No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-11-02, 8:33pm
Catnip Pusher

Default Opaque Grey Glass

I'm looking for an opaque grey glass. The Effetre grey is too brown, and CIM Adamantium is too dark. Are there any other greys that are a medium grey and are, well, grey?

Aimee
Old 2013-11-02, 8:35pm

Pearl grey, lots of new-ish cim greys...

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-11-02, 9:04pm
Catnip Pusher

Effetre pearl grey look like tan to me. Too much yellow in it. I'll check out the newer CIM colors.

Aimee
Old 2013-11-02, 10:03pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I have a Quartz that is a great medium grey .... Use as the base for many of my organics...

Old 2013-11-05, 6:29pm
Glass-aholic

I have all 3 effetre greys. None really look brown. They are actually quite neutral greys. Granted they are at least 5 yrs old.. Maybe more.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2013-11-05, 8:47pm
Catnip Pusher

That's interesting Jaci - I have a rod that is labeled Effetre 248. Just one small rod, I got it in a random bundle. I looked it up and it's supposed to be light grey, but it looks like tan to me. Of course, it could be mismarked - or the new batch of grey could be a different color!

This is why I wish Arrow Springs was still selling Effetre. I could go there and actually see the glass in person.

Aimee
Old 2013-11-05, 9:22pm
Wonder-wench

my Effetre gray is definitely gray, not brownish. In fact, it goes toward a purple hue (cool vs warm). I have a few rods of pearl and medium? gray. Let me know if you want it and we can make a deal.

Old 2013-11-05, 9:48pm
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolychromeBeads View Post
That's interesting Jaci - I have a rod that is labeled Effetre 248. Just one small rod, I got it in a random bundle. I looked it up and it's supposed to be light grey, but it looks like tan to me. Of course, it could be mismarked - or the new batch of grey could be a different color!

This is why I wish Arrow Springs was still selling Effetre. I could go there and actually see the glass in person.

Aimee
That's exactly where I got my grey too!!!
I wish they were selling glass too. Best prices around, and great service too.

WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2013-11-05, 10:03pm
Glass-aholic

Here aren't greys that I could find pics of. The skull is probably the newest of the batches of grey. Not sure witch is witch, just all effetre's

this set and the heart are the same, and no where close to tan. I have these in my stash (they are Moms, she claimed dibbs years ago, and it needs re-stringing) I'll see if I can get a non tan-ish/true pic tomorrow. These pics were taken years ago, like at least 5yrs, and I had no clue how to make the colors right from camera to computer, I specifically remember botching this photo! Lol

The skull is the darker grey, and has black frit to top, and again no ran at all. Newer pic and possibly glass too....

This pic gives an idea of the 'purplish' hue Liz just mentioned also if any tonality at all. Same heart as above.

Old 2013-11-05, 11:11pm
Loving learning

This was also one of the Effetre greys, would have to go match it to the rods to see which one.