LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2005-12-18, 10:57pm
Evil Genius in Disguise

Default Butterfly murrine?

Does anyone know of a tutorial, or have one they'd be willing to share, for a butterfly murrine cane? I've tried a few times myself, with less-than-satisfactory results. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Neighbors suck. Burn her house down and make beads out of her windows."--Shawnette
Old 2005-12-19, 8:46pm
Super Duper

I'd say practise makes perfect... I've been trying to make murrine myself for a while and its tough... Just search "drawing book butterfly" or something similar on google and find a simple picture. Then plan how your going to build it and give it a shot.
Old 2005-12-20, 10:21am
Dildo Kween!

So many people out there are making them... why not order directly and save your gas?

But if you must make them... just do one side of the 2 winged butterfly. Then cut that murrine in half and flip it over (mirror image) and melt them together into one full butterfly.

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2006-01-05, 6:25pm
addicted to dichro

I'm convinced its impossible. At least on a hothead.
Old 2006-01-07, 8:16pm
Fire Diva

Nothing is impossible on a hothead. I made some rose murrinis on a hothead this fall.

Old 2006-01-11, 6:40pm
Anna Duhame

I made this clownfish murrine on a Hothead:

Heidi...I feel like a dork...I was trying to make both wings...duh!

I have been planning to do try again...my last attempts main problem was trying to get a grip for pulling....I just got some pyrex punties so I know it will be easier next time. I have been trying to make a luna moth...I had one that would have been OK...but it got ruined when I tried to pull it. I am hoping to get a hotter torch soon so I was kind of waiting. Thanks to Heidi I will just focus on one wing at a time!

Meri-

First I would draw it out so you have a plan...
If you are going to go for a monarch...of course that will be more complicated...if you tried say a simple yellow butterfly...start with yellow and build it into a wings shap...if you want veins in the wing...layer them in there....I would wrap the wing shape in a darker yellow or lighter to make it stand out....then I would pull it smaller and cut in half. Put the pieces in a kiln and start the body...black would be good...flatten a gather....and shape so it has a head...attach wings and encase the butterfly with enough clear to keep it from distorting during pulling. I did this last time and my luna moth would have been ok, but the mass came loose during pulling and stretch all over in a big mess (not pretty).

I hope this makes since....but this is how I would do it.

Last edited by hummingbird3172; 2006-01-11 at 6:50pm.