Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-07-30, 8:47am

It is amazing but I can't print anything after page 2.
Old 2008-07-30, 8:54am
Gay rights R human rights

Resistance is futile! Isnt that what they say? Looking forward to it. I just may have it professionally printed out. This looks like a keeper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-07-30, 10:45am

OOOOOKAY!!!

After much - the problem with printing page 14 is solved.

I'm not sure which e-mail address is who - so if you can't print out page 14 and would like to, please e-mail me at sarah.hornik@gmail.com and I will send you the latest version of the file.

If you are experiencing other printing problems not concerning page 14, please let me know what kind of setup you are using (operating system, which version of Adobe or other reader you are using, what kind of printer, etc. - any info you can provide is helpful).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
Old 2008-07-30, 11:17am

Geez Sarah, I bought your ebook last night and haven't really had a chance to really really look at it and I'm already amazed at all the information in it!! It's amazing and the pictures are beautiful. You did a wonderful job on it!!!
Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2008-07-30, 11:28am

Sarah I cant print anything after page 2 help please!!
Old 2008-07-30, 11:39am

Hi Carmen, just e-mailed you.

Thanks Debbie!

|
|
|
Old 2008-07-30, 11:46am
Covered in glitter

I had no trouble with printing page 14. I did get a message that my adobe thingy was old and I upgraded it before I printed the tut. Maybe that's what made the difference. It took FOREVER to print! I should've popped it in my thumb drive and run to the Office Max but I didn't. I'm actually thinking of seeing what they'd charge to put it in a spiral book for me. I might do that with a lot of them.

Sarah, the only thing I do have to say is the header on each page takes up a LOT of ink to print. Even if it were in a white background instead of light grey it would be OK.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-07-30, 11:48am

Thanks Sarah I will try and print it tomorrow morning and see what happens. This is a great tutorial....I love it!
Old 2008-07-30, 3:27pm

I had no problems printing it on my old, cheap printer. I like the idea of a spiral bound book though, so I may look into that.
Lori
Old 2008-07-30, 3:30pm

I just sat down in the studio and made the first bead in this tutorial...
OMG!!!!!!!!!!
It's fantastic, fabulous, wonderful and more!
I wouldn’t hesitate to get this one, the tutorial and accompanying info is worth the price!
Thank you so much for sharing your technique with us, you are more then generous!
Well done...

Old 2008-07-30, 3:34pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I read through the book last night, printed it out this morning. No problem.
I intentionally left the book across the room, and made a few beads using only what I could remember from reading it last night. I really like what I did so far

Old 2008-07-30, 3:52pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I couldn't resist, pink is my color and I love Sarah's beads! Can't wait to see the e-book.

Old 2008-07-30, 4:18pm
Who me?

Wah, I don't have my copy yet.

I don't want to torch tonight so I was looking forward to getting the file.

Watching reruns of NCIS...........
Old 2008-07-30, 4:27pm
pamtees

I got mine. Going to read it now. I always burn the crap out of this pink glass so I'm hoping I will learn how not to do that!
Old 2008-07-30, 4:27pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Work it too hot or two low and you'll get metallic yuckys.
Reenie: sometimes those "metallic yuckys" can be a new twist to an old bead style.

I think this book would be a must for anyone who can't seem to make this glass sing. Sarah can work it beautifully!!!

Sara

Old 2008-07-30, 4:28pm

Smile

I just downloaded my copy - it only took a few minutes from payment to delivery, and now I am printing!!

The pictures and instruction looks wonderful in the first few pages my very slow printer has has printed.

Thanks for sharing, Sarah! Can't wait to read the whole ebook and then try some beads this weekend!

Shirley
Old 2008-07-30, 4:31pm
Dangerous Woman

OMG!!!! Sarah has been my favorite beadmaker for quite some time I thought I'd never be able to take a class with her so this is great!!!!!!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-07-30, 5:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
Sarah, the only thing I do have to say is the header on each page takes up a LOT of ink to print. Even if it were in a white background instead of light grey it would be OK.
Yep, this is something I should have taken into account - I've been learning a lot about PDF files lately...
I think sometime in the next few days I will do a new version without the grey strips. I'll post here when it's ready.

|
|
|
Old 2008-07-30, 6:01pm

Many thanks to everyone who has purchased the tutorial so far!
If you have pics of beads you've made with the tuts, please post them! I can't wait to see.

|
|
|
Old 2008-07-30, 6:07pm
Covered in glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_hornik View Post
Yep, this is something I should have taken into account - I've been learning a lot about PDF files lately...
I think sometime in the next few days I will do a new version without the grey strips. I'll post here when it's ready.
Thanks! I've printed a lot of tuts in the last couple of days and I've gone through one entire color and one entire black cartridge. That's a LOT of ink! LOL Not a prob though. It's worth it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-07-30, 6:26pm

Quote:
Thanks! I've printed a lot of tuts in the last couple of days and I've gone through one entire color and one entire black cartridge. That's a LOT of ink! LOL Not a prob though. It's worth it.
Maybe someone should organize a bulk buy of printer ink!

Old 2008-07-30, 6:47pm
Covered in glitter

Seriously! LOL I think I won't be quite so impatient next time and take them to Office Max. I can pop them on my thumb drive and it'll take them a few minuts to do what took me hours.

Old 2008-07-30, 6:49pm
passionate about pets

ok hello.....i love your work......so hell yeah i bought the think pink e-book.....thanks for more inspiration....thanks thanks thanks

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-07-30, 7:25pm

wow!
Old 2008-07-30, 7:45pm
Burning Fingers!

Just purchased it - any idea how long it takes to come through? Or do I have to wait until morning 'cause Sarah is in bed right now - LOL

/
/
/

Old 2008-07-31, 1:32am
Gimme that silver glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_hornik View Post
Many thanks to everyone who has purchased the tutorial so far!
If you have pics of beads you've made with the tuts, please post them! I can't wait to see.
That was a question of mine, would you like to see the beads made with them? I'll take some pics of mine tonight !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-07-31, 5:32am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
I had no trouble with printing page 14. I did get a message that my adobe thingy was old and I upgraded it before I printed the tut. Maybe that's what made the difference. It took FOREVER to print! I should've popped it in my thumb drive and run to the Office Max but I didn't. I'm actually thinking of seeing what they'd charge to put it in a spiral book for me. I might do that with a lot of them.

I was able to print page 14; I followed your lead and upgraded my Adobe. It kept alerting me to my archaic version every time I opened it...so...may as well, right?

Yeah, and I used a lot of ink too. I coulda' saved it and gone to Kinko's; afterall, they are open 24 hours, but man...when I'm finally done with my work day I just wanna' GO HOME!

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2008-07-31, 11:47am

Updates here, please read:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh....php?p=1987529

|
|
|
Old 2008-07-31, 12:32pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Default Hey Sarah! Look!

I made these yesterday. I read (skimmed) the book night before last and printed it yesterday morning... I left the book on the desk, so I made these using only what I could remember from reading it on Tuesday evening... whaddya think? I think I'm in love with Rubino Oro!

Pandora bracelet size bead

Last edited by zen-mom; 2008-07-31 at 2:39pm.
Old 2008-07-31, 2:38pm
It dazzles, it sparkles

I posted these in the uk forum frit-happens, These are my beads following the tutorials - FANTASTIC direction

and a pink one he he