Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-10-30, 9:38pm

I just bought the tutorial. I am having a blast reading it.

But....

"Heat a gather about half the size of your butt."

I measured, I don't have enough glass and it will never fit in the kiln.

jgraff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-31, 8:01am
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleth View Post
Unfortunately my dragon decided that this world was to much for him....he leapt off the shelf he was sitting on and shattered on the granite counter top below; it was a gruesome sight indeed!
OMG, I thought I was the only one with suicidal dragons! My first two jumped out of my hands, on to my workbench then ended up on the floor. I think they weren't very happy with my feeble efforts and had to escape the pain. Strangly enough the heads survived unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraff View Post

But....

jgraff
I would have to take out a second on my house to be able to afford that much glass!

Dusty, I love the pink and red! It makes me think of Valentine's day. The little horns behind the ears are too cute!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-01, 11:16am
The Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraff View Post

But....

jgraff
Now is the time to get a larger torch, a larger kiln AND a LOT more glass! Bwhahahaha

Maggie, I am so so sorry to hear of the suicide, its always tragic when a dragon chooses this fate. I have a grave yard for all of mine, unfortunately I have killed more than leapt to their deaths. I suppose I need a new reamer to clean with. Your scissors are on there way.

Dusty, Nice butt! I love the guy, but it sure looks like a girl to me! You did a great job!!!!
Old 2008-11-03, 7:27am
A Hot Piece of Glass

Loco,
I just bought the tutorial! My daughter is CRAZY about dragons, so I am hoping to practice enough and make her one for Christmas!
Thanks!
Christine

Christine
STILL working on a HotHead since 2004...

Old 2008-11-03, 11:15am
Gimme that silver glass!

Whooooho, just ordered mine!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-11-03, 1:26pm

Here's my first two dragon heads.

This one wanted a bit more color and a dragon always gets what it wants.

I can't wait to start on the bodies. I think fangs are in order too. These guys look like they forgot to put their dentures in this morning.

jgraff

Old 2008-11-03, 1:48pm
The Crazy One

jgraff, Nice heads!!!! Yeee haaa on the colors.
Old 2008-11-03, 3:37pm

I can't wait to start on the bodies. I think fangs are in order too. These guys look like they forgot to put their dentures in this morning.

jgraff[/quote]

My first two heads kept having shrinking snouts they may look more like frogs than dragons!!! lol

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2008-11-04, 5:41pm

I was right, he does look better with teeth. Maybe he should see a dentist though. It looks like he chipped a tooth on some treasure.

Ooh I wish I had enough silvered glass to do one of these.

jgraff

Old 2008-11-05, 2:33pm

Here's my first try at a unicorn.

jgraff

Old 2008-11-05, 3:07pm
just another tool fool...

I still have to give my dragon a shot, but I must say my chicken feet look better after reading through your tutorial...your sculptural techniques are awesome!!

Don't ask...the voices just made me do it...

Click banner for my Etsy:

Old 2008-11-06, 4:01am
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

here are some of mine. unfortunatley the pics are not the greatest.
I lovr thrir little faces, and they go with my dragon tattoo's
Katja
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-08, 11:19pm
Enabler

Okay....I've had my copy of the tutorial since loco first released it, and hadn't even had time to read it. Until..........I came in here Thursday, and saw how fabulous all of you guys were doing!! So I read through it at lunch yesterday, and got so inspired I just couldn't wait any longer to try it!

I'd like you guys to meet Hershel and Patrick!

Hershel stands a petite (by loco standards) 2-3/8 inches tall from the tip of his ears to his little round tushie. Doesn't he have the sweetest face?

Patrick is a more statuesque and rotund 3+ inches tall, and has a little potbelly hanging out from under his breastplate. Patrick is already a little upset with me, because he had to go for a dip in etching solution to remove some ugle metallic effects, then had to get scrubbed head to toe with a toothbrush to get all the black gunk out of his nooks and crannies. He couldn't believe I'd subject him to that on the very day of his birth, but has vowed to have his revenge when I least expect it.

Doesn't that shit-eatin' grin make you wonder what he has planned?? Looks like his next stop should be at the orthodontist!! He certainly won't be using up all my kleenex this winter, cause I forgot to give him nostrils!

LOCO.....I haven't had this much fun in a hundred years!!! Thank you sooooo much for sharing your time and your talent with all of us! I'm not really sure my efforts show just how damn good your tutorials are, but I hope its obvious from the looks of these fellas just how much I enjoyed playing today.

Old 2008-11-09, 12:46pm
The Crazy One

I am so thrilled at the wonderful job you all are doing! Keep on having fun and remember what its like to be a kid!

Maria, you can't say chicken feet and not show us. My curiosity is out of control, besides I showed you my not a mouse from your tut.... Come on make me happy, just a quick picture, please?
Old 2008-11-09, 5:11pm
just another tool fool...

LOL! I haven't forgotten...we've just been so busy cleaning this weekend that all of last week's beads are still languishing in the downstairs sink. I'll post it very soon. It's kinda on the order of your "not a mouse". I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it...

Click banner for my Etsy:

Old 2008-11-12, 5:29pm
hi ho hi ho its off to ..

hey Loco wake up

time to load up more in the store I gots money to spend on a dragon tut

People who call me weird think I should take it personally. if you really want to upset me you should call me normal !!!

on

Old 2008-11-12, 5:40pm
The Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Parkinson View Post
hey Loco wake up

time to load up more in the store I gots money to spend on a dragon tut
Mark, I'm so sorry! I sent you an email.
Old 2008-11-12, 5:56pm
hi ho hi ho its off to ..

just poking at ya .... didn't expect an answer so fast .... thanks ... paid ya ... off to stalk the e-mail man

People who call me weird think I should take it personally. if you really want to upset me you should call me normal !!!

on

Old 2008-11-12, 6:05pm
The Crazy One

Mark, You should have it by now...
Old 2008-11-20, 8:04pm
where is that UPS man?

LOCO,
Bought it!!!!! Thank the family room....

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2008-11-22, 12:34pm
Got space flowers?

Cool dragons everyone!!

My first try ... unfortunately got a cold snout and cracked

Loco thank you so much for sharing!! They are really fun to make

Karin

Old 2008-12-18, 5:20pm

Those are to cute. I made a rubino one for my Son for Christmas. It is so cool. I think part of the hands have cracked. Rats. I will photo it when it is clean. I love the beastie.

Will make a couple of more. Love the tut. Thank you so much.

Rose Leslie
Old 2009-01-02, 9:11pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Where oh where are the dragon tuts for sale?

I don't even see any sperm for sale.

I have not even tried to make one of these yet, the voices wont let me change them enough so I think I will stick to my own dragons for now.
I have a whole collection of yours that I love and pet and call George and Bob and Frank, and Clark, and Jack, and Penelope.
I told you I had a gaggle of dragons.

Old 2009-01-11, 11:33pm

Thanks Loco,I just payed for my tut. DH is working overtime so I've got some extra time on my hands this week, therefore dragons will be my main priority! Oh what fun
As for suicidal dragons...remember the old Bugs Bunny cartoons... The one with Yosemite Sam and his sneezing dragon steede? To quote ol' Sam..."Dragons is soooo stupid!"

Cathy