Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Cork Board > Site Announcements

Site Announcements -- Public announcements and other messages from the Lampwork Etc. administrator.

Old 2012-05-11, 8:45pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet? View Post
SSDD. There is a thread that asks people to go to their Etsy site to evaluate photos. It is in Constructive Criticism. Still there, not deleted. Nothing has changed.
Have you reported it? If not, then that is likely why it is still there. The mods don't spend all day looking for violations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2012-05-13, 8:34am

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Have you reported it? If not, then that is likely why it is still there. The mods don't spend all day looking for violations.
Yes, I did. The first day it was posted. No need to be condescending. I know the "Mods" have other things to do.
Old 2012-05-13, 8:43am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Hey Role,
You and I be in big trouble......LOL
Old 2012-05-13, 1:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriDawn View Post
Infractions show up in your profile. There is a section that is entitled infractions.
Where is it in the profile? I can't find it.
Old 2012-05-13, 1:22pm
Nikki Haverstock

I think it should be pointed out that if no one reports a thread then the mods won't know. So that might be the reason behind 'I saw a thread that broke a rule and nothing was done'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-13, 1:24pm
Nikki Haverstock

Oops. I didn't see the second page.

I guess the rules are still being ironed out since it would be difficult to know all the possibility ahead of time.

Old 2012-05-13, 4:39pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Yes, I did. The first day it was posted. No need to be condescending. I know the "Mods" have other things to do.
Then I would imagine it was reviewed and allowed to stay - they must not have agreed with you. Is that what's pissing you off? That their standards are different than yours?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2012-05-13, 5:13pm

Hi everyone! Ok, the thread in question has been reveiwed (probably a few times by now) and its staying as is. Case closed. There shouldn't be any more mention of it here. Lets all move onto the next subject....

Peace,

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-05-13, 7:57pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Then I would imagine it was reviewed and allowed to stay - they must not have agreed with you. Is that what's pissing you off? That their standards are different than yours?
I am not pissed off at all. Just trying to understand the rules.
Old 2012-05-13, 9:49pm
Administrator

Quote:
I am not pissed off at all. Just trying to understand the rules.
Kimberly, I understand you have a problem with me and how I run this site, that is fine, please take it up with me privately if you have issues though. You have made it clear through your posts on facebook and such that you do not care for LE or want to come here. If that is how you feel, then my new rules should not matter to you.

Please also note you may not have multiple accounts.

Old 2012-05-15, 9:22pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Can someone tell me when this new system is going to start and will you get a warning or will you just start accumulating points?

Old 2012-05-16, 7:32am
Administrator

It is already in place. If you are posting against the rules, then you will receive points.

Old 2012-05-16, 8:00am
Cancer SUCKS!

Quote:
It is already in place. If you are posting against the rules, then you will receive points.
Thank you for responding.

Old 2012-05-19, 6:25am
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:
SSDD. There is a thread that asks people to go to their Etsy site to evaluate photos. It is in Constructive Criticism. Still there, not deleted. Nothing has changed.
If you mean my thread, the mods can go ahead and delete it. I really was wanting constructive criticism on those two pics, I got it, I fixed them, I'm happy. I don't care if people go to my shop to look at them or not.

I did post the pics themselves in the thread as well as per your request -- I didn't do that initially because I wasn't wanting to scroll through my 4000+ photos to find them, but then I figured if I was going to edit them anyway I may as well locate them....

ETA: Sheesh.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.

Last edited by Mitosis Glass; 2012-05-19 at 6:30am.
Old 2012-05-19, 6:30am
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:
Kimberly, I understand you have a problem with me and how I run this site, that is fine, please take it up with me privately if you have issues though. You have made it clear through your posts on facebook and such that you do not care for LE or want to come here. If that is how you feel, then my new rules should not matter to you.

Please also note you may not have multiple accounts.
A points system should be brought in for people who open multiple accounts here too, then, since it seems they do so for the purpose of commenting in ways that they don't want connected with their professional name or image.

Old 2012-05-19, 11:32am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBulb View Post
A points system should be brought in for people who open multiple accounts here too, then, since it seems they do so for the purpose of commenting in ways that they don't want connected with their professional name or image.
I don't think you have to worry about points being issued in this particular instance. I don't think Kimberly/Poet? will be participating here on LE any time soon.

Old 2012-05-19, 8:04pm
Honey Badger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I don't think you have to worry about points being issued in this particular instance. I don't think Kimberly/Poet? will be participating here on LE any time soon.
What??? No more "goodbye cruel world" ... no more "no one responds to my posts within 2 minutes" ... no more "people here are mean" ... no more "I'm a good person and you are not" ... no more of that good stuff???
Old 2012-05-20, 8:36pm
Entropy increasing....

Isn't it then going to be considered promotion to even mention anything about your Etsy store?

And Kimberly who? Which Kimberly has more than one user id? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 2012-05-20, 8:48pm
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:
D'you know, I'm *still* mildly annoyed at that whole thing. Offer to help someone while clicking the "Report" button and bitching about it all in another thread. I mean really.

I know there's all sorts of dumbassery on the internet but it never ceases to amaze me.

Old 2012-05-20, 9:13pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
D'you know, I'm *still* mildly annoyed at that whole thing. Offer to help someone while clicking the "Report" button and bitching about it all in another thread. I mean really.

I know there's all sorts of dumbassery on the internet but it never ceases to amaze me.
I know. I understand your annoyance. Truly I do.

Old 2012-05-20, 9:21pm
Entropy increasing....

Quote:

I'm thinking this might be considered a personal attack.
Old 2012-05-21, 6:41am
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
I'm thinking this might be considered a personal attack.
Okay, um... how about, I get annoyed whenever I see this kind of thing, regardless of who does it. That should be general enough, and it is the truth.

There, I'll shut up now.

Old 2012-05-21, 9:28am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Okay, um... how about, I get annoyed whenever I see this kind of thing, regardless of who does it. That should be general enough, and it is the truth.

There, I'll shut up now.
I think she was referring to what "Poet?" did to you.

Old 2012-05-21, 12:30pm
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
I think she was referring to what "Poet?" did to you.
Thank you.
Old 2012-05-21, 12:44pm
Formerly FishBulb

Ah, gotcha.

Old 2012-05-21, 12:53pm
Entropy increasing....

I find the whole Poet? thing rather disturbing.
Old 2012-05-22, 3:22pm
And silence is golden

Do we have a sample of what the infraction notice looks like in a profile, and is it visible to all members??
Old 2012-05-23, 11:40am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
Do we have a sample of what the infraction notice looks like in a profile, and is it visible to all members??
I haven't been able to figure out where they are either.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:19pm
Storm Queen

I don't think you see anything until you actually get one. If you do get one, there will be an additional tab in your profile marked "infractions". You will also get a PM alerting you that you have received one.

Old 2012-05-23, 7:06pm
And silence is golden

When a person has an item in the garage sale, and it doesn't get any buyer at the time, it should be deleted after about a week. How soon can the seller list it again without getting an infraction?