Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-06-12, 8:36am
boro color bender

These figures are straight from Carlisle... just got off the phone. Typed as they told me. Hope it helps.

Propane 3.5 CFH

Oxy... 24 CFH... 11.33 LPM...

NG- 6.5 CFH

Oxygen - 21 CFH, 9.9 LPM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-06-12, 10:34am
What, Me Worry?

Thanks Brent.
BH
Old 2006-06-12, 11:25am

Are those the numbers where the torch performs best according to Chris? Or are they the minimum requirements needed to run the torch?
Verrrry Interesting.
I can't wait to hook it up again and use those numbers!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-06-12, 12:50pm
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD
Are those the numbers where the torch performs best according to Chris? Or are they the minimum requirements needed to run the torch?
Verrrry Interesting.
Paula
Paula,
Do you have a CFH gauge on your propane delivery line (not PSI... CFH)?
Also, will you have a vendor booth at the Gathering?
BH
Old 2006-06-12, 12:59pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Verrrry Interesting.
Paula
Chris wasn't in today... I got the specs from a gentleman that found the sheet. I'm calling Chris tomorrow to get a more detailed explaination... I would love it if somebody (besides me LOL) would put together a chart with all the torches and their flow requirements.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-06-12, 2:39pm

Thank You both. BH I'll have to look...I have all kinds of gauges but the computer is no where near where the studio is to take a peek!
I do not have a table at the Gathering but I will be there and selling my beads at the Bazaar.
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-06-12, 10:01pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Chris wasn't in today... I got the specs from a gentleman that found the sheet. I'm calling Chris tomorrow to get a more detailed explaination... I would love it if somebody (besides me LOL) would put together a chart with all the torches and their flow requirements.
I'm about to head out of town, but when I return, I could help out.

It would be helpful to have flow rates for the maximum flame for soft glass as well as the maximum flame for boro. Once you get your candles up over 1/2" or so, the flame starts going into reduction. This is fine for boro, but not for soft glass. So, the best biggest flame for soft glass would be one where the candles are 1/2", and the flow rate should be measured at that point for a value for soft glass work. And, the best biggest flame for boro would be bigger than that, and the flow rate should be measured there, too, for a value for boro.

Does that make sense?

Right now, GTT is doing some intensive testing where they melt certain size gathers of glass, cut certain sized rods, timing everything, checking flow rates, comparing jet counts, etc., etc. It's very exciting and we are all learning some very interesting things. I will be happy to share the results when the testing is complete. This is something that should have been done a long time ago. Of course, they have tested things here and there before, but not as in depth as they are testing now.

So, I'll help by supplying the information I get out of this.
Old 2006-06-27, 3:50pm

Well I don't know about the Wildcat but my Lucio torch just got here!! Yeah!!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-06-27, 3:54pm

Quote:
Well I don't know about the Wildcat but my Lucio torch just got here!! Yeah!!

Paula
CONGRATULATIONS ! I talked to someone and Bead and Button, and the wait list is eight months for this torch. Which did you get, the dragon?

Old 2006-06-27, 7:47pm
boro color bender

The Dragon looks soooo cool!

Old 2006-06-27, 8:08pm

I got the Dragon which took longer than the regular Lucio torch. I ordered it last September. It's beautiful! I"m going to post a photo later if I have batteries left in the camera!
I have no idea how it melts glass...Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-06-27, 8:12pm

Supposed to be fantastic. Also runs on standard household presure for natural gas. No booster needed. That is why I like it. There still is some question about what is needed to run it to it's full potential, concentrator or generator wise. Two concentrators will NOT run in properly. I had spoken to Chris, but need to cover that again with him.

Old 2006-06-27, 8:28pm

The directions that came with it have listed pretty low pressures. I do also remember Chris saying that is was designed for very low pressure as that's what they have in Italy. I took some photos but my flash is awol so they came out too dark. This torch is magnificent! The base is heavy bronze so we don't have to play the clamp it games! It has a built in marver and the height and just about every angle is adjustable. Carlisle really did a fantastic job. Of course I can't get to the studio till the weekend to see how it melts glass..
Leave it to a woman owned business...
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-06-27, 8:35pm

also has some nice features, like the small graphite pad. The height can be adjusted too.

I hope to try one out at the Gathering.