Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-11-20, 1:21pm

Default Smokey Topaz

My aunt asked me to make earring beads to match a necklace that has hollow smokey topaz beads. The picture she sent is really bad so it's hard to tell.

Which color glass would you use to make smokey topaz? I use 104 glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-11-20, 1:23pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Czech smoky topaz.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-11-20, 1:53pm

Yup!! Smokey Topaz is gorgeous, you can get it at www.checkglass.com
Mary T.

Old 2009-11-20, 1:57pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Czech smoky topaz.

Old 2009-11-20, 8:09pm
Lampworkaholic!

Consider CiM Sepia.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-11-22, 3:05pm
sunscreen me baby

I would go with the paler of the smokey topaz's in check glass. CIM's sepia is incredibly gorgeous but probably to pale and pinkish.

~

Old 2009-11-22, 7:46pm

So, I send her the links to the Check site both light and dark topaz and to effetre lt. trans brown. She says what she has is much more of a dark grey? I'm not sure I get that but I made beads today of CIM sepia and dusk; dk. transparent grey, lt. transparent grey, steele grey (is that the same?) and lt transparent brown. I would love to try the check glass so I guess I'll have to order that. I really do like the smokey topaz they have so even if it doesn't work for her I'll still use it.

Tomorrow, I am going to clean all of the beads I made today and mail them to her so she can decide if any of those will work.