No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2015-05-27, 7:54am
Detail G-Mama!

Default Calling all trailer studios!

Well after all these years of torching, I finally got my own trailer and space to do with what I want!!! I would love to see what any of y'all have done with your trailers that have been converted into lampworking studios. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2015-05-27, 8:13am
I fart diamonds

Totally unrelated, but when did you move to Washington? (and I'm totally jealous of your trailer! One day...)

Old 2015-05-27, 8:28am
Detail G-Mama!

LOL, David and I moved here in Oct 2013, David moved back to Louisiana in Jan 2014. I'm really happy to be back up here with my family!

Old 2015-05-27, 3:46pm

I don't have a trailer but I was going to ask the same about the move...good to see you on here.
Old 2015-05-27, 8:23pm
Slogan Challenged...

love to see pics of the inside, see what you have to work with.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-05-28, 5:54am
Detail G-Mama!

We are gutting the whole inside due to water damage, might be able to save the kitchen area. I'll be putting my sewing area in the front part by the kitchen and have my torch in the back area. There is a lot of mold due to the water damage unfortunately!

Old 2015-05-28, 6:36am
Detail G-Mama!

This is what we have so far, the first 2 pics are of the kitchen and what used to be in there, the area where the bed is will by my new torch area. The furnace that I'm taking out will be put somewhere else and I still need to tear out the walls, ceiling and floor. Lotta more work than I bargained for but it will be worth it when it's finsihed!
Attached Images

Old 2015-05-28, 8:30am
Slogan Challenged...

Wow, it looks like a lot of work ahead of you. There is lots of room for everything! And you can customize. This is going to be such a cool project.

(and thanks for the pics, I'm always nosy like that. I like tiny homes too and all of that stuff. I blame the Bernstein Bears)

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-05-29, 4:32pm
Phill

I was that ambitious once.

Once.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Please keep them coming.

Watching a plan come together is really cool.
Old 2015-05-29, 11:12pm

I literally JUST bought a trailer. It is tiny and old and I AM THRILLED!! I cant wait to get started ripping it apart, arting it up and making it awesome!
Would love any experience or advice. Thanks!
Old 2015-05-30, 3:35am
Detail G-Mama!

LOL Phill! I would have loved a little smaller trailer but now I have room for a small sewing area also so I'll be happy when this is done!! Not gonna put the woodstove in after all, I'll just re-hook up the furnace since it's gas. Thank goodness for my cousin (the guy in the picture) he knows how to wire for electricity and for my birthday he is replacing the floor, walls and ceiling for me as my present this year! Yay!!!

Old 2015-05-30, 4:17am

I have made a trailer studio in my back garden last year. It is much smaller than yours. I ripped out the seating/bead area and some of the cupboards. I kept the kitchen and some other cupboards for storage.

It is a lovely area, albeit not completely finished just yet. I am not yet happy with the ventilation and the storage of my glass. I'll get there this summer, I think. I did make it a very happy trailer!
Mine will not move, as it had to be hoisted into my small back garden. Here are some picture to give you an idea. And here is a short video of how I got the caravan into my garden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIRuzScTCs

Old 2015-05-30, 9:19am

Wow Floorkasp, what a project! And it turned out so lovely!
Old 2015-06-01, 5:42am
Detail G-Mama!

OMG! LOve your color scheme and how you have it set up!! Soooo cute! Thank you for sharing!

Old 2015-06-01, 5:53pm

Congrats! I love my trailer/studio.

Back in my day, we had nine planets.
Old 2015-06-02, 6:24am
Detail G-Mama!

Do you have pics by any chance?

Old 2015-06-02, 8:10am
Detail G-Mama!

One more pic of what's been done so far! Hoping to get the rest of the bathroom taken out and then the flooring taken out today!
Attached Images

Old 2015-06-03, 9:12am
Slogan Challenged...

are you going to put a bathroom back in? with a kitchen, you would just have everything you need out there. What fun, love the pics.

Floor, I really like how cheerful you made that space. What a big undertaking that was.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-06-03, 9:51am
Detail G-Mama!

Nope, not putting a bathroom in. I'm not gonna be living in this, just using it as my studio space. Keeping the kitchen just for the storage and the sink for cleaning my beads.

Old 2015-06-03, 11:23am
I fart diamonds

What size is it? (I'd keep the bathroom. Sometimes, you just gotta go and it might be raining out...)

Old 2015-06-03, 11:26am
Detail G-Mama!

I live in the PNW now, a little rain aint gonna kill me! Plus it's gonna be close enough to my apt that it wouldn't matter. The trailer is a 20ft by 6ft (I think).

Old 2015-06-03, 2:38pm

I'm with Shawnette! I like my amenities nearby. What about just keeping a water closet? Chemical toilet and a sink?
Old 2015-06-03, 3:58pm
Phill

Plumbing the amenities is a serious PITA and emptying tanks is no fun the second time either.
Old 2015-06-03, 4:16pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedslug View Post
Plumbing the amenities is a serious PITA and emptying tanks is no fun the second time either.
Composting toilet. When I do mine, I'm putting in a composting toilet! The emptying isn't quite as bad.

Old 2015-06-03, 4:50pm
Phill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
Composting toilet. When I do mine, I'm putting in a composting toilet! The emptying isn't quite as bad.
There's the answer.
Old 2015-06-04, 7:38am
Detail G-Mama!

Never heard of one of those but like I said I will be about the same distance away from my bathroom as I am now. Plus I need the space! LOL!
Started tearing up the floor yesterday, apparently the back corner of the trailer was on fire at some point! Lovely!

Old 2015-06-04, 1:43pm

My landlord killed my dream. He has changed his mind and I must remove the trailer from the yard. Trying to figure out how to remove the wheel axle so it can fit in the garage door. And then rent a pallet jack to move it in.
Old 2015-06-04, 1:55pm
Detail G-Mama!

Oh bummer!! Hope you can figure something out!

Old 2015-06-04, 7:36pm
Slogan Challenged...

Oh boo!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-06-05, 8:21am
Detail G-Mama!

Getting down to the metal and framework! I'm exhausted but it's getting there! Hope to have all the floor up, pipes, toilet and tub outta there this weekend!
Attached Images