Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-07-31, 3:42pm
novembersfyre everywhere

OK!!! That did it! I just went and bought this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-07-31, 3:46pm
FireSculptedCouture.com

I have saved it to my jump drive and going to take it to Staples to be printed and bound.

This is a great tutorial, well written and beautifully illustrated!

Good job, Sarah!

site is not yet available

Old 2008-07-31, 7:07pm

Sarah,

I received your tutorial and got to try it last night. It's wonderful...very easy to follow. Thank you so much for sharing your great knowledge and techniques with us.

Suzanne
Old 2008-07-31, 7:57pm
Broken

Sarah not trying to hijack your thread, just wondering is anyone has a rough price quote from Staples for printing this? I want it butmy printer sucks!!

Old 2008-07-31, 9:49pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I'm not sure but I think it's about .49 cent a color page? I will go tomorrow to have my copy printed, I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Old 2008-07-31, 10:05pm
Broken

That's not bad at all, I'll check mine here and see if they can do it!

Old 2008-08-01, 5:00am

Oooh, gorgeous beads! It's so much fun seeing the results. Great job, Anna and Donna!

More please!

|
|
|
Old 2008-08-01, 5:06am
Gimme that silver glass!

I've opened a topic in the Gallery to show off all the think pink beauties, please show your pretties there as well !

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99711

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-01, 10:17am
Dangerous Woman

My UPS Store prints color copies for .39 cents a page. From a zip drive.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-01, 2:15pm

How long until you normally get the booklet once you order???
I hope page 14 works now Can't wait to see it.

Old 2008-08-01, 2:33pm

Hey Irene, Page 14 works now, and your copy is on its way to you. Enjoy.

|
|
|
Old 2008-08-01, 4:07pm
Serenity Now!

Me? Me? I hope I'm next to get my copy...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-08-01 at 4:10pm.
Old 2008-08-01, 5:28pm

Hi Val, I think you might not be receiving my e-mails or something... just PMed you.

|
|
|
Old 2008-08-01, 8:31pm
Covered in glitter

OMG! I went to Open Torch today and did mostly Opal yellow, copper green and rubino beads. They are GORGEOUS! I won't get them probably until Wednesday because they have to send them to me and I will be going nuts until I see them. Sarah, thank you so much for making me want to try using these colors together. I've had them all for years and just always felt I wouldn't make anything nice with them. Wait til you see them!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-08-01, 8:52pm

I got it!!! First off, I want to say thank you Sarah. It's a great tutorial and at a reasonable price.

I can't wait to print it out but I'll have to wait and make sure I have enough color to do so
Thanks again!

Old 2008-08-02, 2:30am
Serenity Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_hornik View Post
Hi Val, I think you might not be receiving my e-mails or something... just PMed you.
Got it ~ it looks fabulous, Sarah...thanks so mcuh!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-08-02, 4:45am
Lover of all things color

I didn't realize until I got this tutorial how few light opaques I had. Had to order some of the opal yellow and a few others while I was at it. This just gets better and better.

My question is this....is there a specific reason for using oy other than the shade of fuschia you get? Ya know, I think I just answered my own question. I'm going to try it with white today but I will bet its a whole other color.

For now, here is what I played with. I just love the reactions. Finally a reason to practice my dots.....LOL

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-08-02, 1:34pm
BrakerBeads

Just ordered my copy!! Looks pretty! I tried to send it to kinkos' to print, but the PDF file says the page size is 7.99 x 11.32 inches. The 11+ number means the page size is too big for standard size printing.

How do you change a file's page size in the "File/Properties" area???

I wanna hard copy....but neither lulu.com or kinko's likes this file/page size.

Because Beads are Necessary for Life Force!

Old 2008-08-02, 4:22pm
PyronamixK

I received mine this morning (thanks, Sarah!) and have been playing at the torch all afternoon!
Old 2008-08-03, 7:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakerBeads View Post
Just ordered my copy!! Looks pretty! I tried to send it to kinkos' to print, but the PDF file says the page size is 7.99 x 11.32 inches. The 11+ number means the page size is too big for standard size printing.

How do you change a file's page size in the "File/Properties" area???

I wanna hard copy....but neither lulu.com or kinko's likes this file/page size.
Hi, When I click on print preview, there is a window at the top that switchs automatically from 100% to shrink to fit. There are precentages all in between to choose from, but I don't have to choose, it does it for me.
Seems like they should be able to do that on their end?

Normally I don't even go to print preview. I just click on print and again there is a check box that asks if I want it to fit the page (when needed).
Also clicking on print, then the preference tab, you can change the page size. Mine is already set to letter size, 8 1/2" by 11", so it automatically fits the page.
HTH?
Angela

Last edited by ziggys; 2008-08-03 at 7:18am.
Old 2008-08-03, 8:41pm
BrakerBeads

Well, it helps if I am printing it myself, but the online places have software that checks the properties AND your paper selection. It returns an error because the size paper I choose is SMALLER than the properties set on this document. (sigh) The settings on the document are not right.

I can't print this out at home, and now I can't print it at a professional place either. I guess I'll have to take it there on a disk vs. sending it directly. That should work ok.
I was hoping to send it to lulu, but I can't drive there.

Because Beads are Necessary for Life Force!

Old 2008-08-04, 3:52pm
Glass my new Obsession

I just ordered mine

Old 2008-08-04, 6:33pm
Sheila

Sarah, I bet A4 is standard page size for you. In the US, our printers and copiers use Letter size, which is 8.5" x 11".

If you click on File > Print, then change Page Scaling to Shrink to Printable Area, then the file should print. I print A4 size stuff all the time.

Old 2008-08-04, 11:20pm
offically down under

I was trying to "economize" and printed the book up in black and white. DO NOT try to save money by printing this in B & W -it's just not worth it

Old 2008-08-05, 6:22am

What a great tut. Not only are your beads beautiful, you have a great writing style!

Kelly
Old 2008-08-05, 10:33am

I have dumb questions! LOl Before I purchase I wanted to check, can I save this file to a cd and then take it to a staples type place to be printed? I see there are differences in the page sizes? Thanks for any info.

Old 2008-08-05, 10:50am

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadworkstudio View Post
Sarah, I bet A4 is standard page size for you. In the US, our printers and copiers use Letter size, which is 8.5" x 11".
Ohhhh, okay, I didn't know that. Yes, we use A4 here. I guess it never occurred to me that not everyone does.

I don't really know about Kinko's, Staples etc. - we don't have those here either - but as far as I know, PDFs usually shrink to fit the page (by default) when you print them out. I didn't know about any size limitations on their website - I'll have to look into that.

|
|
|
Old 2008-08-05, 10:54am
Covered in glitter

I didn't do anything to change the page size and mine fit perfectly.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-08-05, 11:29am

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
I didn't do anything to change the page size and mine fit perfectly.
Did you print at home Deb?

Old 2008-08-05, 2:49pm
Covered in glitter

I did. Is that why it worked?