Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-08-02, 4:20pm
yukue fumei

Default August Show and Tell!

Can I start this month's show?
A couple of marbles from me.....

this one is sandblasted by the Hubby--he just got a sandblaster and is blasting everything in sight

yikes the pics are huge--sorry about that...will try to make them smaller next time!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-02, 4:56pm
Hummel factory reject

Nagi! So beautiful!!!!! A sandblaster huh? How convenient. You and hubby have great "toys". What is that dazzling swirly pink in the first picture?

Old 2008-08-02, 5:16pm
yukue fumei

thanks kiko-
LOL! DH got himself an early birthday present
He is using it for his metal sculptures and I think I am going to use it for the project I am working on. Some dangerous flowers(or mean flowers/plants?)

nagi

Old 2008-08-02, 8:30pm
Serenity Now!

Fab, NN ~ what a great pair you and your hubby make! I'm with Kiko: what's the gorgeous swirly pink you've got going on?!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-08-03, 6:05am
Pyromaniac

A couple of beads and a heart:

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-08-03, 7:46am
yukue fumei

Lana--Gorgeous beads and heart!! Your photography is so classy too!

Thanks Val! --the color is a bit more purple pink in real life....it's the haze off either DAP or Silver Flambe. I was saying to Lori that I have to go back and look at my boro pile to make sure...I am experimenting with mixing my own purple from scratch too so it's kinda confusing. It was only partially struck so the orange would show through. Also, it is photo'ed in direct sun which lightened it.
The flower is Orange Gerber and the stripe running along it is Orchard Plum. The pretty Turquoise color is Agua Azul
The middle marble is Blue Flambe over Elvis. The photo is taken in the shade so it is a bit bluer than in real life...
The sandblasted one is a mix of Aurora Trails, Blue and Green Flambe and Exotic Grapefruit

nagi

Old 2008-08-03, 8:16am
Hummel factory reject

PICTURES! Bizarre boro botanicals, sinewy metalwork with neon illumination. May we see what you and "Mr. Nagi" are up to in the lab?

Old 2008-08-03, 10:02am
Pyromaniac

Very Cool marbles Nagi!! I love them all but the sandblasted one is very otherworldly.

Thanks for your comments too.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-08-03, 7:50pm
yukue fumei

Aww thanks Lana! I made a pitcher plant prototype that he sand blasted too. It's fun but still a ways to go, so I won't show it till later....gotta see if it will work first

kiko---I will show off a bit of DH's work(can't show his sculptures yet because he hasn't rolled them out)--here is his first experiment with cutting designs in metal. It's a shuriken(tips aren't sharpened) and Iam going to run enamel tests on it--maybe blue or white to look more like a snowflake?

The next one is a cabinet...such a nice surprise!! He was worried about what would happen to my glass stash in an earthquake and came up with this....now how can that not melt your heart! Swoon!

nagi

Old 2008-08-03, 7:57pm
yukue fumei

oh and kiko-you were asking about pink--here are some of the new Momka colors (pics taken in the shade)--these are the same ones that Kay had shown last month...the one on the left is Aurora Trails, then Pink4, Silver exp, and Magic Mirror I was only able to get Pinks 2 and 4, but they were both beautiful. They are best unencased if you are doing larger work that needs more heat.
these are pics from my new camera--13 mp with scene recognition...it feels so different from my old camera--what do you think?

nagi

Old 2008-08-04, 4:04am
boro color bender

That cabinet is SOOOO cool!

Here's a prototype of something I'm working on... a hollow heart.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-08-04, 4:43am

Nagi, where did you get that pink?! Is it out yet? I love it.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-08-04, 5:48am

Smiley - I LOVE that hollow heart. Also intrigued with all that you and your DH do Nagi! Lovely pinks. Here is my contribution:

Momka's caribbean base bead with intense blue/green and persimmon dots.

Sals
Old 2008-08-04, 5:55am

Ooops - senior moment -- Lana your beads are beautiful!!!

Sals
Old 2008-08-04, 6:01am
boro color bender

Thanks Sals. I wish my back was better and I wasn't out of propane. I'd go make more. This pic kinda sucks, but it's a true Elvis red with a deep red Elvis drip. Looks just like blood IRL. The main body is Trautman's Silky White with Elvis over it.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-08-04, 7:29am
yukue fumei

Mr Smiley--thanks! DH will be so happy to hear that. He was a bit apprehensive about me posting these pics because they are "not there yet" but I feel they are soooooo 'there'!
Cool hollow heart-- Elvis Red is the perfect color choice!!

teachertracey--I think you may need to direct order from Momka for this color:
http://www.momkasglass.com/
it's not on the website, but call and she might have it....

Sals--your bead is beautiful!! love that color combo!!

nagi

Old 2008-08-04, 7:36am
boro color bender

Nagi, I can't WAIT to see what he does when he thinks he's "there"!

but I have a feeling he won't ever feel like he's "there"... artists rarely do.

Old 2008-08-04, 8:19am
yukue fumei

LOL!
I think you're right--it's that drive that keeps him going. Meanwhile, I am happily collecting his experiments

nagi

Old 2008-08-04, 11:18am
Hummel factory reject

Lana, Sals and Smiley. Nice work. Smiley, I like the hollow heart prototype. Perfect for multi-strand necklaces, kumihimo and ribbons. The girls will love you for it! Lana, I agree with Denise, your photography looks very good and your beads a lovely too!

Nagi, how amazing is your hubby. Could I send mine for a weeklong workshop??? The cabinet is friggin' amazing. Love the flaming heart icon. Perfectly executed. It will take a bit more than a 5.4 quake to take that cabinet down. What a disaster it would be for your huge stash of gorgeous glass....

Is he cutting with a torch or a plasma cutter. Wow!!! I can see that he sets the bar high!!!

Thanks also for sharing your pink samples. You even pinked up magic mirror! Is pink 4 in production or just a experimental color? Your pictures are looking good. What camera did you get? ...

When the time comes we'll be waiting to see the results of his show.... Thanks for giving us a little taste

Old 2008-08-04, 12:26pm
yukue fumei

Sure thing!!
Thanks for the kind words! DH will appreciate it so much. Yes--we are trying to figure out how best to store glass so the impact will be minimal. DH says he has nightmares of me impaled by broken rods and stringers...ouchie! This earthquake was just a bump but if we get one like the Northridge quake I don't think there's much we can do unless we wrap everything up each time.

He is cutting with a plasma cutter.

Thanks on the pink! MM has such a pretty purple haze when struck. It is one of my favorite colors. I am going to call Momka today so I will ask her about #4. I hope she does unveil it for her Open House
Sony was having an employee sale and I couldn't resist! It's the Cybershot W-300....it can shoot a fuzzy 6400 ISO and does HD video. I was going to buy the Canon but crumpled under the sales price!
When we are finished with the neon projects I will post a pic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
Nagi, how amazing is your hubby. Could I send mine for a weeklong workshop??? The cabinet is friggin' amazing. Love the flaming heart icon. Perfectly executed. It will take a bit more than a 5.4 quake to take that cabinet down. What a disaster it would be for your huge stash of gorgeous glass....

Is he cutting with a torch or a plasma cutter. Wow!!! I can see that he sets the bar high!!!

Thanks also for sharing your pink samples. You even pinked up magic mirror! Is pink 4 in production or just a experimental color? Your pictures are looking good. What camera did you get? ...

When the time comes we'll be waiting to see the results of his show.... Thanks for giving us a little taste

nagi

Old 2008-08-04, 12:52pm
boro color bender

I want a plasma cutter so bad I can taste it... Ararararrrrr <---- read in a Tim the toolman voice.

Old 2008-08-04, 3:54pm
Common Lurker

Nagi! WHOA! Excellent show, all of them!
Ginkgoglass, Great colors!
Sals, Elegant pink!
Brent, Gorgeous red! And hollow, too!!! =}
A few new boro acorns from the me...

Old 2008-08-04, 5:27pm
boro color bender

Di, those are sooo friggin cool!

Old 2008-08-05, 3:15am
Common Lurker

Thanks Brent!!!

Old 2008-08-05, 6:43am
yukue fumei

Diane-thanks so much!
Your acorns are gorgeous! The colors--wow! My favorite is the one on the left The acorn finding is so unique too--they go together so well!!!

nagi

Old 2008-08-05, 7:32am

I know, I make wierd looking stuff. . .

Vanessa
Old 2008-08-05, 7:42am
yukue fumei

that's not weird--that is COOOOOL!
I love the colors on the right one especially

nagi

Old 2008-08-05, 9:45am
Common Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
Diane-thanks so much!
Your acorns are gorgeous! The colors--wow! My favorite is the one on the left The acorn finding is so unique too--they go together so well!!!
Thanks!!! The acorn cap is real, electroformed & colorized with different patinas.

Old 2008-08-05, 10:23am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiPat View Post
Thanks!!! The acorn cap is real, electroformed & colorized with different patinas.
That is sooo cool! I never would have guessed... very creative!

Old 2008-08-05, 10:24am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsrlove View Post
I know, I make wierd looking stuff. . .

Vanessa
I don't see anything weird about these... rock on!