No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-18, 6:22pm
Professional Bead Pimp

Default Bead Decoration Assist System

Many people have asked me about this so I thought I'd post a link to a page I've prepared for it.

At first look, my system seems similar to the "Creative Station" but, is specifically aimed at improving your ability to MORE ACCURATELY DECORATE a bead.

It does this by moving your "anchor" point from your shoulder, to the side of your palms, therefore reducing the "trembling" you have when working with something small like a bead, with your arms extended.

I build them one at a time, to fit you and your specific torch. And please note that these are not intended to reduce fatigue, but that they do this too.

Take a look and see what you think and try the test as suggested on this page: http://user.gru.net/billbrach/armstead/index.htm

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, as they will help other viewers of the thread too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Another Analog Brain in the New Digital World" - me
"The fact that nobody understands you doesn't make you an artist" - PopCap Zuma game, Level 12-7

Last edited by BillBrach; 2005-07-18 at 6:59pm.
Old 2005-07-18, 9:27pm
I'm a lilac!

Very cool little unit! Thanks for posting, Bill!

Old 2005-07-19, 5:14am
sunscreen me baby

Bill, I stand. Do you have any ideas for something that would work?

~

Old 2005-07-19, 5:38am
Professional Bead Pimp

Suzy,

Whether you sit or stand doesn't make any difference IF YOUR WORKSURFACE is at the correct height.

I stand too, but also have a tall stool, and go back and forth between sitting and standing, depending on how tired my butt is.

My unit only raises the torch 3/4", so it should not be a problem.

Specifics in my case: I'm 6' tall, my bench top is 41" off the floor, and when I stand at the bench, my elbow is about 6" above the top.

I would think that your elbow needs to be no lower than 6" above the top, but could be up to 8" and my unit still work.

Bill

"Another Analog Brain in the New Digital World" - me
"The fact that nobody understands you doesn't make you an artist" - PopCap Zuma game, Level 12-7