Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-12-27, 6:44am

Default Gail Joseph, aka GGglass needs to....

...either start stocking that lauscha tubing that her LE add shows, or update the damn add!

just a minor pet peeve.....teasing us with soft glass tubing like that
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-27, 8:14am

Have you asked her about it? What did she say?
Old 2013-12-27, 9:08am
A True Woofer

That's a picture of her veiled cane, not tubing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-27, 9:44am

Lauscha tubing is expensive, a bear to import with a lot of breakage, and they suggest entirely different torches than what we use to work it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-12-27, 10:02am
A True Woofer

People who call out vendors for something they're completely wrong about is one of my pet peeves.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-12-27, 10:42am

I was going to say something about me supposedly "being whiney" but that would be stirring the pot too much. So, instead, I'll stick with this:

Thank-you, Ellen!

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Last edited by demcc2; 2013-12-27 at 11:39am.
Old 2013-12-27, 11:11am
Moving On

OMG, I'm speechless.

Old 2013-12-27, 11:14am

I know, right? At least your name should be spelled correctly!

Duane

Old 2013-12-27, 11:27am

WOW, just WOW.
Old 2013-12-27, 11:32am
Salt Box Beads

Gail has been a member of this forum since the year it started I think it was 05' and has been a great member. She deserves respect. Your post was disrespectful on several levels and you owe her an apology. JMHO
Old 2013-12-27, 11:53am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

It's always looked like veiled cane to me.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2013-12-27, 11:55am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Seriously, dude, that's not tubing... it's veiled cane!

I can't imagine working with soft glass tubing... hearing how much difficulty people have making glaskolben (sp?) I can't visualize being able to manage the heat with a 104 tube.

L-111

Old 2013-12-27, 11:56am
Burning through glass

Oh MYYY!

I'm just curious, why the assumption it was a Lauscha product in the ad?

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&
Old 2013-12-27, 12:01pm

Quote:
Oh MYYY!

I'm just curious, why the assumption it was a Lauscha product in the ad?
....misinformed, maybe? It totally looks like veiled cane to me!

Duane

Old 2013-12-27, 12:17pm
Burning through glass

Gail's cane is really gorgeous, by the way

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2013-12-27, 1:03pm
Angie09

Gail is one of the BEST venders the glass community has! If istandalone would have called her, she certainly could have set the record straight. Recently an order of mine got misplaced and once she realized she sent me a package with so many extra goodies I couldn't believe it. Apologies go a long way.
Old 2013-12-27, 1:35pm
A True Woofer

Oh and by the way, it's an AD, not an ADD.

Another pet peeve.

Old 2013-12-27, 1:57pm

*facepalm*

Gail's glass is amazing - I was playing with it last night.

Her ad lists exactly what the picture shows, I'm not sure why the confusion?

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2013-12-27, 3:05pm

Quote:
Gail's cane is really gorgeous, by the way

Yup, uh-huh, these are tubes....<snort> Ummmm...NOT

Duane

Btw, Renee, gorgeous pics of gorgeous glass!

Old 2013-12-27, 3:16pm
Wonder-wench

I can understand his confusion just looking at the picture, but the ad lists cane, not tube and to call her out publicly on the forum without even contacting her was not nice at all.

Old 2013-12-27, 3:41pm
Moving On

Ironically, my new ad was just finished today, with a photo of a hollow beads piece by Genea Beads (made with my cane), and featuring my veiled cane more prominently than anything else. I intend to focus more on that in 2014, as I prepare to sell my house and move. I will probably be selling my frit business at some point.

Edited to say that Renee Wiggins of Jetage Studios also designed my new ad and has been taking gorgeous photos for me!! i <3 Renee!

Last edited by Gail Joseph; 2013-12-27 at 5:16pm.
Old 2013-12-27, 4:59pm
just another tool fool...

Seriously! Gail's veiled cane is some of the most droolworthy glass out there. If you've never seen it in person, it would certainly be a good idea to familiarize yourself with it, so you'd understand what you're looking at. I had the pleasure of booth sharing with her in August and was floored by just how beautiful it is!

Click banner for my Etsy:

Old 2013-12-27, 5:04pm
Moving On

Here's the new ad (not up yet). Any clearer? Or not so much. Maybe if the inside clear was crappy it wouldn't look hollow???

Old 2013-12-27, 5:26pm
Against the Grain

I've never seen this veiled cane before. It sure is gorgeous! Does anybody have any photos of beads made with it?

Old 2013-12-27, 5:51pm
Mr Brutus RIP

I absolutely LOVE her glass!!! I was gifted some rods twice and I just can't believe how beautiful it is!!!

When it came I had to go right to the studio and try it. I made this bead cone, trying a bit of each color. It is just beautiful glass!!
Attached Images

Old 2013-12-27, 5:55pm
Burning through glass

I've got the bead set handy that Gail mentioned in the new ad.....totally amazing amazing juicy necklace by Beth (Genea Beads)

Also, and I hope she doesn't mind....but I just had to share the work from the most fabulous Joy Munshower....a couple of goddesses she did. Again, I have these images for ad/PR purposes so I hope it's ok to share, Gail & Joy.
Talk about droolworthy!!

Gail, which colors are these?

Custom Supplies:

&
Old 2013-12-27, 6:05pm
Against the Grain

Oh Wow! It looks good enough to eat, just like candy. I love the way light shines through it in such a dreamy way.

Thanks for showing it off.

Old 2013-12-27, 8:54pm

I bought glass from Gail this summer at the Gathering without knowing who she is and anything about her glass.....

And am I so happy I did. I love the veiled cane and have made some fun beads. The purples are just fantastic. I just didn't get enough. Once holiday bills are paid, I hope to buy more.

Have no clue what the person who started this thread expects???? Strange post.
Old 2013-12-28, 12:10am
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

I got also some hollows made with Gail's fabulous glass. Love to use it - beads look so ethereal

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2013-12-28, 12:23am
Who me?

This thread turned into good PR for Gail. I know I gotta get me some veiled cane.