TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-08-05, 2:53pm

LOL, I dunno. I'm reading that it hasn't been successful taking it somewhere...unless I'm misunderstanding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-05, 5:28pm
BrakerBeads

Yes.....when you upload the document to a place that will print it for you, they automatically check the size of the document in the properties. If you also select to print it on 8.5 x11, the computer edits say "It's too big" for the size paper you chose.

So you can't just upload it to kinko's or lulu.com and order a print out. I will just put it on disk, take it kinko's and instruct them to do what Deb did (let it fit to the page). It'll be ok.

I thought the presentation was very well done, and very pretty photo's. ~NancyB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Because Beads are Necessary for Life Force!

Old 2008-08-05, 7:10pm

I bought 4 tutorials. I uploaded them all to kinkos and then combined them. Added a coil binder and vinyl coverings and named it "lampwork tuturials"
So for under $60 I got 4 books are combined into one great book. Took them one day to do. Need to go pick it up so I can get started
It was pretty easy too.

Old 2008-08-07, 7:39am

Thank you for answering my questions I bought the tut and received it this morning. I'm a beginner and did read the "warning" that it isn't for beginners, but after reading it I feel it was already beneficial and I haven't even sat at a torch with it yet . Very well written and the photgraphy is luscious. Thank you Sarah.

Old 2008-08-07, 3:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
I bought 4 tutorials. I uploaded them all to kinkos and then combined them. Added a coil binder and vinyl coverings and named it "lampwork tuturials"
So for under $60 I got 4 books are combined into one great book. Took them one day to do. Need to go pick it up so I can get started
It was pretty easy too.
Reenie, Thanks from me to on how to do that. I never even heard of up-loading a file to a printer before this! LOL. I am so out of the loop.

I tried to put another tutorial on a disk to take to the printer, and crashed my computer. It was my computer/not the tutorial that caused the crash. Anyway, this sounds like a much better option.

Old 2008-08-09, 4:57pm
yes, llamas...and ducks

Location: Langley, BC, Canada, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth.

I saw this thread, saw the beads being produced....and popped over to Sarah's site to buy the Tut.

Looking forward to lighting up the torch!!

Flaming on a Minor with concentrator.

Old 2008-08-11, 4:33pm
Glass my new Obsession

I bought #791456. Vetrofond Pink Gold Special It is really pale compared to the pics on the website where I got it.Is it possibly unstruck?

Old 2008-08-11, 7:27pm
glass melter

I imagine that just like Effetre Rubino Oro 456, the Vetrofond rods can come in a variety of colors from just a blush to more color, but they are usually unstruck. The thing that I learned in Robin Foster's color class is that the Vetrofond Rubino is a lot purpler than the Effetre, I prefer the Effetre Rubino myself, the fuschia girl that I am, but the Vetrofond does have its uses, too.
Old 2008-08-11, 7:30pm
glass melter

Oh! Actually, I came into this thread to HIGHLY recommend this tutorial - Sarah is a FANTASTIC writer!!! This tut is so informative, entertaining, enlightening, I cannot praise it enough!
Old 2008-08-12, 2:23pm
Senior Moment

I am SO excited, just ordered one too!
Thanks!
Patricia
Old 2008-08-12, 3:10pm
Sheila

If you're having trouble printing on Letter size paper, check your print options. For Page Scaling select Fit to printable area, like this:

The printed copy may not look quite as good as it would on A4, but it'll be usable.

Ignore the preview; that's something I just happen to have open in Acrobat for work.

Old 2008-09-09, 8:06pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I'm sorry if anybody already mention this, I read this whole thread while ago and I can't remember seeing it. My Staples refuse to print the e-book for me cause there's copyright sign, anybody experience this? What can you do? Thank you in advance!

Old 2008-09-15, 8:19pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I guess I just email Sarah about this.

Old 2008-09-15, 8:33pm

How about using lulu.com
That's what I did. Actually for the first book I did it at Kinko's. It cost way more but was hassle free. Lulu was 1/3 the price and shipped it pretty quick too.
Try it and if you have problems, Just PM Me.

Old 2008-09-17, 6:04pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Hi Reenie, I live in Canada, I'm worry about shipping fee for the book. Staples gave me a waiver doc, I will send it to her and get her to sign it.

Old 2008-09-17, 7:03pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

In case anyone is interested, we've started an exchange for the Think Pink beads ... link is in my siggie.