Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2008-11-19, 10:58pm
Addicted to Melting Glass

Default Big Fancy Bead (BFB) Tutorial

My first tutorial on how to make this bead is now in my Etsy shop:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=17387064

I hope you like it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-20, 9:44am
I think I could be a bead

Patty, I love this tutorial! It is awesome! I have really learned a lot by reading it. It's so full of information! I am impressed. Lentils have always challenged me, and now I know why. Thank you for putting together this tut.
It's great!

Old 2008-11-20, 8:57pm
Certified Thread Killer

I got the tut and I love it!
I guess I got it mostly for the color suggestions, how to use a lentil press, and working with a larger bead.

I got all geared up, had most of the colors on hand, even what I believe to be a twistie in the appropriate colors already...

Sat down, fired up, laid a base...

And ran out of freakin' propane! About an hour too late to get a refill.

Ran the tank empty last night, changed tanks, and because the tanks take forever to empty, forgot that I never had tank #2 filled.

grumble, grumble...

~Rachelle
Old 2008-11-20, 9:03pm

Rachelle - Grrrrrrrrooooooooooooaaaaaaaannnnnnn! Been there, HATE THAT!

Old 2008-11-27, 9:27am
Lover of all things color

Had to have this one. Patty, your beads are dreamy.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-11-27, 11:57pm

Thanks, Jan! I hope you have as much fun with it as I did making it. And this (your plum winged focal) is way cool:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=12838303

Old 2008-11-29, 5:12pm
Lover of all things color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Lakinsmith View Post
Thanks, Jan! I hope you have as much fun with it as I did making it. And this (your plum winged focal) is way cool:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=12838303
Thanks Patty, Here are is my first try at your tutorial. I love the organic look of these beads.

I started playing with the ruffled edges and got carried away. I'm still learning to work with Raku and had to reheat and press against a brass marver to finally get the one to bloom that did.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-01, 12:39am

Looks great, Jan!

Old 2008-12-01, 4:18pm
I think I could be a bead

Patty, thanks again for your tut! I am making large lentils that are so much better now. Thank you.

Old 2008-12-02, 6:39pm

Hey Mallory, that's way cool! We need pix!!