AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the BEST glass vendor?
Arrow Springs 213 19.02%
CR & Loo, Inc 17 1.52%
Frantz Art Glass 421 37.59%
Howaco Glass 147 13.13%
islandglass!!! 88 7.86%
Jo-Del Glass 47 4.20%
LBSupplies 113 10.09%
Moretti and More 208 18.57%
Sundance Art Glass 38 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-01, 7:23am

I just happened on this thread, and I have actually been planning on asking this question: What is a reasonable shipping time that we can expect our order to arrive in/ I have ordered multiple times in the recent years and from some of the leaders in the pole. I think that two weeks or more is way longer that I should be expected to wait. Texas is not the north pole!
Old 2013-12-01, 9:40am
kinda torching....

Salt city glass! Ftw!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-01, 10:05am

I'm with you Jeremy. Salt City Glass has gone way beyond bending over backwards, to find the best prices on products and shipping, with me.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2014-02-01, 7:33am

I'm with you, Jelly. When I place an order, I want it to go out in a timely way. I think going out within three days is reasonable. Is that me being impatient? I think quick shipping is just good customer service. I choose my vendors based on range of product and how quickly I receive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybellykelley View Post
I just happened on this thread, and I have actually been planning on asking this question: What is a reasonable shipping time that we can expect our order to arrive in/ I have ordered multiple times in the recent years and from some of the leaders in the pole. I think that two weeks or more is way longer that I should be expected to wait. Texas is not the north pole!
Old 2014-02-03, 7:33am
marbeads

Smile Wow

I just saw this answer after I wrote the question at the top of the libary. Great answer. I am just begining to be able to follow the Lampwork Etc.
thank you all for the help.

Sosoft
Old 2014-02-05, 12:33pm

Placed my first order with Frantz Art and was really pleased with how quickly it came considering I'm on the East Coast of Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-03-28, 4:13pm
GLASS ADDICT

Salt City Glass Robert and Donna are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2014-03-29, 8:52am

Ditto on Robert and Donna @ Salt City Glass. No one comes close to their Customer Satisfaction.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2014-03-29, 9:55am
DaveK

I like shopping at the source. When I was fusing I liked to visit the Bullseye Store and shop at the Uroboros factory, when they let me in.

Now that I am Lampworking, I like to shop at the TAG store (9725 SW Commerce Circle Suite A-7 Wilsonville‎, OR‎) they don't even list that on their website, I don't know why. Jenny is very helpful.

I wish Glass Alchemy and Northstar had outlet stores. You get a lot of deals on odds and seconds. We are lucky to have a lot of glass manufacturers in the Portland Oregon area.
You can call me Dave 🎨
Old 2014-04-08, 5:44pm

Salt City Glass is definitely at the top of the list. Frantz is just about tied with them. Devardi is wonderful for tools.

The fastest shipping so has been from Glass Sorbet. I'm pretty sure they used some kind of transporter.
Old 2014-04-13, 6:27pm

I checked out Frantz but their shipping seems to be pretty high compared to some others. Does Salt City carry 104 coe?
Old 2014-04-14, 7:47am

Georgia, I don't think so, but to be sure check them out at www.saltcityglass.com

Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2014-04-28, 9:06pm

Salt City Glass does not carry 104 unfortunately. If they did, I'd be thrilled to death.

Recently, on an order of boro, one of my boxes went MIA courtesy of the USPS. They re-shipped it and when the original box turned up, they let me keep the extra glass.

They definitely know how to treat a customer.

Ruth
Old 2014-04-30, 10:41am
Dazed and Confused

For actual real-life shopping, seeing as I'm in SoCal there's nothing like going to Pacific Art Glass. Everyone there is so helpful and they have a vast selection of everything you'll need, no matter what kind of glass art you practice.

Online? I've had good service from a variety of vendors - Franz, Sundance, Slumpy's, Blue Fire and ABR all spring to mind.
Old 2014-11-10, 7:59am

I love Howaco! Her prices are the best even if you take into account the sales other people offer. Shipping is very reasonable. My shipping quote from frantz was really high so I haven't ordered from them recently but they do have a great selection.
Old 2014-12-08, 2:32pm

super happy with Howaco here as well!
Old 2015-01-13, 8:34pm

A+ for Howaco on their prices as well! Not sure how they can be so much lower than others!?
Old 2015-01-19, 9:06am

Default Glass suppliers in Canada

Since I am in Eastern Canada, I buy mostly from The Glass Shop Studio, in Ottawa, ON. On top of its exceptional service, the Studio offers different brands of soft glass: Lauscha, Effetre, CIM, DH and a good selection of Reichenbach, plus tools, classes, etc.
I also buy from Artistry in Glass, also in Ontario, and I have been quite satisfied with them.
For silver glass, I buy directly from Double Helix in the US. They are great too.
Old 2015-01-23, 3:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Nancy View Post
Mine aren't listed.

Lampworksupplies.com baby! They rock. Centrally located, good selection of Moretti some Vetrofond and I think two brands of boro. (edit: I'm embarassed at my ignorance. I just wandered over there and there were like 6 brands or categories of boro.) I do most all my business there.

GGglass is the next on my list for service and I can't wait to have some of her cane.

Now that I've wandered over there wondering if I was right about the boro I see they are having a Moretti sale. And I thought I'd only spend a little there on my trip to town tomorrow.
I just tried to access lampworksupplies.com and got the notice the site has been suspended for billing issues.
Old 2015-01-23, 4:05am

I too am a very delighted customer of Devardi. They have gone so far out of realm of super customer service for me that I cannot imagine going to another store for anything I can purchase from then. I love the glass, probably because it's almost the only glass I've used being new to this but the pricing is good for me and the color choices are plentiful. I don't seem to have difficulty with the glass but then again I have limited experience so maybe there is better glass but the best glass in the world will not compensate for lack of skill. Love Devardi
Old 2015-01-25, 8:53pm

I'm still waiting for an order from Howaco that I placed 10 days ago..not thrilled
Old 2015-02-02, 7:46pm

Howaco is not the fastest... But prices are way better than anywhere else.
Old 2015-02-05, 8:28pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I ordered two types of pixie dust and some goldstone rods from Devardi. They managed to get the order wrong. Probably will not order from them again. First and last order.

I ordered some crinkled dichro from Howaco a couple years ago. I received part of the order but not all of it and I never received a refund or the dichro. I emailed a few times. Finally gave up. Haven't ordered from there again since.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2015-02-06, 9:21pm

I didn't see A lot of colors in stock at pacific art glass. The store is crazy, big, but I think 104 COE is kinda their stepchild. Anyone?
Old 2015-04-18, 4:12pm

My favorite glass suppliers are Frantz Art Glass (Shelton, Washington) and Olympic Color Rod (Seattle, Washington). Both give great service and ship quickly. Both have very competitive pricing. http://frantzartglass.com/ and http://www.glasscolor.com

Frantz carries Moretti, Vetrofond, Double Helix, CIM, and others. Olympic Color Rod carries Reichenbach (both 104 and 96 COE) and System 96.

Right now Frantz is having a sale.
Old 2015-11-13, 12:04am
Naysayer

this thread lol, JoDel even

Every time it's boosted I laugh, I think only 2 of those are still in business? Can we kill it already?
Old 2016-01-03, 5:43pm

So I voted for Frantz. But.. their website sucks. After reading this, I think I will try Howaco, I already like their website. Ease of shopping is an important consideration for me.
Old 2016-01-11, 4:28pm

Nobody has mentioned the wonderful Grace Edwards of Lauscha lady who also has Cim and Effetre. She is in Canada and with the current great exchange rate for Americans, may be a great place to consider.
Old 2016-10-21, 7:20pm

Smile

Frantz has a new web site and it's so much easier and faster to use now.
Old 2016-11-13, 11:41am

I ordered from Howaco, iti's been quite a while since I have. It's taken 6 days from order to actual sending out. Order on the 6th, sent out the 11th. Haven't gotten it yet. I think that is too slow.