Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-05-23, 4:03pm

Default PETAL BEAD TUTORIAL and Variations by Magma Beads

Hello everyone,

This tutorial is a guide that will take you through all the steps necessary in order to achieve a beautiful petal bead with great depth.

This in not an implosion method.

I have been making these beads for quite some time now, I just kept trying different techniques and experimenting until I finally got it. Now i am ready to share this with everyone as i believe that this technique is the easiest in order to achieve this effect.
Once you know this method you will be able to make many different variations.

This tutorial includes:

- 84 Large detailed Pictures
- 35 Pages
- Step by step instructions
- Variations of the technique
- Lifetime support

GET YOUR TUTORIAL HERE

Thank you all for looking
Régis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Magma Beads .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Magma; 2011-05-25 at 5:21am.
Old 2011-05-23, 5:01pm
Mad about Glass

Good luck with the tutorial sales Regis. I love the depth you achieve in your petal beads.

[url]

Old 2011-05-23, 8:50pm
Mad about Glass

This is a great tutorial and I highly recommend it. It is a combination of the methods I have used in the past but I have never been able to achieve the depth that I wanted. Regis explains exactly how to do this with great photos and illustrations and very clear instructions.
Now I just have to try to make them smaller... not the great big honkers I end up with!!!
Thanks Regis.

[url]

Old 2011-05-24, 3:20pm

Thank you so much Jenn, i'm really pleased this tutorial has helped you

Magma Beads .

Old 2011-05-25, 1:55am

I have been asked by a few people if this was an implosion method, just want to clarify that it is not an implosion technique

Magma Beads .

Last edited by Magma; 2011-05-25 at 2:25am.
Old 2011-05-25, 8:04am

Thank you, Regis. I can't wait to receive my tutorial. This is exciting.

Minor
Old 2011-05-25, 8:53am

Wonderful tutorial, simple and very clearly explained.
Old 2011-05-25, 9:04am

This is great, I can't wait!

I hope it doesn't take 10 hours, lol.
Old 2011-05-25, 4:35pm

See, I was patient for once!

This is a great tutorial, I am so excited to try this Friday when there are no threatening storms in this part of America!
Old 2011-05-27, 2:21pm

Just put my first petal bead into the kiln, it's about an inch or bigger in size.

Now, I will try to make smaller ones.

It sure was fun and the directions are great, I can't believe I did it!
Old 2011-05-27, 3:48pm

Hi Carol

I'm really glad you like the tutorial, i'd love to see your results when you get a chance

Magma Beads .

Old 2011-05-27, 11:47pm

Just bought it. Been trying to make these for the last few weeks and have been failing dismally! Hope this will sort me out

For Val Cox Frit in the UK
For silver For my beads
Old 2011-05-29, 5:08pm

Default my first petal bead

it isn't perfect, by far, but it is truly the best one I have ever made, my DH and son thought it was cool .
Attached Images

Old 2011-05-30, 2:25am

Woohoo Carol !!! it looks fantastic thank you so much for posting your work, i'd love to see more

Regis

Magma Beads .

Old 2011-05-30, 8:34am

Thanks, Regis, as you can see I used Moretti black and it bled dark purple. I was hoping it would be a pretty purple though.

I didn't think it would turn out so good on my first try or I would have used my better glass. Thank you for the tutorial. I have tried to make these for years and usually give up after a few failures.

I can see where these could get very addictive because they are so much fun to make!

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2011-05-30 at 10:18am. Reason: Moretti not vetrofond!
Old 2011-05-31, 2:59pm

Yes they are very fun to make aren't they? especially once you get confortable with the technique you'll never stop I can't wait to see more.

Magma Beads .

Old 2011-05-31, 3:13pm

Regis, I have some of the ones I made yesterday, also no where near perfect, in the Customer Service section and it is titled Where can I find good Rubino, lol.

I was trying to make watermelon beads in case it is hard to tell .
Old 2011-06-10, 3:39pm
Burning Fingers!

Just ordered mine - after many failed attempts I gave up trying to figure it out myself - lol.

/
/
/

Old 2011-06-10, 4:01pm

Hi Jane, you should have the file now thank you.

I would love to see your results if you don't mind posting them.

Magma Beads .

Old 2011-06-10, 5:29pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks Regis - I hope to be at the torch next week, so will take a crack at it then. I have just read the tutorial, and it is great - I see now where I was going wrong. Thanks for doing such a great job of the instructions.

/
/
/

Old 2011-06-17, 3:41pm
Dynamic Duo

First bead made using this tut - Do not have a marble mold, and am finding the beads for me to be coming out longer, instead of round. Also think I want to do fewer rows of petals with more clear inbetween to give more seperation.

BUT THIS IS A FANTASTIC TUTORIAL -
Great instructions, photos, etc. Very professionally put together.

Old 2011-06-18, 8:09pm

Fantastic first bead guys !! i love the colour combo you used, glad you like the tutorial. I've sent you a PM

Magma Beads .

Last edited by Magma; 2011-06-20 at 2:18am.
Old 2011-06-23, 7:55am

Default Boro?

Does this work with Boro?
Old 2011-06-23, 2:44pm

Hi Sue, i don't see why it wouldn't work with boro, i have had a few people purchase this who are boro users, so i've sent them an email and i'll let you know how they went asap

Magma Beads .

Old 2011-06-24, 2:06pm
Dynamic Duo

Getting better at these! Getting them rounder. Started this one with a center of green transparent glass.

LOVE THIS TUTORIAL

Old 2011-06-24, 3:31pm

YAY !! it looks fantastic, i love the orange copper you used, really nice ! Thanks a lot for posting your pictures

Magma Beads .

Old 2011-07-02, 6:24pm

Default Any luck with Boro?

A couple of folks said they were going to try this with Boro. Any update?????

Thanks
Old 2011-07-04, 4:21am

I've got hold of some Boro and yes, the technique does work with boro as well

Magma Beads .

Last edited by Magma; 2011-07-20 at 1:51am.
Old 2011-07-20, 1:54am

Has anyone got any more pictures to share?

Magma Beads .

Old 2011-07-20, 7:24am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Awesome tutorial! I highly recommend it!

Patsy

Ebay: