Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Cork Board > Site Announcements

Site Announcements -- Public announcements and other messages from the Lampwork Etc. administrator.

Old 2012-05-23, 7:10pm
And silence is golden

Also, what if a buyer takes interest in an item, and then after the seller has the item deleted from the garage sale, the buyer backs out. Can it be listed again without an infraction?

It's kind of like 'bumping' the post in a way.
Old 2012-05-24, 2:04am

The way I understand the garage sale process is that the given item should be deleted once monies are received. Some people have waited for the recipient to receive the item before deleting, others have deleted the item after they ship it.

Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
When a person has an item in the garage sale, and it doesn't get any buyer at the time, it should be deleted after about a week. How soon can the seller list it again without getting an infraction?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-24, 10:11am
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by demcc2 View Post
The way I understand the garage sale process is that the given item should be deleted once monies are received. Some people have waited for the recipient to receive the item before deleting, others have deleted the item after they ship it.

Duane
If the items don't sell, can the seller just delete the old post and re-list it again without any infraction?
Old 2012-05-24, 10:22am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
If the items don't sell, can the seller just delete the old post and re-list it again without any infraction?
I really think some people are over thinking the rules. My opinion is that the infractions are for the more obvious offenses. Bumping threads in the Garage Sale area would be one. I really wouldn't be handing out infractions if someone did it once. I would probably just delete their bump and let them know why. Now if they continued to do it...that would be where infractions would come in.

Old 2012-05-24, 2:43pm
And silence is golden

Got it now. Thanks!
Old 2012-06-10, 1:26pm
Gonna get blow'd up!

You guys have NO idea how much I missed this place. Where else am I going to get my daily dose of...of....drams?

One question, what does it mean when something in the garage sale area gets 'bumped'?

Old 2012-06-10, 7:30pm
Formerly FishBulb

If you have started a Garage Sale thread and it starts to slide onto the next page because other threads are posting ahead of it, you are "bumping" it if you decide to post something in that thread, thereby sending it to the top of the first page again.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-06-11, 3:41am
Gonna get blow'd up!

Ahhhh

Old 2012-09-17, 1:54pm

We'll be good. We promise! lol

Old 2014-08-26, 7:12am

Thank you for the advice and this wonderful site and a big thank you to all the moderators for the time and considerable effort they invest in it. It cannot be an easy job!
Old 2015-12-26, 6:32am

Default group buy?

A group of us Australian lamp workers have just organised a group buy of fine stainless steel tube for puffy mandrels. It appears that the minimum purchase of tube is going to make more mandrels than is required by the group, so how do we go about inviting L.E. members to join the buy?
Old 2015-12-26, 8:05am
Phill

I have not read the whole three pages of this thread but I assume you can make a post in the garage sale area with this same information asking for others to join you in the bulk buy.

Or maybe the bulk buy threads would be the better place now that I about it.

Be sure to list who is doing the actual purchase and what kinds of costs are going to be involved in shipping from your end of the earth.

You might even ask for a volunteer to handle distribution at this end of the planet.

Moderators, please correct me where I may have misspoke.
Old 2015-12-26, 10:42am
Storm Queen

Yep, bulk buy area which is a sub section of the garage sale.

Old 2017-03-05, 3:42am

Why did my post get deleted?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
Old 2019-03-19, 9:52am

I am new (well, I started back in 2005-2007 and then took a break when I had kids) but in case there's anyone still here I just want to say thank you for the plethora of information that is still available!
Old 2021-09-15, 1:04am
No Longer an LE Member

Really scary stuff! I used both stories as an example for my husband and now I think he truly understands the importance of proper ventilation I don't think he's going to fuss about it anymore as we build the new studio.
Hope you get better soon Brandie!
Old 2023-09-17, 7:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
Thanks CorriDawn for making LE such a great place for us to share our glass passions.

A quick clarification, if someone shows a bead in the Gallery and says the bead is listed on Etsy or Ebay, is that prohibited as self promotion?

Thanks!

Liz
CorriDawn, your efforts in cultivating a wonderful environment for us glass enthusiasts are truly appreciated. 🙌 Regarding the Gallery, I believe sharing a bead from Etsy or Ebay isn't inherently self-promotion, as long as the intent is to inspire and discuss rather than directly promote a personal shop.