Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2013-03-13, 8:52am
love me love my llamas

Default Information on torches

Hi,
I have been on hothead for 5 years and have gone through 4 hotheads. So hubby said forget the HH and look into, oxygen/fuel torch. I have some questions. Can I get parts to fix the torch? How long do they last before having to clean or fix them? I know it depends on how much I use it. I am looking at these two torches; GTT Cricket and a Bethlehem Alpha Burner. Any likes and dislikes on the torches would be wonderful too. I will be using tank oxygen.
Thanks everyone!
Mags
Old 2013-03-13, 9:41am

Mags, I think if you search for those torch names, especially in the Torch section, you will find a TON of information; more that I think you will get in a separate thread right now. People have discussed the Cricket in great detail I know. Not so sure about the Alpha. I would recommend reading up on them and then asking some specific questions relating to what you want to make, and how the torch works for that, rather than an open ended "tell me about the torch." It is so hard to comment on a torch without knowing the user's objectives.