Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-11-07, 1:04pm

Default skin colors

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for boro colors that could be used to show human skin (for black and white skin or the different shades well all have - hope this is p.c.?!).

Any advises or experience?!

I new here - I am a german scientific master glassblower, live and work in Norway. I do a lot of artistic glass too.

Thanks,
Kon
Old 2013-11-07, 3:30pm
kinda torching....

Have you checked out the boro color charts?

And Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will be able to help a lot of people, and vet help in return. More then a few people, my self included, would love to learn some of the things you know.

So pull up a seat, share some knowledge, and ill go grab a notebook lol

Good luck
Jeremy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-11-07, 5:52pm

Kon, I would love to see some of your glass, scientific as well as art glass. I don't know anything about skin colored glass, but a few people post "portrait" glass in the gallery threads. You might check there. Welcome!
Dave
Old 2013-11-07, 9:26pm

Hi Kon, and welcome to LE. I don't have a lot of recommendations but Momka Almond Nugget or TAG Caramelo come to mind for various skin tones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2013-11-08, 1:31am

jhamilton117
- yes I have checked the charts. But there is nothing I found really exciting. But I have seen some glass work from the US with pretty good looking skin!! Though maybe you guys have a secret source

framerak - thanks. I know the two colors. But the are very reactiv (maybe even contain with silver) or I don't handle them right!!!

I search smooth colors the are opak and not reactive - so for example when I attach fingers to a hand it work turn out so you would see the melting points!!

There where at some point some stuff that was called BoroStix?! This was pretty close - even had a bit of a matt finish!!! It was a bit pale... but close to what I search.

dlando1 - okay. I will try to upload some things once a while. You can chack me out on FB:
www.facebook.com/kon.kraft/photos_albums
and
www.facebook.com/KraftGlass
Old 2013-11-08, 3:19am
kinda torching....

You can still get borostiks but I think they're sold as origins borobars now. Talkglass.com might be able to help out more with the glass color talk section. They focus mainly on boro there.

Old 2013-11-08, 5:11am
Borosapien

Mix your own colors

Tags
color, sculptural, skin