Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-12-15, 6:41pm

Default NEW! Raven / Landscape Tutorial Now Available!

Thanks so much for your patience! I can now happily announce that my raven tutorial is done and ready to go! This particular bead that I call "Under the Winter Moon" won the Grand Prize in the Annealer Magazine's "In Time for the Holidays Contest" and is featured on the cover of their Winter 2009 issue! With this honor came the opportunity to have a tutorial of this bead in the magazine. So, there is an abbreviated version in the magazine for you. The magazine is now available to purchase in pdf format from their website; www.theannealermagazine.com and will be available in print soon.

That said, if you do want the full, expanded version you can purchase it through my Etsy store (see link below). This is the largest tutorial I have done so far and is actually two tutorials in one! The first part will show you in detail how to create a Northern Forest Landscape which I use as the background for this bead, and the second part shows in simple steps how I create the raven. This tutorial is jam-packed with over 70 photos which illustrate in detail how I create of one of my favorite beads!

Enjoy!

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kerribeads; 2009-12-15 at 6:44pm.
Old 2009-12-15, 7:56pm

Congratulations, Kerri!!

Just ordered your tut, Kerri - can't wait to get it and try it out this weekend, then again and again, and again, lol!!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us!

Shirley
Old 2009-12-15, 8:04pm
Live and Let Live

I can't remember the last time I was in such a hurry to spend $25. Now if I can only make something recognizable I'll be thrilled!

And a BIG congratulations on a gorgeous cover and illustrious contest win!

Old 2009-12-15, 8:10pm
Torch Singer

I have soooo been waiting for this! I've ordered!!!!

Now stalking my inbox!!!!
Old 2009-12-15, 8:28pm

Wow! I just downloaded my tut -- really fast response, Kerri!

Getting ready to print it out but just had to say thanks for getting the tut so quickly!

Shirley
Old 2009-12-15, 8:33pm

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic response to this tutorial! I've worked really hard on it and I hope you all get a lot of great information out of it.

I hope you'll post photos of your ravens and landscapes when you've had a chance to play at the torch!!

Old 2009-12-15, 8:35pm
Torch Singer

Wow - that was fast! Thank you!!!! I can hardly wait for the weekend!!!
Old 2009-12-15, 8:47pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Gorgeous bead! Congratulations on the beautiful cover! I'll need to order a hard copy of the magazine.

That said I still went ahead and ordered your tutorial. I'm sure it will be well worth it!

Old 2009-12-15, 8:48pm
Creatrixie

That's fabulous, Kerri! Congratulations!!!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-12-15, 9:17pm

Thanks Ladies!!

Can't wait to hear what you think of the tutorial!

Old 2009-12-15, 9:24pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Thanks for the quick delivery! The tut looks great! I might try it tomorrow.

Old 2009-12-16, 3:27am

Super...I love this...

I will buy..

Old 2009-12-16, 3:52am

Congratulations, Kerri!!

Old 2009-12-16, 4:17am
what's a senior moment ?

Kerri -
You need to clean out some of your pm's ! lol ! I had a question and had to send you an email. lol !
Thanks,
Debbie

Old 2009-12-16, 6:38am

Thanks everyone!

Debbie - thanks for the heads up! I just cleaned out my inbox and will pm you back shortly.

Old 2009-12-16, 6:46am
boro color bender

I'm a big fan of your work... amazing!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-12-16, 9:25am

Awwwe shucks! Thanks Brent!

Old 2009-12-16, 9:52am

Kerri, I'm going to try this tutorial out today!! After I drop off my Golden to the groomers.... thank you so much for making it.
sooooooo excited!
Old 2009-12-16, 10:00am
X-Country Mom

I have so been looking forward to this tut thanks Mary Pat

Old 2009-12-16, 7:45pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks Kerri - just ordered mine. That is one beautiful bead!

/
/
/

Old 2009-12-16, 8:35pm

Yeah, just ordered mine! I have been so excited for this tut, I LOVE your tuts Kerri. Keep 'em coming! If you ever come to teach in Alberta, please let me know, I'd love to take a class from you.
I couldn't find where I could purchase the pdf version of the annealer, where is the link on the website for that?

Old 2009-12-17, 7:46am

Just wanted to let you all know that Issue IV of The Annealer Magazine will be made available for purchase in the next couple days. Please bookmark the page and check back. Thank you!

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2009-12-17, 7:49am

Thanks! I will watch for it.

Old 2009-12-17, 9:15am
Sucks at being nice

I'm adding it to my wish list along side the dragonfly. It's outstanding!

Old 2009-12-17, 12:35pm

drool...sigh...
I can't wait to order this....maybe next month....
your beads are gorgeous!!

granny
Old 2009-12-17, 1:38pm
Fire!! Wait...it's good.

OH! So gorgeous! I love it! Can I add this and the Honey Bee one to my wish too? Such amazing talent! Thank you for writing these tutorials!

Love,
Cher
Old 2009-12-17, 10:25pm

Thanks for sharing this Kerri ! Look forward to trying this !!
~~

Old 2009-12-18, 12:47pm
Fire!! Wait...it's good.

Just wondering about the honey bee tut??? Earnestly looking for it in your shop
Old 2009-12-18, 6:24pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm so happy to read such enthusiasm about this tutorial! That's great!

First of all, I've found out that the Annealer is now available to purchase! Yay! Just go to www.theannealermagazine.com and hit the "order magazine" button to be directed to the current issue. Marilyn's only sending out pdf's right now, but the more pdf orders she gets the sooner she can get this issue in print. So.....hurry now to get your copy!

As for the Honeybee Tut.....it's just around the corner! I had hoped to release it today but it too is coinciding with a magazine release and I've just heard that it seems like it will be early next week. I'll post as soon as I hear the news!

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm about my tutorials. You all keep inspiring me to create more!

Old 2009-12-18, 7:01pm

I ordered this tutorial. It is outstanding! Very clear and detailed instructions, lots of help in showing how to create the fabulous detail in the bead. I love it! Thank you very much!

Dawn