Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-03-18, 3:13pm
Mary Lockwood

Default Brand New Bleeding Heart Tutorial- $12

Click the image to view the materials list and sample first page.

You can click here to purchase in my shop!

Hello again!

This tutorial has been burning a hole in my pocket for a few months now and I finally finished it about 5 minutes ago. In going back through my bead pictures I realized I've been making these bleeding hearts since 2004.

2004????? I never would have guessed that it has been that long. Feels pretty cool, but then I have to wonder, where has all the time gone?

Anyway, this tutorial focuses on just one bead- the bleeding heart, but there are two variations in the tutorial.

If you stop at one point during the instructions you will have a bead that looks like a young, not fully opened bleeding heart. If you progress all the way through you get a more mature blossom. No, not mature THAT way. This is a family program. LOL

30 step by step images
6 pages (2 of which are for how to insert a bail into a drop focal)
$12

~~Mary
marylockwood.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Moth; 2013-02-05 at 10:29am.
Old 2009-03-18, 3:18pm
Mary Lockwood

Thank you!

Last edited by Moth; 2011-05-18 at 7:18am.
Old 2009-03-18, 4:10pm
birdergirl ~o~

That's very nice!
The blossom and the price !!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-03-18, 5:32pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Those are beautiful - bleeding hearts are one of my favorite flowers!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-03-18, 6:05pm
I think I could be a bead

Mary, I just ordered the tut and paid for it, and I received a message saying that I couldn't download it. Help!

Old 2009-03-18, 6:10pm

Mary

I love your tuts and this one looks sweet!!! Can't wait to get this one, too. Becky
Old 2009-03-18, 7:57pm
Mary Lockwood

Hi Mallory, no problemo. That just happened because your paypal address is unconfirmed. All it took was a click and you should have your tutorial now. Thank you!

Thanks you guys...hope you have fun making bleeding hearts!
~~Mary

Old 2009-03-19, 7:41am
Mary Lockwood

I can't wait to see all the bleeding hearts you guys will be making!!

~~Mary

Old 2009-03-19, 8:09am

Beautiful flowers, Mary. Bleeding heart is one of my favorites.
Old 2009-03-20, 5:43am
Mary Lockwood

Mine too, Jette!

Happy Spring everybody!

~~Mary

Old 2009-03-20, 9:09am
I speak Murrini!

Oooo, these are so pretty!!! I love 'em!!!! I'm prolly gonna try these using the CIM Cranberry glass - I'm a little short on Rubino

I see that your tut is for the flowers only, but wanted to remind everyone that the LEAF TUTORIAL is available FREE on Mary's website here, along with the bead bail and lots of other free tuts:

http://www.marylockwood.com/freetutorials.html

Thanks Mary!
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-03-20, 9:29am

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.........

I have LOVED these bleeding hearts for years!

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2009-03-20, 10:54am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks, Sue and De!

I hope people share pictures of what they've made. I'd love to see an all-white version. I had a white bleeding heart plant at our old house and I miss it.

~~Mary

Old 2009-03-20, 12:11pm

I sat and made 6 quick last night. Popped a bail on and gave one to my mother for her birthday today. I'll have to post picks sometime late next week, we're on our way out of town.

Thank-you, Mary!
Old 2011-05-19, 5:36am
hi ho hi ho its off to ..

got the tutorial yesterday and played with glass last night.... need to refine them but a great tutorial again Moth.

Thank you

People who call me weird think I should take it personally. if you really want to upset me you should call me normal !!!

on

Old 2011-05-19, 9:17am
Storm Queen

Mary, I fixed the price in your title.

Old 2011-05-19, 9:31am
Born Facing Left

Looks awesome, Mary!!

Old 2011-06-09, 5:55am
Mary Lockwood

Mark, those look loads better than my first attempts!! Good job and hope you are enjoying making them.

Thanks for fixing my title, Amy!

Hi Sherry, and thanks!