Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2008-10-24, 7:07pm
Mary Lockwood

Default What did the fish say to the floral?

There's a fungus among us!!

I just finished the Two Mushrooms & A Fish sculptural bead tutorial! Wow, that was a lot of fun.

There are sample pages and instant download links on my site...just click the link below.
You can click here to purchase in my shop!

3 Different beads covered in this one. 14+ pages, over 100 images for $10!

*A tall woodsy organic style mushroom

*A chubby little floral button mushroom

*A graceful fish with puffy lips and swishy fins

Hope you like it!
~~Mary
www.marylockwood.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Moth; 2013-02-05 at 10:35am.
Old 2008-10-25, 11:34pm
I speak Murrini!

Oooo, this looks neat! I've long admired your "Woodsy" style mushrooms, and the fishie and floral mushroom are lovely too! I checked your link - that "jellyfish" style fish is the BOMB!!!

Very nice - best of luck with it, Mary! You're so generous to share your techniques with us!

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-10-26, 6:56am
Dangerous Woman

Dude! You're killing me! I am a total tut ho and have run out of money. This tut looks great! Ooooohhh. I gotta sell some beads quick before I go through withdraw!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-10-27, 11:36pm

I love it, thanks Mary!
Old 2008-10-28, 6:30am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks, you guys!

I'm working on a new freebie for the site...it is one of the canes that didn't make it into the big Canes tutorial, but as soon as that one is done I'll be doing the 'birds' tutorial.

I originally intended to include the birds with the mushrooms and fish, but decided to make the birds a bit more comprehensive so it made this tutorial too big. The birds are big enough to stand alone, so it is coming soon.

Take care.
~~Mary

Old 2008-11-25, 9:39pm

I was gifted this tut by mary. Thank you! so much Mary.
I am loving this, I am having a blast making mushrooms. The one I made today was awesome and was gonna post pic here, but......I put it in the kiln and I guess I forgot to turn it on and it went ..Kaboom..LOL
so theres always tomorrow ..right..
Thanks so much. pic to follow soon I hope

laughter is the best medicicine but if your laughing with no reason you need medicine!

Old 2008-11-25, 10:09pm
Trying to Hope!

OMG Birds too I cant wait

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2008-12-10, 9:10am
Mary Lockwood

This is just a notice that the printed, bound book version of this tutorial is now available on my site. Just added it a couple minutes ago.

Also, if I could ask an honest opinion here...is it the unexciting subject matter or the price that is keeping people away from this one?

I always listen to requests so if there is a way to improve this, I would certainly do it.

Honestly, I thought $16 was a fair price because there are 3 beads in it, but if it is too high...let me know.

I know times are tight for everyone, but I don't think that is what did this one in because I've released the birds since and the birds are doing fine...just not this one.

Seriously...I won't be offended...pm me if you don't want to post out loud.

~~Mary

Old 2009-01-02, 7:55pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

It's not the price I wouldn't think - and I love mushrooms and fish, but not sure how others feel about them. I think the birds are just irresistibly cute!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-02, 8:01pm

i *FINALLY* got my tutorial to print out (blushing) & it's FANTASTIC!! I simply can't say enough good things about it--can't wait to try making mushies--my mom is gonna try to steal 'em all (she's a mushie freak!)....I it Mary!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-01-02, 8:12pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Oooo two in one!
Old 2009-01-02, 8:46pm
moth to the flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
This is just a notice that the printed, bound book version of this tutorial is now available on my site. Just added it a couple minutes ago.

Also, if I could ask an honest opinion here...is it the unexciting subject matter or the price that is keeping people away from this one?

I always listen to requests so if there is a way to improve this, I would certainly do it.

Honestly, I thought $16 was a fair price because there are 3 beads in it, but if it is too high...let me know.

I know times are tight for everyone, but I don't think that is what did this one in because I've released the birds since and the birds are doing fine...just not this one.

Seriously...I won't be offended...pm me if you don't want to post out loud.

~~Mary
I didn't see this...I got mine and love it.
I wanted to mushrooms mostly, the fish was an added bonus.
Guess you gotta be a mushroom kinda person? lol

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.