Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-03-01, 7:49am

Default ***March*** S&T

fun with eyes ... I'm gearing up to teach my technique in Turkey in May at the Denizli glass festival and afterwards in Istanbul, yay!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-03-01, 7:54am
Boro Brat

Awesome as always. Love the first and last especially. The razor one makes me cringe...guess that makes it good!

Old 2011-03-01, 8:08am

hehe, that second one, as much as I hate to admit it, was born from a very off center pupil. I'm normally very aware of my coffee intake because too much will shake me out, and I had a very strong coffee from our excellent machine just before I made that one ... so I missed the center. I also accidentally picked up a bit of china white and didn't realise it until it did what china white does ... so I finished it anyway, took my frustration out on it with my chinese miniature cleaver (great tool to have, btw) and it became an experimental

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-03-01, 8:13am
Pyromaniac

Ouch! That second one gave me a physical reaction too!
Very nice work.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2011-03-01, 8:18am

Hummmm...it's been proven. I'm totally whack. I love the second one. It made me jump but the off-center pupil and brillian blue iris blew me away.

I also really like the last one (dragon eye). Way cool as always.

Old 2011-03-01, 8:27am
Newb boro fanatic

Love the iris colour in the last one! Actually, ALL the colours in that last one are awesome. And the razor one seems kinda Dali-esque to me... lol

Old 2011-03-01, 11:42am

Wow! Those are really cool eyes!

I have some boro beads to share, butterscotch and amber purple bubble eyes, triple passion and double passion stripes, and some random pairs of boro beads!
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-02, 3:17am
sorcerer

very cool chris, I love the last one.
a little jellyfish from me.
B
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-02, 12:21pm
ILERNTITBYWATCHINU

wow.... off to a great start, for this months s&t.

wicked you're eyes awesome.
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-03, 12:51am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Wicked I love the 'experimental' with the razor blade. I like things that are a little on the dark side.

LLuvia your beads are gorgeous, the butterscotch and amber purple are my favs!

Beautiful jellyfish B, I love the clarity and the color combinations.

Berning that's wild, I love the colors of the flower.

Great pieces everyone, thanks for sharing!

Old 2011-03-03, 12:55pm
sorcerer

I have a faceted flower pendant today, cool pipe berning,
B
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-03, 11:50pm
frenetic crafter

I'm going a little boro crazy lately.

(same marble, about 1 1/2'')

The colors are off - anything that looks brown is pink. I'll get better pics in the morning.
Old 2011-03-04, 7:28am

Nice stuff everybody. Really like the eyeballs............esp the razor one...make me crack up as some mornings my eyes feel just like that from being so dry.

Old 2011-03-05, 5:13pm
Debra Clutter

Some boro beads from me.

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2011-03-05, 6:23pm

Very nice work from everybody so far!

This came out of the kiln today – I am quite happy with the geometry and air bubble control, but I still need more practice on the bottom where all pedals come together to a point. Further I am getting used to my new GTT Kobuki torch slowly – I have learned my lessons on heat control now!

Diameter is 46mm:

Cheers
Michael

Old 2011-03-06, 6:46pm

My latest marble that came out of the kiln today. This makes marble #9. I'm really pleased with the overall design and this one didn't have any bubbles in it. Yipee!

Thank you John Kobuki!

Old 2011-03-06, 7:29pm

Sweet implosions.

Old 2011-03-07, 11:37am

Default Some beads from me.

Mandrels a lot lately practice, practice, practice. Soon I will be back to my off mandrel first love.
Old 2011-03-07, 4:07pm
Borovangelist

Hey Christian, what was the complaint with the china white? I haven't used it much, but I've had mixed results making simple beads with it until I picked up the 'layer of clear' trick. I don't know that I've used it with anything solid yet though.

This is something I made up the other day when I was feeling playful

|
|
Old 2011-03-07, 10:58pm
Bernhard Riegler

wonderful work here - a little dragonfly from me

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Last edited by Onekura; 2013-12-13 at 6:47pm.
Old 2011-03-08, 8:32am
Borovangelist

cool wings!

|
|
Old 2011-03-08, 6:32pm

Love the bowling ball set up and the dragon fly is very delicate looking. The beads, well everyone loves beads. I need to get back to the torch but it looks like it will be awhile my daughter is sick again and needs my help. Kids no matter how old they are need their mom when they are sick. I am just glad I can take time off to help her. Her name is Shannon if you care to mention her in your prayers.

Old 2011-03-08, 7:26pm

Deb,
So sorry for the problems. Adding both you and your daughter in prayers. Hope she gets well soon and life returns to normal. (((((((hugs))))))))

Old 2011-03-09, 3:44am
Torchaholic ;)

Blowing my mind this month everyone!! Such great stuff

Here are a few new flower pendants I made in Lubbock Texas, and a collab I did with a homie in New Mexico. Having a blast on the road sorry for all the pics

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2011-03-09, 3:49am
Torchaholic ;)

Last edited by brayjr4484; 2011-03-09 at 3:51am.
Old 2011-03-09, 3:56am
Torchaholic ;)

Old 2011-03-09, 4:02am
Torchaholic ;)

A few action shots of me in Socorro, NM making hollow beads in the mobile shop. My friend in Socorro made the non hollow beads and added mine for set for his friend to make a bracelet with.

Old 2011-03-09, 9:02pm

Wonderful work everyone! I love the floral implosions most of all.

Here is a fumed pendant on top using technique from bush creek web site, love his work. Also here are two pendants that were supposed be wig wags from Chad Trent's book but they didn't quite make it, one was on tube (left) and one on rod (right), still think they look cool.
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-09, 9:24pm

Default another shell

Old 2011-03-09, 10:20pm
Newb boro fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchgirl View Post
Wonderful work everyone! I love the floral implosions most of all.

Here is a fumed pendant on top using technique from bush creek web site, love his work. Also here are two pendants that were supposed be wig wags from Chad Trent's book but they didn't quite make it, one was on tube (left) and one on rod (right), still think they look cool.
I like how that fume turned out! What clear did you use? And could you post the link to that bush creek website?