TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-01-02, 9:32pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

OK. I just had to buy this one. I liked the instant download too. I read through it and Mary gives clear and concise instructions. I can't wait to give it a try... I'm just too tired tonight!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
--

Old 2009-01-03, 7:12pm
Mary Lockwood

Yay, you guys! I love these little birds and it tickles me to know you guys are making them too. They are happy little things.

Kandice, thank you very much. I appreciate that!

Mary, hope you have fun with it!!

Squid and Melodie...any pictures yet? I'd love to see them.

Rose, let me know what you think of the video bit...it is just really short and only shows one thing but I thought it might help. Hope you have fun with the tutorial.

Janet, these are really fun to make. If you have trouble, go smaller. It is easier to form them when they are made BIG, but it is easier to keep them thermally safe if you make the small and thermal is what people usually struggle with the most. As your heat control gets better...you can go bigger.

Hayley, I can't wait to see your fat little bird...those are my favorite.

Thanks again you guys.
~~Mary
geeked out

Old 2009-01-03, 10:42pm
Enabler

OMG, Mary....you've turned me into a bird-making freak!! I came home from work last night, and decided it was time to dive in. The four I made turned out so great that I made 10 more today!

I've just gotta say that your tut is fabulous. Great pics, great writing, and super clear instructions. I wouldn't even be ashamed to show off my very first one, and his wings were just a touch lopsided. After him, it was smooth sailing.

Now I've gotta find a source for more fan pulls, cause every ceiling fan in my house is about to be dressed up! I think tomorrow will be Mary Fish day.

Old 2009-01-04, 11:29am
Enabler

Gosh! Here I thought I was late to the party, and I'm the first one to post pics???

I didn't get any close-ups cause the sun isn't cooperating with me today, but here's a couple of group shots.

Most of them are BE, and some of the veiled special production colors are just fantastic for wings! The one on the bottom right was made to match my dishes. I've got the Evening Sun pattern from Pfatzgraff with all the sunflowers on them, and had to match him up for my fan over the dining room table.

Thanks again, Mary.....I haven't had this much fun at my torch since I got Loco's dragon tut!

Old 2009-01-05, 7:00am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadaddicts View Post

Thanks again, Mary.....I haven't had this much fun at my torch since I got Loco's dragon tut!

Holy moly, Angie. Those are awesome! I'm sitting here just kinda 'wowed' for a moment. LOL You are the first person to post pictures and BOY did you ever post pictures. They are gorgeous and fun and sparkly and everything they ever should be...you did a great job.

And I have to give you a very special, virtual hug for your sweet comment about having fun at the torch. That is what it is all about, right? I'm glad you are having a good time, that makes ME want to go torch too.

Thanks for sharing!!!
~~Mary

Old 2009-01-05, 7:16am
Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Holy moly, Angie. Those are awesome! I'm sitting here just kinda 'wowed' for a moment. LOL You are the first person to post pictures and BOY did you ever post pictures. They are gorgeous and fun and sparkly and everything they ever should be...you did a great job.

And I have to give you a very special, virtual hug for your sweet comment about having fun at the torch. That is what it is all about, right? I'm glad you are having a good time, that makes ME want to go torch too.

Thanks for sharing!!!
~~Mary
Yep, that's EXACTLY what its supposed to be about, and just one of the reasons that your tut is so wonderful. It reminded me of that magical feeling of falling in love with glass again.

Old 2009-01-05, 7:16am

After seeing these, I'm off to purchase the tutorial!!!
I would have before but I was afraid my HH wouldn't handle it...but geez those are gorgeous,

granny
Old 2009-01-05, 8:12am
Hole Challenged

OMG! Angie those are fantastic!!!!!

Old 2009-01-05, 9:56am

Wow Angie - those are fantastic! You have inspired me to share some of mine...

These are all boro:

Thanks Mary for such a fabulous tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenny

Old 2009-01-05, 11:08am
Enabler

Oh Jenny....those are fabulous! I just told Mother this weekend that boro birds were next on my list. Now I can't WAIT to try it!

Old 2009-01-05, 11:12am
Mary Lockwood

Jenny, thanks for sharing your boro birdies! You have a whole flock of them too and I can't even pick a favorite! I hope you had fun working on them too!

I'm so glad to finally see how people are doing with these.

~~Mary

Old 2009-01-05, 11:14am
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny View Post
After seeing these, I'm off to purchase the tutorial!!!
I would have before but I was afraid my HH wouldn't handle it...but geez those are gorgeous,

granny
Hi! I'm not trying to talk you into buying this tutorial before you are ready, but I wanted to say that I've always found the hothead to be a wonderful torch for sculptural work because it has a nice bushy flame with lots of ambient heat. It is easier to keep all the extended parts of the bead hot in a flame like that...so when you are ready...go for it! In this case your torch will actually help you!

~~Mary

Old 2009-01-09, 6:23pm
da General

Mary - here is my very first, slightly overweight, bird! Just for you! lol!

Chagall

A couple more - also in silver glass:

Dali

Rembrandt

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-01-09, 6:37pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Well Hayley, I have to say that these are an improvement.
Very nice!

--
--
--

Old 2009-01-09, 6:41pm
da General

I sure hope so!

Thanks, Rose . . . that's encouraging! ROTFL!

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-01-10, 10:24am
Mary Lockwood

Great job, Hayley! Sorry I missed them yesterday, they sure are pretty!

I love the silver glass ones, your green one has lots of nice movement to it and the chubby one is adorable. The dali one...isn't it amazing what those colors will do? Can you believe that dali is the same thing I use to make my northern lights beads? Totally different look, I love it!

Thanks for sharing!
~~Mary

Old 2009-01-10, 11:54am
aka Spawn Of Flame

I finally got to the torch AND I made a bird. I think it turned out pretty nice! It's in the kiln, but I'm posting here so that make myself post a pic later.

--
--
--

Old 2009-01-12, 6:43pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

It's a start!

--
--
--

Old 2009-01-12, 7:18pm
Mary Lockwood

Start, nothing...that is great Rose! I love amber to begin with and it sure makes for a pretty bird. You used the toothy tweezers for the pinching bit...I like the added texture.

You left your wings a bit more open than I usually do, but you will be glad you did. If you wire this one up on a head pin, it is hard to get the pliers in between the wings. I'm always wishing I had left myself a bit more room.

Thanks for sharing!!! Hope you make lots more. Did you have fun?

~~Mary

Old 2009-01-12, 7:33pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Yes, it was fun! Someone walked off with my smooth tweezers, so I used what I had. I rationalized that it look like feathers. I'll make the wings and tail larger next time, and maybe a little more shaping on the base bead to make it more body like.

Thanks Mary, you're instructions are very clear.

--
--
--

Old 2009-01-12, 7:37pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Holy chit batman!

I'm off to get that tutorial!

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon