LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-03-07, 6:33pm

Default The "Painted Rose" Bead Tutorial

My new tutorial, "The Painted Rose Bead" is now available for instant download.

This is a very involved piece of work, so it's best suited for the advanced lampworker. All of the glasses are 104 COE. There are no special tools required.

The file size is 1.19 MB with 16 Pages and 89 graphics.

This tutorial includes a full tutorial for making the bead as well as separate mini tutorials for the roses, leaves and rosebuds.

Should you like to preview the file, please click here.

The tutorial can be found here. The price is $22.00.

Thanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ashtonjewels; 2009-03-07 at 6:35pm.
Old 2009-03-07, 6:42pm
glass nerd!

This is definately a must have. My goodness that bead is beautiful!!

Old 2009-03-07, 6:47pm
Looking for my waistline

That's just lovely. I may have to break down and buy that tutorial!
Old 2009-03-07, 6:48pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I have been waiting for this tut for some time. I can't wait to get it.

Old 2009-03-07, 6:52pm

Thanks ya'll! Ya know, I don't think I quite realized how tough that sucker was to create until I actually started writing it down. If you ladies need a challenge, this one will certainly give you that and more. lol

Old 2009-03-07, 7:02pm
Burning Fingers!

I've got it - whoopee! Thanks so much Lydia for sharing such a wonderful "piece of yourself". I have been practising roses all day, but it looks like this is a completely different way than I have been doing it - and much more realistic. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can get on the torch again.
Thanks again.

/
/
/

Last edited by Jane P; 2009-03-07 at 7:56pm.
Old 2009-03-07, 7:05pm
I speak Murrini!

Wow, Lydia!

How absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it! Quick question: Is the bead shown above "etched"? It looks like it - so soft and muted!

Thanks for offering such a lovely tut! I hope a thread will start with results, too...I wanna see what everyone does with this one!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-03-07, 7:21pm

Thank you Jane! I'm so glad that you like it and I really hope you enjoy it!

De, thanks! Yes, it's etched.

Here's a picture of what it looked like before it was etched. . .

Old 2009-03-07, 7:41pm

Absolutely gorgeous. I am looking forward to the day when I have enough knowledge and PPP under my belt to try something like this!
Old 2009-03-07, 7:58pm

Lydia,
I just got the tutorial and have read through it. It is fantastic!
Thank you for sharing your expertise!

Old 2009-03-07, 8:01pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I got it, I read it and have to say WWWWOOOOOOW. I have many tutorials, all tell you what to do but only a handful share the why of it. I am a why of it kinda girl, everything you learn can be used for something else if you know the why. I appreciate how you broke down each step so it could be practiced separately until it is mastered and then go on to the next section.

Thank-you for all your hard work and great photography. The photos are just the right size to get the point across and well numbered so the instructions are easy to follow. I can't wait to try this tomorrow.

Old 2009-03-07, 8:30pm

Thank you Shari!

Lisa, thank you too. I hope you enjoy it!

Tracy, I am so thrilled that you like having the "why" info. I too am a "why" kind of gal. I hear that is a common "right brain" trait. lol Hope you enjoy yourself tomorrow and thank you!

Old 2009-03-07, 8:47pm
Incognito

I think that is pure and simply one of the most beautiful beads I have ever seen.

Linda
Old 2009-03-07, 8:52pm

Thank you Linda!!

Old 2009-03-07, 9:38pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels View Post
...De, thanks! Yes, it's etched. Here's a picture of what it looked like before it was etched. . .
Thank you Lydia!!! Just for comparison, I'm posting them side by side here. I'm always chicken to etch something - for fear of messing it up! This really highlights the soft beauty that can amazingly enhance a bead with etching!

Just gorgeous!!!

De

Old 2009-03-07, 9:43pm
Life is change. Love it

Got it. Now I will have to control my ADD and try to make a two hour bead. Holy crap!

Old 2009-03-07, 11:05pm

Lydia your bead is spectacular! I just can't resist buying your tutorials.
Old 2009-03-07, 11:38pm

Beautiful !

Old 2009-03-08, 5:00am
Serenity Now!

Gorgeous ~ as always, and a totally awesome tut!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-03-08, 6:00am

Thanks so much! I hope you all enjoy it!

Old 2009-03-08, 7:45am
KAS Lampwork Beads

Hi Lydia! Beautiful roses beads! Question: in order to make these beads, will we have to purchase lots of supplies (brushes, enamels, whatever) or are they made using just the "usual" glass and supplies that we probably already have? Thank you! Kathleen (KAS)

My ETSY STORE:

Old 2009-03-08, 8:05am
Life is change. Love it

Kathleen, in Lydia's first post you can get a preview of the tut which tells you everything you will need and the level of expertise needed (advanced)

Old 2009-03-08, 8:19am
what's a senior moment ?

That is one stunning bead ! Gorgeous ! And the preview is wonderful ! I'm sitting on my hands now ! lol !

Old 2009-03-08, 8:56am

OMG! Now you have done it. Please have them for a little while. I want one. Just have to wait for payday. Damn that is far away. Please keep this one around. I love it and love roses. So this is a must have. Beautiful.

Rose Leslie
Old 2009-03-08, 9:13am

This stunning tutorial is more than I had dreamed it would be! Thank you, Lydia, for giving so much of yourself to us. The bead in the tutorial is a work of art, and should inspire anyone who tries it to stretch and expand their skills!

I love it when the medium of glass dances with painting, composition, color theory and gives us something akin to what "The Painted Rose" offers! This is the kind of tutorial that will push me beyond what I have done thus far...SO exciting! xiola

Thus far...

Old 2009-03-08, 10:44am
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

WOW this is awesome!!!! Cant wait to try it!!!! Going out there now!
Thank you Lydia!!!!
Attached Images

Old 2009-03-08, 2:01pm

Xiola - Gorgeous!!

Old 2009-03-08, 3:22pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiola blue View Post
...This is the kind of tutorial that will push me beyond what I have done thus far...SO exciting! xiola Thus far...
Wow, gorgeous! Can I pick your brain a bit? How long have you been lampworking? And what kind of step up (torch, oxy, oxycon) do you have? Just wondering how different equipment may impact the success level of this bead...

Thanks for sharing! It looks fabulous!

De

Old 2009-03-08, 3:31pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Thanks Lydia, this tut is a must have. I will be ordering one soon!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-03-08, 5:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Wow, gorgeous! Can I pick your brain a bit? How long have you been lampworking? And what kind of step up (torch, oxy, oxycon) do you have? Just wondering how different equipment may impact the success level of this bead...

Thanks for sharing! It looks fabulous!

De
Yeah what DeAnne said!! lol I'm so floral challenged it's pathetic!!!! lol Seems in the cobwebs of my mind, you're one of "those" people who make pretty flowers!!!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??