Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-08-19, 1:21pm

Doesn't it though...still working on perfecting my demo (LOL), keep changing it.
And trying to figure out how to get everything in one suitcase and still have room to bring stuff home...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-19, 2:30pm

Twelve days out and you're worrying about what you'll be doing?
I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing today.
Joan
Old 2010-08-19, 3:59pm
Light My Torch

Got everything booked.....flight, car rental, hotel.....The hard part packing because I know that I will leave something at home!

Old 2010-08-19, 4:48pm

Hey, Deb ~ Can't wait to meet your son Pat! Whooo Hooo....

ZaZa and Marco send big kitty hugs to your kitty. Hope that surgery goes smoothly. I just had to take Marco into emergency care a couple of weeks ago as he was bitten by a friends 100 pound dog.... who knew she liked kitties for appetizers. The good news is that he is fully recovered

We would love to help and join you thursday evening but, unfortunately, we don't get in until friday afternoon.... big pout.... but you can count on us to help in any way that we can.

Counting the days.... soon to be hours...

Old 2010-08-20, 4:45am

11 days. Some things are ready, not enough. Never enough. Wish I had more free time to get done. Don't care, I'm coming anyway.
Joan
Old 2010-08-21, 9:00am
I'm meeeeelting

Where's Joan this morning? Ten days!!!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-08-21, 9:33am

Thanks Felicia. I'm a bit late today. Got my Scorpion and I'm setting it up.
10 more days.
Whooooppppeeeeee.
Joan
Old 2010-08-21, 9:59am
I'm meeeeelting

New torch? Fun! Okay, we'll let you off the hook for today.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-08-21, 3:34pm
Type ZZZ personality

Who all are going to the Flame Off?

I think I'm going to stay in Portland the night of Aug 27.
Can you locals tell me a cheap but clean hotel to stay at?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-08-21, 4:33pm

Me! Me! Me! and Chuck and Jill We will get into Eugene on the 27th!!! Can't wait to give you a hug!

Old 2010-08-21, 9:40pm
Angel's Mom

Got my tools and clothes packed, and still have an empty suitcase to bring stuff home. Life is good.

It's almost midnight here, so I'm gonna beat Joan to it: 9 more days!
Old 2010-08-21, 9:42pm
I'm meeeeelting

Gonna buy a few things at Bullseye, are you?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-08-22, 4:39am

Ok Kris. You got me. But, it's still 9 more days. See you there.
Joan
Old 2010-08-22, 3:36pm
Angel's Mom

Yes Felicia, and at GS!
Old 2010-08-22, 8:45pm
Type ZZZ personality

No one else is going to the Flame Off?

Old 2010-08-22, 8:59pm
I'm meeeeelting

I'm leaving Seattle a week from tomorrow (with a friend who'll be a Glass Stock first-timer) and spending the night in Portland -- found a hotel downtown with a complementary wine tasting every evening. Sweet! Gonna pick up Kris on Tues. morning and hit Bullseye and maybe Glass Alchemy before heading to Eugene. Woot!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-08-23, 7:16am
Angel's Mom

Deb,

Looks like you've ordered in some wonderful weather for us--highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's. It will be a welcome relief from these 100 freakin degree dog days of summer.

You are the best!
Kris

ETA: 8 days!!!!!
Old 2010-08-23, 7:26am
Wooohooo,GS!

Joan, you are just the cutest! I am gonna give you 2 big hugs!

Patty, Bernie and I will be there...there is a little hotel named the Value Inn about a mile or so from the venue...pretty cheap.

Kris, ahhh, Bullseye! Felicia knew your motives....I love Bullseye!

Felicia, you are so together, what a perfect tour guide you are!
Wine tasting, wow, that is cool! If you find a great red (Pinot Noir is my fav) write the name down!

Les, thanks SO much for the kitty hugs, I will give them to Kate.
100 lb dog bite...ow...poor kitty! Glad he is ok now! Pat is a great kid, can't wait to see him light up watching all those people fire up!

BIG hugs! days...wooohoooo!
deb

Old 2010-08-23, 7:30am
Wooohooo,GS!

Why yes, Kris, ordered it up a couple days ago, lol! My daughter and her hubby came for the weekend, it was fantastic! We walked Ona beach yesterday with the fog burning off and the sun blaring, it was incredible!

Today looks great too and Bernie got here nlate last night so we are gearing up to fill teacher boxes after I get an order done today.

Ahhhh, it will be nice and cool here but not sure how hot in the valley (Eugene).....bring lots of cool clothes!

OH, make sure you all try and bring cotton clothes for the hot shop!

yippy skippy (as my grandaughter says daily!)
deb

Old 2010-08-23, 7:32am
Wooohooo,GS!

Glasswhimz and Jeri, I am so excited to meet you!
Hope you all have a safe trip here!

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-08-23, 10:17am

I am so ready for GS... Wish I could make the Flame Off this weekend.
Old 2010-08-23, 10:44am
just another glass addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldyglass View Post
I am so ready for GS... Wish I could make the Flame Off this weekend.
word!!!

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2010-08-23, 10:46am

Old 2010-08-23, 11:30am
Type ZZZ personality

Thanks, Deb, but I'm actually looking for a hotel in Portland for Friday night.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Old 2010-08-23, 11:45am
Light My Torch

Deb
Can not wait to meet you too! So looking forward to meeting new people and making new glass friends!!!
Next week!!!! Can not wait!!!!

Old 2010-08-23, 2:25pm

There is a holiday inn and a La quinta not far from the airport but not right next to it so not as spendy you might check these out Patti. I wish I had a extra room still I would let you stay here. I am right across the bridge from the airport

Old 2010-08-23, 7:35pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

The weather has been up and down this summer so expect anything, it could even rain. (it rained last week).

Patty I just called you, but where do you want to stay in Portland? Downtown? SE? Which side of the Willamette?

I recently stayed for a night right by the airport that was nice and not expensive at all (even had a kitchenette) but I wouldn't stay by the airport unless I had to catch an early flight.

Teague

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2010-08-23, 8:22pm
I'm meeeeelting

I researched hotels downtown and by the airport. Airport is definitely a far less expensive option.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-08-24, 6:47am
Wooohooo,GS!

Jeri and Polly, word is right! Sometime you ladies have to make it to the Flame Off!

Sorry Patty, I thought you meant Eugene. Just don't stay at the Red Lion (I think that is the name) you get to listen to trains ALL night long!

Also, Sue sent out a Slent Auction notice, this is optional and is not your 2 sponsor items. The sponsor donations are divided amoung the 24 sponsors for their showcases.

The silent auction helps me keep tools in great shape, replace some if necessary and basically keep the event going.

The "Man Auctions" go to helping repay what I covered in staff food this year ($1,300), we have 24 instructors and with Tech team we have 30 "staff". The "guys" get to keep half of the proceeds too for workin' it!

Ok, off to get torching and then working on teachers boxes today, thank goodness friends are already here to help!

Hugs and a woooohooo, deb

Old 2010-08-24, 7:32am

I'm staying a night at the Kennedy School... It is an old school converted into a hotel. Thought it would be fun. It is near the airport... not right at it.