well, I don't have a supplier for the disks, but that's a great idea. I do however have a link to the place where you can find the disks on the last page of the tutorial, along with a few more of my favorite links for the findings etc.
J.

Old 2008-08-21, 10:05am
Puddy Cat Lover

Default New Bound Booklet Available

The Kumihimo Beaded Bracelet Tutorial is now available in a bound booklet. It's color laser printed and bound with plastic covers. The additional cost is minimal and there is a shipping charge too.
Thanks a bunch!
J.
Attached Images

Old 2008-08-21, 10:36am
NW Oregon

This looks like a fun project. It reminds me of crocheted beads. I've tried to get the hang of crochet. I can in fact do it but I don't really like doing it.

How long does it take to make this bracelet once you are familiar with the Kumihimo steps?

Thanks
J

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2008-08-21, 11:11am
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiacat View Post

How long does it take to make this bracelet once you are familiar with the Kumihimo steps?

Thanks
J
2 hours. Really! I tried to crochet too. I have such trouble getting started. I'm so glad I can achieve the same look with this technique and it's soooo much easier.
J.

Old 2008-08-21, 2:45pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Savina View Post
2 hours. Really! I tried to crochet too. I have such trouble getting started. I'm so glad I can achieve the same look with this technique and it's soooo much easier.
J.
That's exactly why I was interested in it. Bead crochet is really hard!

Jenny

Old 2008-08-21, 3:51pm
NW Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Savina View Post
J.
I hope you don't mind if I quiz you on this technique but I know nothing about it. I was never very interested in it when it got popular. So, I have three more questions.....

1. Is there lots of pre-stringing? I do have a bead spinner but would like to know.

2. Are there lots of patterns that can be done with with this technique and the seed beads?

3. What size beads are you using in your tutorial? Is it possible to do it with size 11/0 and size 8/0?

Maybe these questions will help other people besides me

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.
J

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2008-08-21, 9:10pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiacat View Post
I hope you don't mind if I quiz you on this technique but I know nothing about it. I was never very interested in it when it got popular. So, I have three more questions.....

1. Is there lots of pre-stringing? I do have a bead spinner but would like to know.

2. Are there lots of patterns that can be done with with this technique and the seed beads?

3. What size beads are you using in your tutorial? Is it possible to do it with size 11/0 and size 8/0?

Maybe these questions will help other people besides me

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.
J
Hi!
I appreciate all the questions.
Yes there is pre-stringing. I've never used a bead spinner so maybe it may make the pre-stringing go faster. It doesn't take long to string the beads.
I'm using #8 japanese seed beads in this tutorial. You can use smaller beads, like the delicas or even #15s.
As far as the patterns go, I show a 2 color spiral in this tutorial, but I encourage you to play with color combinations.
Hope this helps.
Thank a bunch!
J.

Old 2008-08-25, 4:42pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Default Update

This Kumihimo Tutorial is now available in a smaller PDF file for downloading. 3.25MB instead of 10.3MB which should download in considerably less time than before.
Thanks to all.
J.

Old 2008-08-25, 5:05pm

Jeanette, I love the tutorial . Got it this past weekend, thank you. I have to gather up some supplies then I can give it a try. I didn't see it mentioned in the tut itself so I thought I would just check. Is it ok to take to an office store and have a copy made...for MY OWN use?

Old 2008-08-26, 4:52am
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by artic^wolf View Post
Jeanette, I love the tutorial . Got it this past weekend, thank you. I have to gather up some supplies then I can give it a try. I didn't see it mentioned in the tut itself so I thought I would just check. Is it ok to take to an office store and have a copy made...for MY OWN use?
Thank you Lori, I hope you have fun making the bracelet. Woud you show us your work when you're finished?
Yes, by all means you can print it out for your own use.
Thank you for posting here.
J.

Old 2008-08-29, 9:29am
Dangerous Woman

I can't wait to see some examples of what you all make. I'm on the fence on this one.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-31, 10:31am
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
I can't wait to see some examples of what you all make. I'm on the fence on this one.
Me too Nancy, I know some of the people who've bought the tutorial are from LE. So I can't wait to see what they came up with.

There's a few pictures that I may be adding to a future edition of this tutorial. One is my Rock Monster Keychains that I make with this technique. I used the polished gem chips for these. In another other picture I'm showing some large hole beads that I made with 3/16 inch mandrel (no metal core) that fit perfectly on the narrower beaded cord made with the No. 11 Japanese delica seed beads. The last picture shows a bracelet made with the 4mm Czech round crystals. So the potential for making many things is there after you master this technique. It really is a lot of fun.
J.
Attached Images

Old 2008-08-31, 1:20pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I love the rock monster keychains!

Jenny

Old 2008-10-02, 8:36pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Default 2nd edition with gallery page

Just an FYI. Anyone who has purchased this tutorial and would like to share an image or two of their work with me, I'll will be putting select images in a new gallery page of the second edition. Credit will be given to each artist. If I use your image in the second edition, I will send you a copy of the updated edition at no charge. So, let's see some pictures of those kumihimo bracelets, necklaces etc.
Have a great weekend all!
J.

Old 2008-10-12, 9:41am
glass nerd!

I just ordered this and am very excited to try this out!

Old 2009-06-04, 6:30pm
mealerbeadz

I have REALLY enjoyed your tutorial! I've completed 2 bracets I'm very proud of (I hope to post them soon), and I'm looking forward to making more while I'm on vacation. Question...where is the beat place to buy the cones to finish the bracelet ends?

Thanks,
Allen

Just a few things....

New Flickr Site

Betta and one (or two) oxycons
Old 2009-06-06, 10:31am
mealerbeadz

I finally got a picture of my first three bracelets. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying making these! Once you get the kumihimo braiding technique down, the rest is a snap; much easier than I thought! Jeanette, you did a WONDERFUL job with the tutorial....

Allen
Attached Images

Just a few things....

New Flickr Site

Betta and one (or two) oxycons