Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2006-04-01, 10:34pm
PyronamixK

Brad, have you tried running the center on one M20 and the outer on the other?

When we ran the Millenium 10 Custom (now called the M20) at the Gathering (open torch), one unit ran the centerfire of a Phantom at full capacity. It ran both the outer and inner fire at full blast for a very short time, then had no problem running the center at full capacity after that.

Because one unit did such a good job running the centerfire, I thought that running one on the center and one on the outer would be possible - that if it couldn't run the outer at 100%, it could at least get 85% out of it. Willy agreed. That is why they got two M20s to test back at the shop. The M10 was to be tested on the Bobcat.
Old 2006-04-04, 11:33am

I recently picked up a Devilbiss MC82 unit. I think its not producing much in the way of O2. Or at least, some of my clear bullseye is foggy.

Any impressions on this unit?

Cheers Mike

Last edited by Mike; 2006-04-05 at 5:55am.
Old 2006-04-08, 5:38pm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Larry, you sell these exact same Millenium 5 lpm units with a 5 year warranty. Not modified, but if you keep up this out right bad mouthing, you are going to look bad. Maybe you're just a grumpy old man that should hold back off on voicing his opinion so harshly. The units I have are performing flawlessly. I really like them. Time will tell how long they hold up, but I have been assured by the manufacturer that they stand behind these units. So far, they have with others, so I have zero anxiety over it. I know you have some great 5 year warranty, but you aren't doing a damn thing to the units to improve them to the level some of us need. Stop being a crotchety old geezer and see what these do over time. Your bad attitude is really going to lose you some business. I definitely won't ever suggest you guys if somebody needs a 5 LPM machine and I get asked a LOT. There's too many other companies offering the exact same units. Watch your words and how you represent your business... it's not nice and will cost you money. If you have doubts, fine... express them as doubts. Debate it on hard facts if you have them... you have so much experience in this feild, I think you could make your point without calling names.
Good Evening Mr. Smiley,

I am extremely sorry if you have taken offense at my trying to be honest and warn people in the beadmaking community about getting stuck with these machines. If you have ever taken the time to call me or talk to anyone who knows me or this business you would probably be suprised to know that we are highly respected as an oxygen supplier and are held in high regard.

I have little tolerance for people who try to bait me into trivial arguements regarding oxygen systems as you obviously seem to like to do.

We feel that we set the Highest Standard for our equipment and services which other companies do not even come close to offering. Wonder why that is ? Think about it !!

We feel that our 5 year warranty should be a minimum standard for our customers, no matter if it is for medical practices, fish farming, ozone / health purposes, beadmaking, etc.

It shows that OxygenPlus offers commitment, character, integrity, credibility and support ALL of our customers no matter what application our equipment is chosen to be used for.

We take care of our customers for five years so they can run and focus on their business &/or hobbie and not worry about the oxygen concentrator.

OxygenPlus Medical Systems is a Business who cares what customers end up with and not a "crotchety old Geezer" with an attitude ( I am 50 years young ).

OxygenPlus Medical Systems is a strong 26 year old family oriented company ( Yes, there are still some around ) that delivers " Good Ole Fashion " customer service.

I have always told my son Justin to always watch out for the guy that worries about YOUR money !! You do not really need to worry about my attitude, business, money, etc.

You should be worrying about getting these boys to provide some credibility to there machines CLAIMS Since they refuse to offer any data specification on there concentrator, by offering at least a 1 or 2 year warranty on their equipment to do justice to the beadmakers who have to scrimp and save to buy a concentrator !

The only way they can stand behind there equipment and alleged Claims is to take responsibility in one of two ways. Provide a Data Specification sheet which has been requested to support there claims, or stand behind there machines modification / tampering with a real warranty which will make the purchaser know they are dealing with a reputable person. Otherwise you would be better off taking your chances on e-bay.

I have no hidden agenda as I am sure you worry about also. I assume that you know that we deal with 5 LPM oxygen systems that beadmakers use for soft glass usually not exceed a minor burner. You and your freinds represent no problem for me as you are dealing with an entirely different piece of equipment.

I am not receiving any kickbacks to sell or market their M-10, M-20, Cyclone
or any other name that it gets called.

COLD HARD FACTS YOU REQUESTED

We were hired by a consulting firm years ago to see if it were possible to beef up concentrators to get more out of them, finally after months of research the conclusion was that it could not be done effectively for a very long period of time as the system, sieve materiel would not withstand the wide variations of flows and being out of tolerance. Purity issuses were ALWAYS a major problem at the maximun flowrates because the machines product holding tank would empty out within minutes resulting in flame fluctuation because of purity fluctuation.
It does not take an "Einstein" to figure out that if you are emtying out the concentrator oxygen holding tank faster than you are filling it that you are going to run out. Depending on variables like glass, torch type, etc. the time the unit will empty the oxygen product holding tank will vary but rest assured it will empty itself at 9 or 10 LPM. When you are told to reduce the flowmeter out put down to 8 lpm or below. That should be a red flag.
If a unit is sold as a 10 lpm unit then by Golly, don't you think it should perform at 10 LPM. Anyone who bys these units should run them @ 10 lpm and observe there flame. The flame should be the same no matter what setting that it is at from 1 LPM all the way to 10 LPM
The systems are not designed to operate at these pressures safely and will
have issues.

You should be also asking yourself that if these guys are tampering with a piece of manufactures Medical equipment ( Respironics ) are they or their products FDA approved ?? probably not !!
If they are making there own piece of equipment are they following safe manufacturers practices !! Probably not !!

I have asked them to display their concentrator units specifications 2 or 3 weeks ago, as well as some other beadmakers and to date have been totally
blown off - and yet you keep challenging my credentials.

We have never proclaimed to be experts in beadmaking or lampworking.

We try to help people do it better.

We are not trying to reinvent the wheel at others expense by Selling bogus equipment to be tested by the consumer at there home or business.

But make no mistake, we are industry experts on all models of oxygen concentrator systems

This Grumpy crotchety old geezer is now going to stay out of this thread. I feel I have made my point. People will come to there own conclusions soon enough.

Watch for our upcoming Easter April Specials.

Artisains from then beadmaking community that wish to make inquiries can reach us at 1.540.586.9051 or visit our website @ www.oxygenplusmedical.com

I would like to personally thank everyone for the outstanding support you have shown us over the years. It truly has been a great experience.

Respectfully,
Larry LaClair - President / CEO
OxygenPlus Medical Systems Inc.
www.oxygenplusmedical.com
www.oxygenplusmedical.com/referral.html
Old 2006-04-08, 6:06pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxydoc
Hello, sounds to me like your unit may have been another victim of shipping abuse. The "breathing" should very barely audible. If you get a chance soon, turn your unit over on its back and see if the plastic base is crackled or caved in. Sounds like the muffler has been broken off. We will be happy to fix it or replace it for you. We will pay your shipping if interested. jack
Thank you, Jack! The box did have some shipping damage, no visible damage on the machine but I was concerned about how loud the breathing is! Is this something I can fix myself? I'd hate to send it away... I have it teamed up with an old medical concentrator for a little extra kick, and I'm really happy with the combination.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-04-08, 6:43pm
PyronamixK

Here are the stats on the Psyclone I and Psyclone II, in case anyone is interested (Brad's post, #3):
http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthr...4873#post54873

Has anyone here tested one of these bigger units, yet?

I believe Greg already posted some specs for the M-20.

EDIT:
Here is a copy of what was discussed on that thread I referrenced, in case you cannot access it.

The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together (http://www.thegldg.com/forum/index.php)
- Miscellaneous Topics (http://www.thegldg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
- - Cyclone 2 oxygen generator 50 lpm? (http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5455)

Itzallmyne 04-05-2006 06:23 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyclone 2 oxygen generator 50 lpm?

Ok, got my new Glass Line issue today, in new product announcement there is a blurb about Glasscraft carrying 2 new larger Unlimited Oxygen generators

Cyclone 1- 20 liters per min (42.37 SCFH) of oxy at 20 lbs per sq inch-will power Nortel Mid-Range, Barracuda, Carlisle Wildcat or a GTT Phantom

Cyclone 2 -50 liters per min (105.93 SCFH) at up to 30 lb psi, will power Red Max, Beth Tiger Shark, Carlisle CC Burner or GTT Mirage- or it can power 2 mid-size or several small torches.

Anyone know about these? I wanted to call Glasscraft but they are closed, I guess I'll call them tomorrow, unless anyone knows about these generators.. Are these the ones Mr. Smiley was talking about?

Sounds too good to be true.....

Marilyn

Firekist 04-05-2006 08:40 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Cyclone 2 oxygen generator 50 lpm?

i don't know about too good to be true.. aren't there price tags associated with them? (might have to buy a compressor as well)

why can't they get a higher delivery pressure.. 30's kinda weak.

let us know what they say =-)

z---seth

Anakin's Glass Eye 04-06-2006 02:27 AM

I recently bought two M-20s to power my Phantom. The owners manual that came with them includes specs on the new Psychlone I and II. Here's the specs according to the Owners Manual:

Psyclone I
Oxygen Concentration
89% +/-4% at 1-15 LPM
79% +/-4% at 16-20 LPM
Weight 100 lbs
Dimensions 24x15x17 inches
Operating Pressure 18-20 psig

Psyclone II
Oxygen Concentration
89% +/-4% at 1-30 LPM
79% +/-4% at 31-50 LPM
Weight 100 lbs
Dimensions 24x15x17 inches
Operating Pressure 40 psig

According to information I previously recieved, there are several units in the field being tested by real people so this is not a new imaginary piece of equipment. But don't quote me on that. My memory plays tricks on me sometimes.

I've not seen a price yet for the units.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Brad

chuckworks 04-06-2006 09:25 AM

but 79% is crap, or am i wrong? maybe its like working on a torch with air

jokersdesign 04-06-2006 11:01 AM

Quote: (Originally Posted by chuckworks)but 79% is crap, or am i wrong? maybe its like working on a torch with air

Yeah that is what I thought. I would not want to use anything < 90% oxygen and it would be even better if it was 94-95% oxygen.

I was excited about these units until I saw the specs

Last edited by kbinkster; 2006-04-09 at 11:18am.
Old 2006-04-09, 7:52am
boro color bender

Larry, that may be a record for longest post evah!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-04-09, 4:30pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera
Thank you, Jack! The box did have some shipping damage, no visible damage on the machine but I was concerned about how loud the breathing is! Is this something I can fix myself? I'd hate to send it away... I have it teamed up with an old medical concentrator for a little extra kick, and I'm really happy with the combination.
Hey Kalera, Call me at the shop monday thru friday 317-831-2045. I think I may be able to talk you thru a repair. If not, I can switch it out for you and you wont miss a beat. jack
Old 2006-04-09, 4:53pm

The PSYCLONE has been tested by Ross at ABR and I believe he is posting the results on his website. He seemed pleased with the performance but did state that the unit was loud. I agree with him. That is something I may need to improve on. The specs are much better than early testing and I will post them on Monday. This week it goes to Art Glass House for testing. I will let you know where to find the results for each test. Our distributors set the retail price so I still dont know what it will be. I will post more as I can .jack
Old 2006-04-09, 5:15pm
boro color bender

Jack, let me know when you'll be at AGH. I'd love to meet you guys there and see the new unit in action, if my schedule allows. I'm excited!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-04-09, 6:37pm

Smile

Quote:
Jack, let me know when you'll be at AGH. I'd love to meet you guys there and see the new unit in action, if my schedule allows. I'm excited!
Hey Brent, sure will. I probably wont go myself, far to busy. But my brother Paul and our new sales person will be there. You are quite welcome. jack
Old 2006-04-09, 7:07pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxydoc
Hey Kalera, Call me at the shop monday thru friday 317-831-2045. I think I may be able to talk you thru a repair. If not, I can switch it out for you and you wont miss a beat. jack

Thanks, Jack!

Old 2006-04-09, 7:10pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry LaClair
You should be also asking yourself that if these guys are tampering with a piece of manufactures Medical equipment ( Respironics ) are they or their products FDA approved ?? probably not !!
Larry, I'm curious as to why you think the FDA should approve craft/hobby supplies? They are no longer medical concentrators after they've been modified.

Old 2006-04-10, 8:54pm

I am thinking about purchasing a Bullet Burner by N M Knight. I was wondering if anyone new how it compared to a Barracuda and whether or not it will run off of 2 m20's. Your input would be greatly appreciated. ( I have already been told the Barracuda will work.)

Lynn
Old 2006-04-10, 11:45pm

Mr. Simley,

now that everyone has all you special borro colors and are hooked. I would like to know if you have every had to to try the Cheetah on the two M-20. I have seen a few other take on how to run a Cheetah on less but I trust you opinion about getting the most from the Cheetah with boro not softglass my current setup to do soft glass is fine just takes way too long for boro.

Please help
Robin
Old 2006-04-11, 12:57pm

Here are the latest specs on the Psyclone I:
Outlet pressure 20 psi
Flow 0 to 20 lpm
Purity per setting:
5 lpm-94% +/- 5%
10 lpm-94% +/- 5%
15 lpm-94% +/- 5%
20 lpm-90% +/- 5%

Psyclone II (air assisted):
Outlet pressure 20 psi
5 lpm-94% +/- 5%
10 lpm-94% +/- 5%
15 lpm-94% +/- 5%
20 lpm-94% +/- 5%
25 lpm-90% +/- 5%
30 lpm-85% +/- 5%

I & II tied together (Y'ed)
40 lpm-90% +/- 5%
50 lpm-90% +/- 5%
So there you have it. The +/- is depending on humidity, moisture, altitude ect..

jack
Old 2006-04-11, 3:21pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfeld
Mr. Simley,

now that everyone has all you special borro colors and are hooked. I would like to know if you have every had to to try the Cheetah on the two M-20. I have seen a few other take on how to run a Cheetah on less but I trust you opinion about getting the most from the Cheetah with boro not softglass my current setup to do soft glass is fine just takes way too long for boro.

Please help
Robin
I love how they run my Cheetah. I keep meaning to post pics of the flames I'm getting, but life is getting in the way.

Old 2006-07-15, 11:52am

Default unlimited oxygen customer testimonial

Re: Unlimited Oxygen Concentrator customer response ?

I purchased a P-10 which arrived as an M-10 this past December for my MiniCC. When it arrived I realized that it is basically a rebuilt Respironics. Originally the business that I purchased it from recommended running it above the redline on the dial. After lots of following of threads on various forums, I've gone back to running it below the redline on the dial as it sounded like I was shortening the life of the concentrator.

Here are my conclusions: I'm now considering buying a 2nd concentrator. Most of the recommendations for the MiniCC are for 2 5LPM concentrators. I thought by purchasing the P-10/M-10 that I could get by on one. However, now I'm concerned that I'm running the concentrator well past its capacity. There is a tremendous amount of discussion on Lampwork Etc. that you might find interesting if you are considering this model. I'm thinking that a 2nd concentrator would make me happier with the performance of the torch and serve as a back-up if the P-10/M-10 should give out.

I haven't listened to other concentrators but I would say that unless you are working in a very small space, the concentrator is not excessively loud. I'm still designing my ventilation system and at the moment I'm using a multi-fan set-up and the fans are several times louder than the concentrator.

I guess that most times the bottom line question is -- would you buy the P10/M10 again? I am reasonably certain that if I could back the clock up to last December, I would not make the same choice -- I definitely wish I'd picked a different concentrator solution. I will add it's not because I can point to any particular problems but just because I felt that I was sold something that I felt was supposed to perform at a higher level and should really just be compared to any other 5LPM medical concentrator on the market.

Good luck with your decisions and look for a good warranty !!
Old 2006-07-16, 4:02am
boro color bender

Well, my two M-20's put out a lot more than any other medical concentrators could. They are still humming away! This is an update after months and months of regular use. If I could go back in time, I'd have bought them SOONER! I am so glad I took the leap of faith and got these units. Like every piece of equipment in our industry, it will fit some better than others. If this is the worst bit of negative propoganda Larry can find to post about his competition... the new M-10'2 and M-20's must be relatively problem free now. I'm happy happy happy with my investment.

Old 2006-07-16, 6:30pm

Thank you Justin, for explaining the differences between the Integra 10 (Sequal) and other 2 seive systems. That is why the Integra 10 does just what it does...delivers steady oxy flow as long as you have it turned on...NO BREATHING which means NO FLUCTUATION IN FLAME.

Paulette

Old 2006-07-17, 5:01am
Embracing My Wonkiness

I use a P-10 or M-10 or whatever the heck you want to call it and it has always produced a steady oxy flow without a breathing that caused a fluctuation in the strength or consistancy of the flame. Or should I say NO BREATHING and NO FLUCTUATION IN FLAME?

I've been using it for over a year now without any problems whatsoever. It performed as well yesterday as it did the first day I hooked it up over a year ago. That is to say, it works perfectly fine for working soft glass, which is what I bought it for. I'm not sure what else I should expect it to do for me before the higher priced competitors of this product might agree that I did alright with my purchase.

As someone who, compared to many here on LE, is still quite new to melting glass I have to say this is one of the silliest threads I've seen on these boards. Honestly, I would go out of my way to not buy from those in this thread who have made such an effort to trash their competition.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I hadn't seen with my own eyes that the M-10 does exactly what I was promised it would do and for a significantly lower price than other machines meant to offer the same thing. But as it stands I know that I made a perfectly fine purchase and you ungracious trash talkers just look rediculous to me.

Lil
Old 2006-07-17, 5:53am

Quote:
Well, my two M-20's put out a lot more than any other medical concentrators could. They are still humming away! This is an update after months and months of regular use. If I could go back in time, I'd have bought them SOONER! I am so glad I took the leap of faith and got these units. Like every piece of equipment in our industry, it will fit some better than others. If this is the worst bit of negative propoganda Larry can find to post about his competition... the new M-10'2 and M-20's must be relatively problem free now. I'm happy happy happy with my investment.
Hey Brent, if your 20s are still operating good, that means the timer I placed in there did'nt work. Dammitt! it was supposed to shut both 20s down after 6 months so you would have to buy more. OH WELL. Hey are you going to the Gathering? jack
Old 2006-07-17, 5:57am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firelilly
I use a P-10 or M-10 or whatever the heck you want to call it and it has always produced a steady oxy flow without a breathing that caused a fluctuation in the strength or consistancy of the flame. Or should I say NO BREATHING and NO FLUCTUATION IN FLAME?

I've been using it for over a year now without any problems whatsoever. It performed as well yesterday as it did the first day I hooked it up over a year ago. That is to say, it works perfectly fine for working soft glass, which is what I bought it for. I'm not sure what else I should expect it to do for me before the higher priced competitors of this product might agree that I did alright with my purchase.

As someone who, compared to many here on LE, is still quite new to melting glass I have to say this is one of the silliest threads I've seen on these boards. Honestly, I would go out of my way to not buy from those in this thread who have made such an effort to trash their competition.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I hadn't seen with my own eyes that the M-10 does exactly what I was promised it would do and for a significantly lower price than other machines meant to offer the same thing. But as it stands I know that I made a perfectly fine purchase and you ungracious trash talkers just look rediculous to me.

Lil
Im with you on the trash talk, Lil. Enough is enough. Caint we all just get a loan, a bone, a phone.... how does that go????
Old 2006-07-18, 4:44am
boro color bender

Jack, I read about your timer and reset it. They should shut down in the year 2036... by then, I think they will have paid for themselves! Actually, they have already paid for themselves and all this mud slinging is for the birds. I am very happy with my units!

I can't get to the gathering... as much as I wanted to, it just wasn't in the cards. No biggie, there's always next year. Have fun!