No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-08-04, 12:09pm
da General

Default Explore the Magic of Double Helix Silver Glass

I had the honor to present at the annual International Society of Glass Beadmakers (ISGB) Gathering conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, last month. The topic, of-course, was on working with silver glass. When I presented five years ago at the ISGB Gathering conference in Louisville, Kentucky, I did it on one of my signature series at that time: Abyss and Torrent. This time, I thought a basic presentation on how to work the silver glasses – striking, reducing, and combination (both striking and reducing) – is more valuable to the attendees.

Such an invaluable resource is worthless stuck as a PowerPoint presentation on my computer hard drive however. Thus I took a little time and put the presentation in its entirety, including three video demonstrations, on my website!

Please note that there is no sound – only the PowerPoint presentation reformatted and the video demonstrations – for the original presentation was not taped.

Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2016-08-04, 12:21pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Thank you so much for sharing, Hayley!!!
<3

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2016-08-04, 2:01pm
Loving learning

Hayley, you are a gem!
Old 2016-08-04, 2:10pm

That's awesome! Thank You
Old 2016-08-04, 2:25pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Billig View Post
Thank you so much for sharing, Hayley!!!
<3
You won't need to watch it at all, Judith! Nothing you don't know already...

|
|
|
|
Old 2016-08-04, 2:26pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Hayley, you are a gem!
Thank you, Eileen!

|
|
|
|
Old 2016-08-04, 2:26pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocake View Post
That's awesome! Thank You
You are very welcome.

|
|
|
|
Old 2016-08-04, 2:40pm

Thank you Hayley. I really enjoyed your presentation and it inspired me to at least attempt to perfect the striking/reducing glasses. I'm sure Jed enjoyed the sale!
Old 2016-08-04, 4:35pm

Smile

Haley, I really enjoyed your presentation at the Gathering and am looking forward to seeing your 3 video presentations on your web site. This is very thoughtful if you. Lydia
Old 2016-08-05, 9:44am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC View Post
Thank you Hayley. I really enjoyed your presentation and it inspired me to at least attempt to perfect the striking/reducing glasses. I'm sure Jed enjoyed the sale!
You are welcome!

|
|
|
|
Old 2016-08-05, 9:45am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass butterfly View Post
Haley, I really enjoyed your presentation at the Gathering and am looking forward to seeing your 3 video presentations on your web site. This is very thoughtful if you. Lydia
Thank you, Lydia!

|
|
|
|
Old 2016-08-06, 7:26am
Lisa Berczel

I've just bough the full DH sampler, so timing is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing with us!
Old 2016-08-06, 2:45pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladypainter View Post
I've just bough the full DH sampler, so timing is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing with us!
You are very welcome. Have fun!

|
|
|
|
Old 2016-08-07, 9:07am

Thank you very much Haley for sharing your knowledge. I was at the presentation and enjoyed it tremendously. It was so well done.
Old 2016-08-08, 6:37am
grama punky - class junky

Thank you! very helpful.

Old 2016-08-08, 10:49am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallytzu View Post
Thank you very much Haley for sharing your knowledge. I was at the presentation and enjoyed it tremendously. It was so well done.
Thank you, Sally. Glad you liked the presentation!

|
|
|
|
Old 2016-08-08, 10:49am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzydee View Post
Thank you! very helpful.
Thank you, Donna!

|
|
|
|
Old 2016-08-10, 12:54am
Phill

I didn't get to go to New Orleans but just watching your 3rd video is an excellent lesson on encasing as well as a great demonstration of how to get the puckers to work.

Thanks for sharing this Hayley. I plan to share it with some of the newbies when I get the chance. (Not to mention memorizing it myself.)

And the instructions on handling silver glass are wonderful.