Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-09-19, 1:57pm

Default Free tutorial on making fish beads for BOC

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that I've posted a tutorial on how to make fish, hearts and butterfly beads for BOC on my website. All you have to do is click on the title of the tutorial you want and you'll be able to open a PDF that you can print for yourself and your friends.

These tutorials are absolutely free. All I ask is that if you do use them, make a few beads for BOC. They really mean a lot to the kiddos.

Here's the link. Enjoy.......
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-19, 2:55pm
Live and Let Live

Love the new fishie tute! Thanks Diane!

The links to the butterfly ones aren't working for me...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-19, 3:30pm

Thanks Lisa, I fixed the links for the butterfly tutorials. It's been a long time since I originally built this page and I've updated my computer since then. Thanks for letting me know about the broken links.

Last edited by Diane Woodall; 2010-09-19 at 3:39pm. Reason: typo
Old 2010-09-19, 3:42pm
Fiddle-dee-dee!

Love them! Thanks so much, Diane. One of these days, I'll actually make it out to my studio and make a bead again, and I'll use this to inspire me. I miss you so much and was sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting last week to see you!
Old 2010-09-19, 4:07pm
honorary bead lady

Diane Sweet of you to post, you maigh also want to put a link in the tutorials thread if you havent yet
Old 2010-09-19, 4:20pm
birdergirl ~o~

Diane That is soo kind of you!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2010-10-11, 9:44pm
Bead Geek!

After seeing the video in the BR today, and printing out your fishie tut, I was inspired to try my first fish!
I have wanted to make some beads for BOC, but have a hard time with sculpting and just wasn't sure what to make.
Your tut was so easy to follow I had a great time making my first one, and know I'll be trying more soon.
Thank you so much-you're a gem!

Prax

You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt

-my blog (Don't be scared-go visit!)
Old 2010-10-12, 12:09am
beads....mmmm

How sweet of you to do this! Thanks!
Old 2010-10-12, 5:02am

Thank you very much!
Old 2011-01-02, 8:39am

Thanks Diane, that's so nice of you! Great tutorial, I will try making some for the kids this week.

Old 2011-01-02, 10:37am

How kind of you to share. Maybe my fish will be more acceptable with instruction of yours. Thank you.!
Old 2011-01-05, 9:43am
Corgi Cult Member

Oh, I love your fish Dianne! I have a tendency to make really thin fins that wouldn't be appropriate for BOC so I've stayed away from fish. Will have to make some with your tut. Thanks!

Old 2011-01-05, 12:31pm

Thanks everyone. I always loved seeing the beautiful, delicate fish other beadmakers were making, but I knew they couldn't survive the "love" the kids at BOC would give to them. My design is a little clunkier, but hopefully they'll hold up well. Perhaps one day I'll try and work out a version with the hole going vertically.

I made one into a key chain for DH and he's been using it for a month or so now. It's a test to see if the design is sturdy enough.

Old 2011-01-06, 10:10am

These are great! LOVE the fish!! This will be a great way to use the frit I have from ThatFritGirl's frit challenge for BOC!!

Last edited by LuckyBunny; 2011-01-06 at 11:18am.
Old 2011-05-11, 9:10pm

Thanks for the free fish Tut. I've printed it out and I'm gonna give it a whirl the next time I sit at the torch.

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.