Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2010-06-08, 12:37pm

Default New Vetrofond Odd Survey

In May we released six new Vetrofond ODD colors. We airfreighted in six bundles of each of these new colors and have 1400 more pounds sitting at the Vetrofond Factory.

These colors are selling very quickly and we are trying to decide if we should airfreight in more, or wait til October for another seafreight.

So the questions will be answered by our customers. Have you tried them?
How do you like them? Can you wait til October to get more if it all sells out within the next week or two?

Here are the new colors:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Biscotti

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pale Pesto

Verde Muschio

Cream

Mauvelous

Purple Plum

What ones do you like?, your favorite and your least favorite, rank them in order and then we will decide what we need to bring in now and or later.

It's up to you now!

Your pal
Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2010-06-08, 12:59pm
Elphaba Lives !!

I love them all, but have held off purchasing any of them for two reasons. First, knowing that you will be getting more of these colors in later, I'm trying to take advantage of your deeper discount sales. Second, again since I know you will be getting more in later, I don't feel as if I have to have them right now, where there are probably other lampworkers who do.

Old 2010-06-08, 1:10pm

The Verde Muschio and Pale Pesto are both TDF!!! I have some of the Mauvelous but have not tried it yet, and have not tried the other three. I will definitely want more of both the Verde and the Pesto before the summer is out - I think they are "hoard-worthy" colors.

Old 2010-06-08, 1:47pm

My favorites in order:

Purple Plum
Verde Muschio
Mauvelous
Biscotti
Pale Pesto
Cream

If you are running out I need to order more Purple Plum, I am in love with this color and then I could wait until October if I had to.
Old 2010-06-09, 6:42am
I like to melt things

It's killing me that I don't have any of these yet, but I'm saving my money now for the Bash and for Glass Stock.

Why October? Why not in time for the Bash? I would really like to buy some of these colours when I'm visiting in August, so if that means that you need to airfreight some in, that's my vote.

-
-
Old 2010-06-12, 6:07am
crabby...who me?

I agree with Kandice,no must have colors there.
Old 2010-06-12, 7:00am
BeadsonCypress

I really like the purple plum....can wait for a sale though!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2010-06-12, 7:04am
Tweedle Dumb

Effetre, Vetro, and Cim are 35% off... These appear to be included...

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-06-12, 10:09am
I speak Murrini!

Hey Mikey!!!

Well, to be honest...my straight up answer would be they don't really knock my socks off.
I have to agree with Pyro and Kandice that most of these colors look similar to what is already available, and I too prefer the solid, stable colors versus the swirly, speckled stuff. In addition, several of these colors look beyond washed out. Mauvelous? Hum...to me, at least, not so much... More like "Marbleous"

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-06-12, 10:19am
And silence is golden

Mike,

Can we purchase a sample pack containing 1 rod each of these colors so that we can try them out first, and tell you which ones to order? I have to agree that the speckles aren't one of the better assets in the new glasses. Those are generally things we try to avoid by keeping our glass rods clean. On the other hand, they do add an interesting touch. I say go to Vetrofond and tell them to get back to work and bring Poppy back into their line.

Last edited by Shrimp; 2010-06-12 at 9:00pm.
Old 2010-06-12, 11:02am
beads....mmmm

I'll pass on the greens. The neutrals might be interesting to try. I am not a huge fan of the swirled colors, particularly the greens. ( I do like green, just not the odds I have).
Old 2010-06-12, 12:10pm
Live and Let Live

I agree with those so far who have said that none of these colors are a must have. I wish the manufacturers would produce some actual new colors and stop tossing us all these streaky, washed-out mishmashes that look like they swept a bunch of old cullet into a batch of white. Maybe if we could leave it piled up at the factory, they'd get the idea that it's not what the market is looking for.

Just an opinion, FWIW.

Old 2010-06-12, 1:27pm
And silence is golden

Poppy!
Old 2010-06-12, 2:35pm
Expert Thread Strangler

There seems to be a very remote possibility that Aleta might like to see Poppy available again...but that's just a guess on my part...

I do lubs Poppy which is why I hoard what I have. The other colors, love the Purple Plum but am in no hurry to get some.
Old 2010-06-12, 7:07pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
There seems to be a very remote possibility that Aleta might like to see Poppy available again...but that's just a guess on my part...
Right you are Watson! BUT....not enough to pay "scalp" prices! So Mike, would you be kind enough to relay our wants to Vetrofond? Pretty please!
Old 2010-06-12, 7:18pm
I like to melt things

I might be one of the only ones, but I love the muted colours. I am really lusting for the Biscotti and the Pale Pesto. I want to try Mauvelous, too. The other ones are too bright and too much like glass I've already got.

-
-
Old 2010-06-12, 7:27pm
Entropy increasing....

Pale Pesto is yummy

Old 2010-06-12, 8:36pm
Lampworkaholic!

Pale Pesto is the only one that tempted me enough to order some. And now I am so glad I did. It does remind me of ELO and that reminds me of Dirty Martini, which I just loaded up on. It's not easy being green.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-06-12, 9:02pm
And silence is golden

Kevan, you sure made good use of the Pale Pesto! The speckles do add a touch of antiquity to your goddess beads.
Old 2010-06-12, 9:11pm

I like Biscotti, but that's because I'm on a neutrals kick right now. Pale Pesto is pretty too.

Old 2010-06-12, 9:51pm
needs to light the torch.

I want to get down there and check them out in person!

Old 2010-06-13, 7:06am

If you want to talk about colors that you can't get anymore, I love Petrified Wood. I found one rod in my stash, made beads, loved it and then found out its not available any more. Ugh.

Old 2010-06-13, 7:30am

Sorry Mike - None of them blow my skirt up.
Jen
Old 2010-06-13, 11:18am
beads....mmmm

Kevan, she's beautiful!
Old 2010-06-13, 11:24am

Pale pesto is definitely it! And I really like Cream... yeah, it has some specks in it, but doesn't matter much for what I'm using it for! Verde Muschio? Not so much as of yet.

Old 2010-06-13, 11:38am

Kevan could take baby poo color and make it look amazing. Personally, I was happy to see "new" colors, and then not so interested when I saw them. I am in the crowd that likes new hues instead of mixes.

Ginko Beads
Old 2010-06-13, 3:30pm

I just made sample beads of all the colors and I have to say the only 2 I think I will be re-ordering are Pale Pesto and Purple Plum. I'm glad I only ordered 1/4 # of each to start, sample packs (1 or 2 of each rod) would be a lovely idea in the future.

Old 2010-06-13, 3:34pm

Oh, I forgot to mention-
Kevan, I love your goddess! She's beautiful!

Old 2010-06-15, 6:23pm
sunscreen me baby

791819 Biscotti Love this one. I need to play with it, but I got a shimmery gold reduction on a flower disc by accident the day before I left for B&B. I didn't know until I was pulling out the beads I had cleaned in the dark before leaving.
791820 Pale Pesto - Love this one too.
791821 Verde Muschio - Not so much but I like having it in my stash
791822 Cream - eh, not sure what to do with it
791823 Mauvelous - ick
791824 Purple Plum - reduces easily and reminds me of the light silver plum I already have

~

Old 2010-06-15, 9:35pm

The Verde reacts nicely with raku, silver, and striking silver glasses. If I can ever get on speaking terms with my camera again, I'll try and post some pix. I definitely want to stock up on more of this as a base color.