LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-11-20, 12:50pm

Oh Jayne....sigh....drool....those are just incredible!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-11-20, 12:58pm

Oh wow Jayne...Those are beautiful! I've never used it and now wondering why I haven't.
Looks awesome the way you combined it with the silver glass!!!

Old 2009-11-20, 2:39pm
Life is change. Love it

Pink lady is the base for these beads
Attached Images

Old 2009-11-20, 3:49pm
Formerly known as LT

Very pretty! Thanks for posting!

Old 2009-11-20, 4:19pm
Happy Beadmaker!

OMG, Carolyn & Jayne, those must be the prettiest pinks ever!!! And Icarus pearls divineeeeeee!

Can't believe I'll have to make a separate drawer now to collect these new (to me anyway) colors, beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-11-20, 5:08pm

Smile

I tried and really like Violet Red, Gold Violet, Pink Lady, Light red, Rosalin and Beryl Green
I find Opal Orange very similar to CIM CreamSicle very nice color
Rosalin become Gold on top of Silver leaf

I am not certain about Opal Raspberry, and never try the clear

Jayne really love your beads, the colors are so intense
Judith I have to try Pearl Pink and Pearl Violet very nice set
Carolyn very amazing beads ...

Melanie, Diane and Christina love your beads

Lise

Glass beadmaking since 2006.

Last edited by maroli; 2009-11-20 at 5:15pm.
Old 2009-11-20, 5:33pm
Just Plain

Thanks ladies!
Carolyn, your beads are scrumptious - so pink and festive!

Old 2009-11-20, 6:01pm
Life is change. Love it

Thanks everyone. This really is a lovely line of (IMO) underused glass!

Old 2009-11-20, 6:31pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
Thanks everyone. This really is a lovely line of (IMO) underused glass!
I agree. I'm certainly no expert, much more of an advanced newbie. But I was surprised at the beautiful colors, how lovely this glass melted & how easily it worked because it is not often talked about. Is it new? I mean, it's new to me. But is it new in the 104 range? I know they also have 96 range. Maybe that was use more as "furnace glass".
Old 2009-11-20, 6:59pm

Hey guys....you need to try the "Lilac" in the 104 line too. Reminds me of the purple that Gaffer had out but the name escapes me...I think it was G-99....
I'll share pics later!

Old 2009-11-20, 8:04pm
Queen Bee

I agree - I've never seen a bad bead by Judith! (or Carolyn, either) You guys are my inspiration........your beads are always so stunning. That pink and purple set is to. die. for.

Whoa....just scrolled down to see Carolyn's fuschia balls - just beyond amazing too......

And Jayne, that last bead is stunning...............now I'm going to pack my things up with Luna...........

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry

Last edited by BeadBlossoms; 2009-11-20 at 8:09pm.
Old 2009-11-20, 8:45pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Thanks guys

Irene, Lynda and Donna - if you just knew ... baawaaahaaaa

Carolyn, beautiful beads - as always. Love the dichro together with the Pink Lady. Another color that I put on my "want" list.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2010-01-21, 12:34pm
Biscuit Lover

I'm putting together an order of Reich 104. Anyone else want to suggest must-have colors?
Old 2010-01-21, 1:40pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

I think someone mentioned the gold-violet, it is amazing! And Reenie at FlameKissed has supersonic shipping as well as the great customer service also mentioned here. I need to get some more colors in this line......

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-01-21, 2:17pm

Wow awesome posts! We sell some of this by the rod but I am tempted to keep it all for me!!!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-01-21, 9:46pm

I've fallen in love with the Reichenbach Crystal Clear - not the soft clear. It holds up under heat without scorching and plays nice with silver glass. It is stiffer than Lauscha or Aether which takes some getting used to but it is lovely glass.

Old 2010-01-22, 7:46am
Lampworkaholic!

I like Pink Lady, Caramel, Silver Brown (the dark batch), Iris Dense Blue, Multicolor and Multicolor Dark.

I'm not crazy about the Mystic colors but some people love them.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-01-22, 9:24am
Gimme that silver glass!

I'm using the stiffer clear as well, it can stand a lot of heat indeed (better than the soft version). It also plays so well with silver glass .

No it's no Aether, but then again, it also has a different price (well, at least in the Netherlands it's much cheaper). It's a good, decent crystal clear.

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-01-22, 6:38pm

I am glad to hear this about the clear. it is one color I haven't tried. I love love the Reichenbach colors. Very nice glass!
Those are some might purdy beads yall posted. Very nice!!

Amy