LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-11-04, 2:42pm
jamieincharlotte

Default I've been away from making beads so long....

I've forgotten how. My old oxy con finally died and got tangled up with Unlimited Oxygen. Finally got out of that mess and upgraded my torch.

Just got a new Lynx (which I don't have a clue what the blue knob is for except it makes a thin flame for details) and a reconditioned Sequal oxycon. Put them together and sat down and Poof, my mind went blank. Couldn't for the life of me make my favorite silvered ivory webbed beads. Finally found where I wrote down what to do and still struggled getting the look I wanted. I guess I'm just not familiar with the torch to get it adjusted right. I can call Wally and probably will but wanted to try first. Am I alone? Anyone else ever have this brain freeze. Hope I pull out of it soon. :/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-11-04, 2:53pm
Angie09

I didn't torch for about a month and a half and sitting back down was sooooo awkward and uncomfortable. The first few beads I forgot to even get the chill marks off them before I put them in the kiln. I chocked it up to my age and so much going on.....glad to hear other people don't just sit down and create after being away. Plus I have all new equipment and I like my old stuff better cuz it's comfortable. So, what I'm saying is it's nice to know it's not just me (or not just you!)
Old 2013-11-04, 2:55pm
tweetysweetie

Well welcome back to torching, don't get discouraged...its' like riding a bike, you'll remember when you need to...start out slow and small for now untill it all comes back at ya...make spacers, pull stringers, do twistys...I have a Lynx that I very rarely use but from what I remeber at least turn that blue knob a little bit when your torching working with the other knobs. You might check out the GTT website and see if they have tips/hints etc. Maybe Kimberly Horn will pop in and help you....she's pretty sharp and does have an IN with the GTT boys, . Hope to see you posting your comeback results in the gallery.....have fun.

Old 2013-11-04, 5:42pm
jamieincharlotte

Thanks for the encouragement.

jamie

Old 2013-11-05, 6:08am

Jamie you're where I was at about 4months ago. Don't give up it will come back. Also welcome back!