LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-10-30, 7:31am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Aaaargh, I finally got paid and you're on vacation Hannah, you're not supposed to do that to me! J/K

I'm setting my Etsy to notify me when you get back, I've already got beadies ready!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-30, 7:41am
Mr Brutus RIP

Thanks val, I finally figured that part out.....only took me 3 1/2 hours to part way finish one bracelet...........gosh I stink!
My other problem is not understanding the directons further down.....my bracelet spiraled
gosh I guess this is why I really dont' make any jewelry.....I can handle earrings and string beads on to a leather cord! LOL

It still looks pretty but now the part of the closure has me really worried. I didn't read the instructions yet....put it away and gave up for the night. LOL guess I'll pull it out now and give it a try to finish.

Old 2011-10-30, 7:58pm
Still makin' flowers...

Astrid - I just got home! It wasn't really vacation - I was teaching at Glass Stock East and then discussed going to teach for Carlisle next August. We have a great line-up of classes. I'll be ready to send new tutorials out tomorrow morning. Tonight, I'm going to catch up on LE and then have a cup of wine and SLEEP!

Glassymom - your piece spiraled because you forgot to alternate left side and right with your knots. If you always just go one way, it spirals all the way around and you can say you meant to do it!

Janet - found your email and re-sent the color theory tutorial to you. Let me know it arrived this time!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2011-10-30 at 8:10pm.
Old 2011-10-30, 8:36pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Hannah,
As far as I could tell I was alternating..........but I dont' quite know if I was alternating in a wrong way or what??? I did left side then right side......I kept paying attention to that...and yet it was still wrong. oh well......what can ya do. My son has a friend that does macrame, maybe I can get him to help me sometime. LOL
I'll give it another shot in a day or two, see if it sinks in different

Old 2011-10-31, 2:41am

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassymom View Post
Hannah,
As far as I could tell I was alternating..........but I dont' quite know if I was alternating in a wrong way or what??? I did left side then right side......I kept paying attention to that...and yet it was still wrong. oh well......what can ya do. My son has a friend that does macrame, maybe I can get him to help me sometime. LOL
I'll give it another shot in a day or two, see if it sinks in different
It helps if you wrap a tiny piece of tape on your right cord. Then you always know it goes under. But I still haven't attempted the slider bar. I think it makes sense.

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2011-10-31, 7:06am
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityArtGlass View Post
It helps if you wrap a tiny piece of tape on your right cord. Then you always know it goes under.
Good idea!

I've sent out this morning's tutorials and reloaded the shop!

!
Old 2011-10-31, 7:45am
Mr Brutus RIP

Marie,
Ok, So are you saying the one cord, same cord is always under? well that makes some sense....... I will try the tape, putting it on the end will help me tons!

Has anyone tried disk beads? I made a set to try and then couldn't figure out how to put them on......

Thanks Marie!!
sue

Old 2011-11-02, 6:54pm
Still makin' flowers...

Sue - I'm in the middle of a new tutorial, but disk beads is a wonderful idea. I'll see if I can't figure something out with them this upcoming weekend.

!
Old 2011-11-04, 5:09am
Growing Edge Glass

Hannah, your work is always beautiful!

All of the bracelets in this thread are gorgeous!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-04, 6:27am
Still makin' flowers...

Thank you Mikelene! Have you seen the bracelets that are in the thread in the gallery? The ones that LE members made from the tutorial are absolutely fantastic, too.

I reloaded the shop again...

!
Old 2011-11-05, 5:05am
Growing Edge Glass

Yes, I did see the gallery thread and just grabbed the last tutorial in your Etsy shop.

Time to reload, again!

Can't wait to try these!

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-05, 5:27am
Still makin' flowers...

I did, Mikelene! Thanks for the heads up - your tutorial should have arrived to you already.

!
Old 2011-11-05, 5:52am
Growing Edge Glass

Got it Hannah...thank you!

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-10, 10:28am
Still makin' flowers...

I taught this class yesterday at the Gahanna Bead Studio and we had so much fun! We didn't use lampwork - we used small (6mm) bling beads and they came out really nicely.

!
Old 2011-11-18, 12:02pm
Duchess of Dichro

I am having fun with this one Hannah!!

Old 2011-11-18, 2:17pm

Would you believe I have all the stuff and STILL have not sat down to make anything? I really suck!

Old 2011-11-27, 8:49pm
Smile, it's contagious!

My second one, made for DD.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-11-28, 9:39am

Finally got one made! So much fun and pretty simple as I've never macrame'd anything. But I'm not satisfied with the way my knots look on the back. The glue I have is for crap and not holding. Can someone point me to a supplier for the watchmaker's glue? Tried googling for it but didn't really turn up much. TIA.

My Ebay
Old 2011-11-29, 9:52am
Still makin' flowers...

Gelly: It turned out great!

Reenie: You'll get to it!

Kat: g-S Hypo Cement should suit your needs just fine!
http://www.firemountaingems.com/deta...p?pn=H201956TL

!
Old 2011-11-29, 1:22pm

Thanks very much! Off to order.

My Ebay
Old 2011-11-30, 8:44pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

We all know that Hannah keeps up with what is new. Just wanted to tell you, HR, that I was looking at the vendors for Intergalactic next weekend near me. One of the vendors has listed in big letters that they sell a Shamballa kit for men and women's bracelets. And the bead shop I sometimes frequent has a class for the ladderstitch bracelet!!!

Thanks to you I feel way ahead of all of them!!
Old 2011-12-02, 7:02pm
Still makin' flowers...

Hi Pat! I know - just about every bead store has a version of it these days. But check it out - the tutorial is now called Bead and Macrame Tibetan Prayer Style Bracelet.

Why?
Check out the gallery posting:
http://lampworketc.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=120

!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2011-12-06 at 8:09am.
Old 2012-01-07, 5:01pm
Yeller Rose

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...=SPM5741600003

I hope you can follow this link - it is from Sears advertising a $900.00 Shamballa Bracelet. I wonder if Shamballa Jewels is going to sue Sears?
Old 2012-01-07, 8:40pm
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by opportunity-shop View Post
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...=SPM5741600003

I hope you can follow this link - it is from Sears advertising a $900.00 Shamballa Bracelet. I wonder if Shamballa Jewels is going to sue Sears?
Oh lordy. I think that's almost identical to one that Deb found in her Chinese resources for something like $15.

---- edited to add...
No, it was Donna who found the link. Here it is again.

http://jewelrieshop.en.alibaba.com/p..._Bracelet.html

!
Old 2012-01-07, 10:19pm
FatCat Mama

Ah, but the one from Sears has 6.75 total ct wt of genuine Russian CZs!

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2012-01-08, 7:58pm
Yeller Rose

And reduced from $2100.00. Thank you so much Hannah for helping us stay on top of these great, OLD styles. I really did learn this way back when.
When I wasn't making jewelry, I was using the same knots with jute to make huge plant hangers -- I think I still have the rope burns. Fun then, fun now. Barb
Old 2012-01-08, 8:11pm
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by opportunity-shop View Post
And reduced from $2100.00. Thank you so much Hannah for helping us stay on top of these great, OLD styles. I really did learn this way back when.
When I wasn't making jewelry, I was using the same knots with jute to make huge plant hangers -- I think I still have the rope burns. Fun then, fun now. Barb
LOL in re rope burn, Barb. I know, its absolutely rediculous that they should claim the name on something that has been around for such a while.

I can think of a million other things I would do with $2100, BTW. I wonder if they actually sold any at $900? Sears isn't exactly known for its high end clientel.

!
Old 2012-03-18, 12:02pm

Hannah, will you please add more of this tut to your shop? I'd like to buy it. Tank you!

Linda
Old 2012-03-18, 6:33pm
Still makin' flowers...

Hi Linda! I had a sale on leftover lampwork running in my Etsy store so had turned off all the tutorials for just 24 hours. Its amazing how many folks were looking for them during that time. But... its back up - here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/84039260...acrame-tibetan
And still at $5.50!

!