LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-09-16, 2:44pm
Storm Queen

Default Taking Reduction Glass by STORM!

This tutorial covers a couple of unique techniques using 104 coe silver reduction glass. It's for all levels of expertise from the beginner with the basics down, all the way to the advanced lampwork artist. You will only need a torch, mandrels, tweezers, marver and reduction glass to get started.

Available for immediate download for just $19

Mein Tutorial ist jetzt auch auf Deutsch erhältlich!
Sofort verfügbar auf meiner Homepage

Storm Technique

For Dots and Stringer work

Webbing Technique

Encased and Metallic

The stats: Two techniques, 15 pages, 41 pictures, over 60 sample beads plus a color layering chart. File size is just under 1MB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AKDesigns; 2010-01-29 at 4:21pm.
Old 2009-09-16, 2:44pm
Storm Queen

Just a side note.... You can get started on this tutorial if you have any reduction glass at all. I show a variety of different glass in the tutorial but my "go to" glass for the Storm Technique is Olympia Rain. Jed has assured me he has plenty available and will even be making more periodically. You can find Olympia Rain here.

The Storm Technique has been tested on a HotHead and it does work! You will need to experiment on your own as some glass may work best over others.

Last edited by AKDesigns; 2009-09-16 at 2:49pm.
Old 2009-09-16, 2:51pm
Storm Queen

Can those people first purchasing the tutorial let me know if everything goes smoothly or not?

Old 2009-09-16, 2:59pm

Hi Amy!

Worked just fine! Looks great! Can't wait to sit down and read through it.

Thanks!!

~
~
~

Old 2009-09-16, 2:59pm
Storm Queen

Thanks Sarah! I can relax now....

Old 2009-09-16, 3:07pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Everything went just fine!! It looks wonderful

Old 2009-09-16, 3:07pm
Tacki

Got mine - downloaded in a snap.

You gon' be rich girl! Looks lovely
Old 2009-09-16, 3:09pm
Storm Queen

Thanks!

Old 2009-09-16, 3:10pm
Tacki

Ok seriously guys, I've been reading for like 3 minutes now and I've already had about 4 "A-HA!" moments. You MUST get this tutorial.
Old 2009-09-16, 3:12pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracidawn78 View Post
Ok seriously guys, I've been reading for like 3 minutes now and I've already had about 4 "A-HA!" moments. You MUST get this tutorial.
Awe....thanks Traci!

Old 2009-09-16, 3:13pm

Amy, I am only on page 7 and this is a awesome tutorial! Very awesome! It is so easy to understand, and you have some great pictures! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Great job!!!

~
~
~

Old 2009-09-16, 3:13pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

It's fantastic isn't it? I was playing with it for HotHead users and here's the results I have so far. I must say, I used a bad rod of Olympia Rain (remember that second batch that just went yellow?) and I could still get some decent reactions.

- Oly Rain

- Aurae

Old 2009-09-16, 3:16pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaricaBeads View Post
Amy, I am only on page 7 and this is a awesome tutorial! Very awesome! It is so easy to understand, and you have some great pictures! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Great job!!!
I'm so happy to hear that! My goal was to make it all super easy to understand.

Old 2009-09-16, 3:17pm
Storm Queen

Those are just FABULOUS Amber! Thanks so much for helping me out too!

Old 2009-09-16, 3:19pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Yeah....... I can't wait till Friday (payday)... so I can play too!! :0)

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2009-09-16, 3:22pm
Moving On

Go Amy, GO!!! Waving pom-poms!!!!

Old 2009-09-16, 3:28pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Thanks, Amy, and you're welcome! It's such a well-written and concise tut! I'm honored to help ya out!

Old 2009-09-16, 3:59pm
GlassDocNC

Very nicely done tuturial. Thanks. This tutorial is easy to recommend to one and all.

Marina
Old 2009-09-16, 4:04pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

make one for boro

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-09-16, 4:11pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Woohoo!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-09-16, 4:17pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I knew there was a reason I bought 1/2 lb. of Olympia Rain! I am buying it as soon as I get back to my office!!!

It's my last-day-of-being-30 present to myself!

Yay!!!
Kelly

Old 2009-09-16, 4:19pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
make one for boro
I just sent you a PM. Someone is telling me that this may actually work for boro...but I'm clueless because I've never used it.

Old 2009-09-16, 4:27pm
Does my glass look 2 big?

Way Cool!!
Just got mine! Wanted to let ya'know I got it. As soon as I actually drool over it, I'll come back!

Old 2009-09-16, 4:48pm
I'm a lilac!

If I ever have any money in my account I am buying this one! I love your beads and I know this technique would mesh perfectly with my style.

Old 2009-09-16, 5:04pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Got mine and made a bead using a cobalt silver glass that I have no idea what it is as a base I'm stoked that no one wanted my original Oly Rain when I put it up on Ebay!

Old 2009-09-16, 5:07pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
Got mine and made a bead using a cobalt silver glass that I have no idea what it is as a base I'm stoked that no one wanted my original Oly Rain when I put it up on Ebay!
There is a bit of a difference between the original OR and the new version although the difference may only be visible to me. The new rods are seeded with micro bubbles which is an added bonus to the whole storm effect in my opinion. The original version kinda storms a little more prominently so I like the original too.

Old 2009-09-16, 5:10pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
There is a bit of a difference between the original OR and the new version although the difference may only be visible to me. The new rods are seeded with micro bubbles which is an added bonus to the whole storm effect in my opinion.
I'm just glad I had some to play with now and not have to wait Guess I'll have to order some Olympia Rain, for the inventory, of course!

Old 2009-09-16, 5:37pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Guess I need to buy some OR now, huh?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-09-16, 5:41pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Guess I need to buy some OR now, huh?
Well I would.....but then it works with almost all the reduction glasses. I just like OR because it storms a nice neutral cream color so it goes with anything and everything.

Old 2009-09-16, 5:49pm
Dangerous Woman

Finally a use for the OR I didn't know what to do with!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.