LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-08-24, 10:23pm

Default Encased Floral Panels

Finally done with this one and you can preview the tutorial here.
In this tutorial, you'll learn to make one of my "Enchanted Hydrangea" beads using my Encased Floral Panel technique.

"Enchanted Hydrangea"

Thanks you guys!! Hope you enjoy it!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-24, 10:31pm
HourGlass Studio

I love your style so much Lydia !!! Off to check your tutorial out.
Old 2008-08-24, 10:31pm

Bought mine YAY! I can't wait to get it.
Old 2008-08-24, 10:51pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Bought mine as well!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-24, 10:56pm

I got one too! I soooo loved the first two!

Thanks!

~Triscia
Old 2008-08-24, 11:51pm

Thank you Lydia, this tutorial is looking great. I can't wait to sit a the torch and try to use your technique.

|
Old 2008-08-25, 5:25am

Thanks you guys!! Hope you enjoy it!

Old 2008-08-25, 6:51am
Dangerous Woman

Oh boy! What a wonderful thing to find 1st thing in the morning! Ordered mine!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-25, 7:42am

I bought one also. Love your beads. They are beautiful.

Rose Leslie
Old 2008-08-25, 7:54am
Gimme that silver glass!

I so very much hoped you would do this Lydia... And I totally LOVE your tutorial, it's awesome!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-25, 8:02am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I'm not a floral kind of grrl, but hot diggity that is purty!

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2008-08-25, 8:17am
Dangerous Woman

Tink I always said "I don't care to make florals. There are so many glass artists that make florals I don't need to be another one." Guess how many floral tutorials I bought! Oh well, now there is another glass artist making florals!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-25, 9:40am

Gosh...I love your work. Just oredred the tutorial...Thanks for sharing!
Mimi
www.Lilacwindlampworkbeads.com
Old 2008-08-25, 9:47am

I have wanted this one!! Thank you Lydia!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2008-08-25, 9:49am
Broken

YIPPEEEEE!!! I cannot wait to get this. I am away for glass stock but will buy it as soon as I get home!!!

Old 2008-08-25, 10:17am

Whoo hoo! Got mine ordered too. Lydia, thanks so much for doing this. My beads will never be to the quality of yours since I'm just not that patient! Yours are abolutely spectacular and it's so good of you to share the techniques with us.

Old 2008-08-25, 10:24am
Serenity Now!

Ditto what she said!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-08-25, 10:46am

Thank you all SO much for the wonderful compliments and feedback!! It thrills me to so much excitement expressed for this tut. I'm totally honored, and I can't wait to see what some of you do with it!!

Old 2008-08-25, 11:15am
Who me?

Woohoo - got it at work and can't wait for time at the torch. You rock.
Old 2008-08-25, 11:15am

Even tho I haven't perfected the first one, I just oredered this baby. thanks Chicky.
Old 2008-08-25, 1:23pm
Just me

Lydia,
Thank you so much for sharing your bead techniques, your work amazes me but I've told you that before.
A lot of times I can look at a bead and have an idea of how it's constructed and guess at which colors were used but that hasn't been the case with your beads. For months now, I've been completely baffled by your beads. I've studied your gallery images very closely trying to work out in my head how they were put together. I know how to make encased florals so I had some basic ideas but your color use had totally stumped me. I didn't know where to begin. Having just bought the tutorial and finding out what you used surprised me. They were colors I had never even considered and you've given me a new way of looking at how to lay down flowers and use layers of color. So cool! I hope I can one day make beads as lovely as you do but in my own way.
Thanks again, I learned a lot.

Old 2008-08-25, 2:03pm
glass nerd!

Oh yay. Off to go get it.

Old 2008-08-25, 5:31pm

Linda, Pat, Bubby, and Corey, Thank you!

Bubby, it's my pleasure and thank you so much for the compliments! I'm both flattered and touched beyond words. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the tutorial so much. I hope that you continue to find it inspiring.

I can't wait to see what you all do with the design!!

Old 2008-08-25, 6:20pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks so much Lydia - I have just ordered mine!

/
/
/

Old 2008-08-25, 9:38pm
Whooooo, me?

My first attempt is in the kiln! I had to substitute two base colors, so will see how it works out. Definitely isn't going to have the nice clean crisp look that Lydia's do, but I think at least a person will be able to tell what it was supposed to look like.

Will post a pic tomorrow.

Thanks again, Lydia!!

Beth
Old 2008-08-26, 5:16am

Thank you Jane!

Beth, I can't wait to see it! As for the change in base glass, don't sweat it. I have made so many beads using this technique and nearly all of them use a different combination of transparents and opaques. Finding those combinations has been one of the most fun parts about making this style of bead.

Old 2008-08-26, 5:45am

My first try is also in the kiln. I have so much respect for you Lydia, it is so hard and long work to make such a bead, let alone develop this style with a lot of trail an error and a lot of wasted glass. I hope the result from the kiln tomorrow will resemble a bit your bead.

|
Old 2008-08-26, 7:18am

Thank you Miriam! Based on your work from the first tutorial, I have no doubt that your bead will turn out beautifully. I can't wait to see it!

Old 2008-08-26, 8:08am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

These are my first trial beads. Not half as pretty as yours but so much fun to make! Thank you for sharing your wonderfull skills

Have a great day,

Suzanne

Old 2008-08-26, 8:42am

WoW! Suzanne those are pretty awesome!

Lydia, I have been an admirer of your art beads for a long time (years!!). In fact, it was your unbeliveably awesome galleries on BeadArtists that inspired me to want to start lampworking. I've only been at the torch for 2 months, but I do hope to develop the skills to try your tutorials. Your style of art beads is very unique and I haven't come across any other art beads that captivate me as yours do. No matter how many times I look at them, I am always awestruck.
I can't wait to see what everyone else does.
Tee

From chaos of the mind...comes creativity.
Theresa (Tee) McConatha ~