Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-10-06, 1:35pm
Custom Imprint tools

Default Leonardo Petal Puller/Presser Contest

Hi All,

I would like to invite all of you who have the Leonardo Petal Pullers or the NEW petal presser to a contest I am having. I thought about the different rules and regulations for the contest but....I like things simple when it comes to submitting work so needless to say, this is an easy contest.

1) You must use either the large or small petal puller or the new petal presser. The ruffler can be used along with the pullers but not separately since it is not my invention.
2) To make it fair for both, the lampworker or designer there are 2 categories. One for bead/s and One for a jewelry design. Designer...does not have to be your bead but give credit to the lampworker. The bead/s category winner will receive my next tool. Jewelry design winner wins one of my lampwork flowers.
3) Send images to beads@ptd.net. Please keep the files to no more that 350K. No meg files. My computer won't take too many large files.
4) The end of the contest is Nov 7, 2007 That gives everyone a month to play with the tools more or if you would like to order the tools for the contest, please go to my website www.leonardolampwork.com Any questions please email....

Let's have some fun! Thanks for participating and good luck!

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-10-06, 1:55pm
More ideas than talent

One question, are you allowed to enter more than one picture?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-10-06, 3:07pm
Custom Imprint tools

Default Enter up to 5 photos

Hi Wendy,

Let's make it 5 photos..This is also a free contest and I will put the winners photos on my website

Karen

Old 2007-10-08, 5:17am
what's a senior moment ?

Default Here's my entries so far....What ya got ???

All done with the smaller petal puller. The bottom pic is hard to see but it's all faux boro ! The girls I showed in the Gallery about a week or so ago.
Debbie

Old 2007-10-22, 4:53pm

Dla - I love your petal girls! Reminds me of a crepe paper poppy costume my Mom made me for Halloween one year!

Here are my entries:
Old 2007-11-06, 3:06pm
MomOnAMission

Awww, bummer! I just found this thread & I'm waiting for a new digital controller for my kiln

Debbie ~ your flower girls are darling!
Vicki ~ your first entry is my favorite

Last edited by Roseanne; 2007-11-06 at 3:08pm. Reason: to add comments on pics
Old 2007-11-06, 3:17pm
One of the Booger 7

Oh foo -- didn't realize the deadline was coming up so shortly -- have some made -- several sold over the weekend -- have given some away, but DO YA THINK I PHOTOGRAPHED THEM???? well, no, why would i do that! much less have time between now and tomorrow . . . .ARGH! and someone did buy a couple to make into jewelry . . . have no idea when she'll get to that, much less let me see it or photograph it . . . DARN DARN DARN.

maybe next time!

leslie

Old 2007-11-08, 3:16am
what's a senior moment ?

Oh Karen~~~~~~~~~
Who's the winners ?????

and thanks for the compliments you guys !
Debbie

Old 2007-11-08, 5:02am

Rats! Just found this thread today. I've been using my petal puller and love it!
Old 2007-11-08, 6:15am
Custom Imprint tools

Hello ladies! I know you all want to hear the winner, but I am giving more of you the opportunity to enter. I have some entries but I think this time of year is a bit crazy. I have had appointments for the family ever single day this week if not 2....didn't get much done and I pulled a neck muscle so my head is feels like it is on an immovable pole......so.......I am extending the deadline for more entries to Friday the 23rd. Teh day after Thanksgiving....so please get you photos in...you all have lovely flowers but I can't offically enter you unless you submit photos.

To those of you who did get everything in time...applause to you for being punctual...something I struggle with at times.

Please more photos for those that have not entered yet....you can also post your pics here to show everyone your pretties

thanks again,

Hugs,

Karen...here is one I have on ebay for a little eyecandy treat...no calories...

Old 2007-11-08, 6:16am
Custom Imprint tools

Default Pic of eyecandy treat

Opps....hit the wrong button...here it is,

Karen
Attached Images

Old 2007-11-08, 6:28am
MomOnAMission

Thank you, Karen!!! (darn, now Ginny gonna see the thread & BLOW our doors off)hehe

We really appreciate the "extra" time for entering!

I'm sorry to hear about your neck! Go to the Chiropractor

Hope you feel better soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Leonardo View Post
Hello ladies! I know you all want to hear the winner, but I am giving more of you the opportunity to enter. I have some entries but I think this time of year is a bit crazy. I have had appointments for the family ever single day this week if not 2....didn't get much done and I pulled a neck muscle so my head is feels like it is on an immovable pole......so.......I am extending the deadline for more entries to Friday the 23rd. Teh day after Thanksgiving....so please get you photos in...you all have lovely flowers but I can't offically enter you unless you submit photos.

To those of you who did get everything in time...applause to you for being punctual...something I struggle with at times.

Please more photos for those that have not entered yet....you can also post your pics here to show everyone your pretties

thanks again,

Hugs,

Karen...here is one I have on ebay for a little eyecandy treat...no calories...

Last edited by Roseanne; 2007-11-16 at 9:50pm. Reason: typo
Old 2007-11-08, 6:44am
Custom Imprint tools

Thanks Roseann...did go to the chiropractor...couldn't live without his hands!! It is still a pole today...I am going to try walking on the treadmill to see if it loosens the muscles...can't do beads, but can hopefully work on some jewelry after the 3 appoinments today...thank goodness for my mother in law....she really helps and is actually cleaning my house right now

Remember the contest is also about what you can do with the pullers/presser....doesn't have to be a flower....need some jewelry photos if you want one of my flowers...only have a couple jewelry entries...

Ginny...did you see the extension....

Karen

Old 2007-11-08, 8:01am
MomOnAMission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Leonardo View Post
Ginny...did you see the extension....

Karen
She's out of the country with her hubby, but will be back this weekend
Old 2007-11-12, 8:08pm

These are made with the small petal puller.

Teal dichro

Calente and gold leaf

Old 2007-11-17, 10:00pm
More ideas than talent

Here's one more entry
Attached Images

Old 2007-11-25, 4:25pm
Custom Imprint tools

Default Winners of Leonardo Petal Tool Contest

Hello ladies,

I want to thank everyone who entered the contest. Contests are very hard for me because I don't like to judge someone else's work. We are all at different places and growing everyday, so please don't feel offended if you didn't win.

You all have done a wonderful job with your flowers and jewelry. I hope you continue to pursue and perfect your flowers, leaves and everything you make with the tools. My daughter and I have chose 1 winner in the bead category and 1 bead for the flower category. They were chosen mostly by uniqueness and the forms of the petals.

The winner of the bead contest is Debbie's (dla) red and gold flower. She wins an inverted large petal tool (Large Presser) which is my next tool that is not even out yet.

The winner of the jewelry is Wendy (wendbill) for the sunflower necklace. She wins one of my flower beads.

Thank you again everyone. I really appreciate you taking the time to send me your photos and supporting the tools. My new book "Creating Lampwork Beads for Jewelry" is out and I have autographed copies available from my site...thanks so much everyone. I am VERY proud of you ALL!

Karen
www.leonardolampwork.com
Attached Images

Old 2007-11-25, 7:15pm
Custom Imprint tools

Debbie and Wendy Please PM me your addresses....thanks!

Karen

Old 2007-11-26, 1:20am
More ideas than talent

Thanks Karen. I think I might use it as an excuse to order your book and the presser tool as well It's beem fabulous to see what everyone has been doing with the petal tools. And it's been one of those tools where it has made me go "aha!" in terms of sculptural glass.

Old 2007-11-26, 3:52am
what's a senior moment ?

Hi Karen -
Very cool ! Thanks very much and tell your daughter a big thanks too ! Looking forward to using the new tool !
Debbie

Old 2007-11-27, 12:57am
Everybody Needs Beads!

Oh I SOOOoOoo need one of these!

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2008-03-11, 8:34am

just got mine today. how do u use them?

WEBSITE--

BLOG--

Angie x
Old 2008-03-11, 9:09am
Custom Imprint tools

Hi Angie,

Thanks for the purchase! Did I send you a sheet that tells you how to use it? Also there is a section in the tips and tutorial section of LE here...if you are having trouble with it I have a DVD that also shows you how to use them....thanks everyone The first set of MY imprinters will be ready in a few more weeks Hoping you all enjoy the tools...

Karen