Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2008-04-03, 3:23pm

Default yet another concentrator question

I have a bobcat which I use for borosilicate work. I don't usually work any larger than 38mm heavy wall and the torch does a great job on glass that size.

Now I need to buy a concentrator as quickly as possible for under $600 that will allow me to continue running my torch. Is this possible ?

Many concentrators claim to run a bobcat at 100% ... yet their specs show only an 8 or 9 psi output.

The M10 appears to offer the highest psi in the under $600 market.

Has anyone had experience with a bobcat/M10 setup or have a different concentrator to suggest?

Any information would be appreciated.
Old 2008-04-03, 3:56pm
da General

I had a Bobcat and 5lpm/8.5psi oxycon and it didn't run the torch anywhere near 100%. I stopped using boro because of that. I know my M15 will run the Bobcat 100% but never tried the M10.

Hope someone else who has a M10 with a Bobcat will chime in!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2008-04-05, 2:01pm

I think the smallest size for the Bobcat is M15, which is what I have. I do NOT get as much oxy out of that as I do from tanks even. I do only boro myself, and there's no question there are times I'd like to go even hotter... but the M-15 is good for most small boro, small marbles and sculpture. I wouldn't even consider a M-10 for boro and bobcat... you won't be able to make spacers I think.

My Non-Glass Sites: