LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-12-02, 12:15pm

Cool "Broken Heart" tutorial!

I finally finished my "Broken Heart" tutorial. I had planned on finishing the Arrowhead tutorial first but I've decided to redo the photos for it.

So here it is, my "Broken Heart" tutorial. Examples shown below.
http://etsy-lampwork.blogspot.com/

The last heart shown below is the heart demonstrated in the tutorial.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sislonski; 2008-12-02 at 12:25pm.
Old 2008-12-02, 12:16pm
Trying to Hope!

Oooohhh I am sooo going to break on my vow of no tutorial until after christmas

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2008-12-02, 12:24pm

LOL! Wendy!

Old 2008-12-02, 12:57pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Does the tutorial include instructions on the wire bail that you make for them? I am assuming so but wanted to confirm

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-12-02, 1:18pm

Hum...no, but I could put it in, it's just really simple that I expected everyone would know how. It wouldnt take much to include it though. Should I?

Old 2008-12-02, 1:23pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I think it might be a good idea if it's not too much trouble - like what size mandrel you use with what gauge silver - and what glue you use (I am assuming you use glue). I think it might save you questions

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-12-02, 1:28pm

WOWZERS!!!! Love the hearts.

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2008-12-02, 1:57pm

Thank you Karen.

Squid, I'll put a bail tutorial together tonight. & send it out seperately to anyone that wants it for free. And I'll include it with all purchased tutorials.

for those of you that have already purchased the heart tutorials, I'll send the bail tutorial to you when it's finished.

Old 2008-12-02, 2:10pm

A wonderful tutorial!!!
Thank you so much!

Best wishes
Conny

|
|
Old 2008-12-02, 2:11pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

cool - Cause I want that tutorial - I am going to add it to my xmas list for my fiance

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-12-02, 3:52pm

Your welcome!

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Old 2008-12-02, 4:28pm

Looks great Shari! I can't wait to give it a try. Also thanks in advance for including the bail instructions, that was my only question after I finished reading it. I understand the idea, but I have never made anything in glass that required a glued bail. I really want to know what kind of glue is the best to prevent mishaps later.
Lori
Old 2008-12-02, 4:36pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Shari, I absolutely love your beads, but I've been contemplating buying your tuts, eventho I want them so bad, it's because you use silver glass and silver glass hate me! I haven't been able to rock them, not even Raku (actually once with Raku, but by accident ). I'm silver glass idiot. And it's killing me.

Is it possible to make something almost as beautiful (following your tuts) by using non silver glass?

Old 2008-12-02, 4:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2snooze View Post
Shari, I absolutely love your beads, but I've been contemplating buying your tuts, eventho I want them so bad, it's because you use silver glass and silver glass hate me! I haven't been able to rock them, not even Raku (actually once with Raku, but by accident ). I'm silver glass idiot. And it's killing me.

Is it possible to make something almost as beautiful (following your tuts) by using non silver glass?

Yes I do use a lot of silver glass. Can't put the stuff down.
Yes my first tutorial although you can use regular glass, to get the amazing result in the end, you have to use reactive glass with it. However my tutorial does give in structions on how to get the effect or reaction out of the glass.

With this new tutorial, yes I'm using reactive glass and I did think about extending the tutorial to include a demo of a heart without reactive glass. But i was too anxious to get it out.
However you don't need striking glass to get that broken heart or hatched heart look. I'll attach photos below to give an example. With these hearts I've used silver plum glass (not a striking glass) on part of the bead to give the same effect. The tutorial, even though I use striking glass in it, gives you a lot of information on creating the shape and getting that half heart look. Even without striking reactive glass.

The first bead shown below, I did not use reactive glass. The second one I did but that can be replaced with any colored glass and then silver plum.
Attached Images

Last edited by sislonski; 2008-12-02 at 4:54pm.
Old 2008-12-02, 5:02pm
HourGlass Studio

Shari - Congrats. I wish you much success with this tutorial

Bought mine Cant wait to play later this week.
Shari I would love the extra bail tut.
Old 2008-12-02, 5:07pm
Who me?

oooooh can't wait = going to check my paypal account now
Old 2008-12-02, 5:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie L View Post
Shari - Congrats. I wish you much success with this tutorial

Bought mine Cant wait to play later this week.
Shari I would love the extra bail tut.
Laurie, your mailbox is full so it won't allow me to send an email. Was it under the name adornments?
And I'd have to really dig to find your personal email.

Old 2008-12-02, 5:12pm
HourGlass Studio

Yes my mailbox is screwed up right now, I was sure I posted to put it to the hourglass-studio(at)hotmail(dot)com email in my paypal message. Let me know if you have any problems.

sorry

Last edited by Laurie L; 2008-12-02 at 5:15pm.
Old 2008-12-02, 5:14pm

Quote:
Yes my mailbox is screwed up right now, I was sure I posted to put it to the hourglass-studio(at)hotmail(dot)com addy in my paypal messges.

sorry
PM me a different address and I'll send it off to you.

Old 2008-12-02, 5:19pm
HourGlass Studio

PM sent, yes I am adornments.

Last edited by Laurie L; 2008-12-02 at 5:34pm.
Old 2008-12-02, 5:30pm
glass nerd!

Why oh why do I have to be soo broke. I really want this.

Old 2008-12-02, 5:59pm

Quote:
PM sent, yes I am adornments.
sorry Laurie, my mistake!

Old 2008-12-02, 6:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Why oh why do I have to be soo broke. I really want this.
I know it's a tough time of year Corey, the tutorial will be around for a long time, plus if you wish hard enough, you just never know!

Last edited by sislonski; 2008-12-03 at 7:24am.
Old 2008-12-03, 5:33am

Can this be done on a HH?

granny
Old 2008-12-03, 7:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny View Post
Can this be done on a HH?

granny
Well honestly I've never tried it on a hot head, but I really can't see any reason as to why you couldn't do it on a hot head. You should be able to.
As it's mainly to do with shape, and glass application.

Old 2008-12-03, 7:21am
Who me?

Got it - really awesome - thanks for the fast email.
Old 2008-12-03, 8:00am

You are most welcome Linda! I really do how that you enjoy it!

Old 2008-12-03, 4:19pm

Free Bail tutorials have been shipped to everyone who purchased a Heart tutorial. If I missed you let me know.

shari.

Old 2008-12-03, 4:35pm
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sislonski View Post
Free Bail tutorials have been shipped to everyone who purchased a Heart tutorial. If I missed you let me know.

shari.
Yippee! Bonus!
Old 2008-12-04, 7:35am

In a few days I'll have a very inexpensive tutorial up for purchase.
Blowing shards and my secret recipe that I use for my arrowhead shards. Under $10 I'm thinking about $8?

With 100% of the sales going to help my brother and his wife while they go through a tough time, with her chemo and radiation for breast cancer. Plus he was just laid off from work.

I'll let you all know when it's completed.