Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-02-04, 4:16pm

Default New DH Glass??

I saw on DH website that they have a new siilver glass, Clio coming out on the 15th. I was just wondering what it might be??
Anyone know??

Amy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-04, 4:22pm
Storm Queen

Wow. That's a tease now isn't it? I wonder if it's my beloved TE-320?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-04, 4:25pm
Rose colored glasses…√

I think I have TE-320...Hmmmm...

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-02-04, 4:25pm

That's what I was thinking! I thought it was kind of cruel to just announce it without any details!!
Amy

Old 2010-02-04, 4:31pm
Storm Queen

My educated guess would be it's one of those "C" glasses that they had as test glass.

Old 2010-02-04, 4:32pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Ci', that would make cents.

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-02-04, 4:33pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Ci', that would make cents.
and dollars.

Old 2010-02-04, 4:37pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
and dollars.
I can practically hear the anticipated whoosh noise from my bank account.

Old 2010-02-04, 4:48pm
da General

CL-360! Yay!

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-02-04, 4:51pm
Dichro Addict

That's great! Now I can stop grieving about not getting some of it earlier. Although I did snag a test batch of something I haven't tried yet. I still have some glass from the Gathering I haven't tried yet. I don't even know what it is! LOL!

Old 2010-02-04, 5:02pm
Storm Queen

I don't think I've even played with that yet. I'm so taken with TE-320...hint, hint.

Old 2010-02-04, 8:33pm
Corgi Cult Member

I was told CL-360 too when I was beating myself up for not buying more!

Amy, I'll keep you in mind if my TE-320 starts to gather dust.

Old 2010-02-04, 8:54pm
Tweedle Dumb

Ugg, my TE-320 isn't my favorite at all. Now TE -317, that one I would get in line for. I didn't get any of the CL-360 so I can't wait to try some.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-02-04, 9:00pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
I can practically hear the anticipated whoosh noise from my bank account.

Old 2010-02-05, 10:37am
Will work for glass...

YEEEEHAW!!!! I'm almost outta my half-pound. It's just the best, I tell you. Strikes, reduces, makes ya coffee. Try it out by making a long thin barrel, then glob a few small dots of Ekho, heat heat heat heat heat heat, cool it down, gently reheat and reduce. Then encase (preferably with Aether). You'll have yourself the prettiest bead ya ever saw!
Old 2010-02-05, 1:15pm

I have my calender marked, love this glass!!
Mary T.

Last edited by mtarara; 2010-02-05 at 4:50pm.
Old 2010-02-05, 4:46pm

Even more good news: When I placed my last order to DH, I mentioned that I was really hoping some of these new colors would be stocked regularly. The reply from Jed was that, in addition to CL-360 being released as "Clio", he was also planning on CE-352 being sold as "Calliope" and one of the KA-series as "Kalypso". He didn't have definite dates set yet. Hopefully they will all be available soon!

Birdy
Old 2010-02-07, 11:51pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I would really like the KA glass that he had out last month in the test batches. I've seen gorgeous beads made with that one.

Ebay:
Old 2010-02-08, 11:05am
Lampworkaholic!

Kalypso so rocks, I love love love the rosy colors you get with it.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-02-08, 6:51pm
Cat Lady

How much do we have to bribe Double Helix to put TE-320 or another opaque Ekho variant into production? They can call it Aphrodite because we it.
Old 2010-02-08, 7:00pm

The 15th is my birthday....now I know what I can get as a present from my HUBBY!!!!

Perfect timing!!
Old 2010-02-08, 7:02pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by khammil View Post
How much do we have to bribe Double Helix to put TE-320 or another opaque Ekho variant into production? They can call it Aphrodite because we it.
I'm not sure how to get them to put it in their regular production. But it should be named "Amy's Obsession" because I can't put the stuff down.

Old 2010-02-08, 8:35pm
maybe tomorrow

A couple of days ago I emailed DH about TE-320 (and TE-362 which Frantz had that was supposedly the same formula), to find out if it would be a regular color. Julie responded today that they were working on it, and that hopefully it would come out this spring. WooHoo! I'm actually hoping it's more like the TE-362 which I love even more than the 320!

Old 2010-02-09, 12:21am

Have you noticed that each new batch is holding its iridescence better under encasement? I could burn off Triton so easy, and was thrilled with Ekho, but I could still burn that off too, but the CL's and KA's look great out of the kiln after working them longer in the flame.

mini cc and two concentators
Old 2010-02-09, 8:09am
Lover of all things color

Hmmm taxes or glass, taxes or glass. I know which one I would choose. Darn, darn, darn. I love those three.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2010-02-09, 2:02pm
Cat Lady

Yay!!! TE-362 is amazing. I would love to have that one in production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Lutman View Post
A couple of days ago I emailed DH about TE-320 (and TE-362 which Frantz had that was supposedly the same formula), to find out if it would be a regular color. Julie responded today that they were working on it, and that hopefully it would come out this spring. WooHoo! I'm actually hoping it's more like the TE-362 which I love even more than the 320!
Old 2010-02-09, 2:47pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathe View Post
Have you noticed that each new batch is holding its iridescence better under encasement? I could burn off Triton so easy, and was thrilled with Ekho, but I could still burn that off too, but the CL's and KA's look great out of the kiln after working them longer in the flame.
I must be doing something wrong. I keep losing my reduction after encasing, I am essentially re-striking the silver glass. I've tried using less heat after encasing and wound up with thermal cracks down the mandrel line. I love the colors I am getting but can't seem to find the happy balance between keeping the bead hot enough and preserving the beautiful reduction.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-02-10, 1:38pm

Elisabeth ... how big are your beads? It's much harder to keep the iridescence on bigger beads that have to be heated more. Try a few keeping them small and see if you can keep the iridescence that way.

Old 2010-02-10, 2:18pm
Gimme that silver glass!

A regular opaque Ekho would be fantastic! And I'm so glad to read that they might be making the KA odds regular too, I honestly love it more than the CL-360. But that's just my 2 cents .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-02-10, 2:35pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadiesJewels View Post
Elisabeth ... how big are your beads? It's much harder to keep the iridescence on bigger beads that have to be heated more. Try a few keeping them small and see if you can keep the iridescence that way.
Huge. I'm not sure I remember how to work small.

I just got some clear stringer to make caterpillar style beads so we'll see how that goes.