LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-04-13, 9:22am
MacGalver

(Blushing big time) Thanks so much for all the positive feedback!

Jo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-13, 10:52am
Lover of Life

Haha, this is brilliant! What a superb idea! For months I have thought of ordering a button mandrel, but the shipping to me would exceed the tool, and I just can't bring myself to do that. Well, now I already have a few different button mandrels in my studio, ready to go. It really is that easy, the materials really are that accessible. I'm so stoked. I'm going to make a button or two tonight. I'm sure a new thread will be starting in the gallery very soon! Thanks Jo!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2010-04-13, 1:28pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

Do you have a pic of the handle? Is it really fat? How is it at turning?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2010-04-13, 2:23pm
MacGalver

Hi Karen~ Thanks for your interest! The tut covers 10 different mandrel styles and most have more than one configuration, so pictures would kind of be giving away the essence of the whole tutorial.

But to try to answer your question, the handle on most of the styles is about 1/4" in diameter and about 4 inches long. The finished mandrel holder is all one piece, so it turns smoothly in your hand. Most people find it very easy to use, even if they have small hands, because it's lightweight and well-balanced. I hope that tells you what you need to know!

Jo

Last edited by Frit Diva; 2010-04-13 at 2:28pm. Reason: additional info
Old 2010-04-13, 6:46pm
MacGalver

All completed orders have been sent. Please let me know if you have not received yours!

Thanks,

Jo

Old 2010-04-13, 7:04pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

K, thanks for your help.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2010-04-13, 9:55pm

I love this tutorial, thank you for being so sharing!!
Old 2010-04-14, 8:38am
MacGalver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexrox View Post
I'm going to make a button or two tonight. I'm sure a new thread will be starting in the gallery very soon!!

Bex ~ I love this idea, I'd love to see what everybody is making with their new mandrels. Anybody know the protocol? Should I start the thread asking for people to post pictures, or wait for somebody else to start it?

Jo

Old 2010-04-14, 12:12pm
MacGalver

All completed orders have been sent. If you have not received yours, please let me know!

Jo

Old 2010-04-14, 9:43pm
a pox upon an idiot :..

These are so easy to make! Love them!
Old 2010-04-14, 9:43pm
Frustrated Artist

What about those of us who prefer zippers? j/k great job jo

Old 2010-04-15, 10:17am
MacGalver

What?! Now you want a zipper pull tutorial??? Fine, I'll see what I can do for ya'! LOL LOL LOL

Jo

Old 2010-04-15, 7:28pm
MacGalver

Just a note to say all orders have been sent. Let me know if you have not received yours!

Jo

Old 2010-04-15, 8:29pm

Got mine! Thanks Jo! Can't wait to try it!!!

Old 2010-04-15, 8:40pm
Still Missing You

Received mine Jo. Now how smart is that? When even *I* can make it - it's gotta be easy.

You have done a wonderful job on the instructions. That's what I love in a tutorial - ease of use and readily available materials. Thank you.

Heroes don't wear capes, they they wear dog tags.
Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth.
The things you take for granted...someone else is praying for.
Old 2010-04-15, 10:22pm
MacGalver

Thanks you guys!

All completed orders have been sent. If you have not received yours, please let me know!

Old 2010-04-16, 4:37pm
MacGalver

Okay, was out all day, but back now. Once again, all completed orders have been sent. Let me know if you have not received yours!

thanks

Jo

Old 2010-04-16, 9:26pm
Glassy Broad :-)

I LOVE it Jo!!!!
Thanks for doing this!!! I'm thinking of all the $$ I'm going to save! You are a gem!!!
Hugs
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-04-17, 10:17am
MacGalver

Thanks Nita~

Looking forward to all the cool buttons you will make! I think I'll go start a thread in the Gallery to encourage people to post photos. Will you post, please?

Jo

Old 2010-04-17, 4:44pm
MacGalver

All completed orders have been sent. Let me know if you have not received yours!

thanks

Jo

Old 2010-04-17, 10:24pm
MacGalver

Sorry to be repetitive... all new orders are complete. If you have not received yours, please let know! I will not be around most of the day tomorrow, so if you place an order, please be patient. Thanks!

Old 2010-04-18, 9:13am

Where are everyone's Buttons !!?? am curious !
~~

Old 2010-04-18, 11:30am
MacGalver

I've started a "Button Thread" in the Gallery. Everybody post your buttons!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=160671

Jo

Old 2010-04-18, 11:48am

ohh my gosh !! can't wait to get these made ! Thanks so much for sharing your ingenious talent !!!!

Lor
~~

Old 2010-04-18, 7:10pm
I think I could be a bead

Wow! This is a fabulous tutorial. I hope to go and buy the "ingredients" tomorrow. Wow!

Old 2010-04-18, 11:11pm
MacGalver

Thanks for all the great feedback, everybody! Remember to post your finished button photos in the Gallery thread. All completed orders have been sent, if you have not received yours, please let me know!

Good night!

Old 2010-04-19, 5:11pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

I want to see some buttons in here..... post em here too please

I hope to go but the goodies this weekend too... I want to make a big honking button as a closure for one of my quilted purses.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-04-19, 6:40pm

Gotta work on colors/design but wanted to show these anyway. The blue one I used 3/32 mandrels, the Purple one 1/16 ... the 1/16 which I like better for size. They measure 30 and 26 mm across.
Really REALLY easy designed Tool to free the mandrels for Kiln too !! for those of you who were asking
I would like to see some from you all !! This may become another Bad Habit to have !
Attached Images

~~

Old 2010-04-19, 7:19pm
MacGalver

Oooh, very cool! Thanks for sharing these. They are very fun. Did you pinch the edges with tweezers to make that pattern? I love how even a very simple pattern just looks big and fabulous on a button. Thanks Lorraine!

Jo

Old 2010-04-21, 6:54pm

Just used some pointy nose pliers to pinch.
Got to find time to make some more !
~~