Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-01-20, 4:44pm

Default Cool Colors Rods

Anyone have any experience with this rod? Is COE 104. Sure is pretty and looks a bit like boro to me. Delphi is selling them for 13. and some change for 10 rods. I don't see who the manufacturer is though. I am wondering if anyone has used this glass and how they liked it.

Delphi refers to them as CoolColorRods. http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...source=H012010 TIA, Pam
Old 2010-01-20, 4:57pm

Moretti/Effetre.

http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=4815

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-01-20, 5:08pm
Lampworkaholic!

I wouldn't say it looks like boro in a bead ... pretty color though, if you fancy green.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-01-20, 5:16pm
Lover of Life

It's Moretti cool color Kiwi. Love love love it! Been a while since I used it, so I don't remember melting properties, but it's the prettiest green there is, IMO.

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2010-01-20, 5:17pm

I just meant the way the colors swirled reminded me of boro.
Old 2010-01-20, 6:31pm

Love this color! It makes an awesome background for florals.

Old 2010-01-20, 6:31pm
flight risk

REALLY cool green...

(Sigh... adding one more to the wish list...)

Old 2010-01-20, 8:54pm

Yup, love it!!

Old 2010-01-20, 9:07pm

Well ya'll talked me into it, I ordered some, especially since they are on sale too! Thanks for the input. Pam
Old 2010-01-23, 2:43pm
formerly Marella

Cool Color Kiwi is my favorite too...

Here's a picture of a Kiwi set, and a set of florals with Kiwi as the base...

~
~
~
Old 2010-01-24, 12:16am
It's all about the color.

You can see Kiwi worked as a frit on this chart to show you properties such as if it reacts with ivory, or copper colors, how dark or transparent it is on black & clear, as well as other things. There's a shot of the side of the rod and a cross cut of the rod.
http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads/frit/cool1.jpg
Kiwi looks to be a stable color that does not react to silver or extended heating. These were done on a HotHead so they don't show what happens in an oxygenated flame or an overly hot flame. The bottom of the column will help explain what is what.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-01-24, 6:15am

Oh Gillian those are some bright happy beads! I did order some waiting anxiously for them to be delivered. I also bought some aqua, reminds me of larimar. Kay that is a good chart. Thanks for sharing. Pam
Old 2010-01-24, 3:35pm
It's all about the color.

Thank you Kandice. The rest of the cool colors can be found here
http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads/frit/cool2.jpg and here
http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads/frit/cool3.jpg

Have a great day all!

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Last edited by Listenup; 2010-01-24 at 3:39pm.
Old 2010-01-24, 3:41pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Kiwi is one of my favorites over all. Another think I like about it is the eyeball iris effect when you dot it on from the rod.

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2010-01-25, 12:37pm
flight risk

Kay- Thanks SO much for the charts! You are so organized!!! I keep trying to do things like this, but in the end I get distracted and just melt glass...

Old 2010-01-25, 7:04pm
formerly Marella

That chart is great....thanks for posting the link!

...thanks for your kind words about my beadies...

~
~
~