Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-04-15, 9:52pm

Default Foot pedals

I was checking out this foot pedal at Mountain Glass

http://www.mountainglassarts.com/s.nl/it.A/id.969/.f

can anyone offer any advice in this area - what to look for etc ?
Old 2008-04-15, 10:55pm

talk with smutboy. not only does he make a great pedal,but I'm sure he'd fill you in on what ever knowledge you need to make a wise purchase. http://www.hotasstools.com/ I will add one thing i don't like about that set up is all the hose lines come down to the floor; with my smutboy pedal all that is connected to a box I have mounted on the side of my work bench and just have a pedal on the floor, so no fear of kicking loss a hose.
Murf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.

Last edited by murf; 2008-04-16 at 12:19am.
Old 2008-04-16, 8:11am

thanks for this link. I put it in my favorites for my "wish list". A good warranty and shipping is FREE, too.

Old 2008-04-16, 1:52pm

I got mine from smutboy at hotasstools.The price is great and I have been useing mine for about 2 years and it is still like new.
He uses the best parts that can be had and is still less $'s than any other I have seen.
G.
Old 2008-04-16, 4:53pm
Dead man walking

I have one from smutty too and it works great!
Old 2008-04-19, 3:12pm
Glass Addict

Default smutboy

Great pedal +1

You can't change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

GTT Mirage and tanked O2
Old 2008-04-20, 4:24pm

I have a smutboy foot pedal on my GTT Phantom and on my Barracuda. They work great!
Old 2008-04-20, 4:52pm
Temptress

Another vote for smutboy. I have one on my phantom and love it.
Old 2008-06-21, 6:59am

Wow talk about good word of mouth. Thanks Everyone.

Old 2008-06-21, 1:43pm
Bliss Junkie

been thinking about one for a bit now... just upgraded to a bigger torch.. so i decided to buy one...

i'll try and update here once i get it, and give it a run...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-06-21, 2:28pm

Well I can't say which is the best foot pedal out there. I have a different brand and love it. But what I can say is a foot pedal is a must. So get one asap.
Scott

ESTY
Old 2008-06-21, 4:37pm
Spoiled

I just got a Cuda with the quad manifold for my birthday last week and just started looking for a foot pedal for it. I don't like the one made by them because it doesn't actually turn on/off, I don't like having to hold the pedal down.

I just read this thread and see Smutboy's not only turn on/off but are also on sale. Now I need to figure out the size of the hose I have.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-06-21, 4:51pm
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
I just got a Cuda with the quad manifold for my birthday last week and just started looking for a foot pedal for it. I don't like the one made by them because it doesn't actually turn on/off, I don't like having to hold the pedal down.

I just read this thread and see Smutboy's not only turn on/off but are also on sale. Now I need to figure out the size of the hose I have.
Top Hat foot pedal $325.00 delivered.

DeBrady Glassworks
- - Glass Campus
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan
Old 2008-06-21, 5:48pm
Knob Creek Glass

Dennis, tell us more about the foot pedal. How it works etc. Thanks.
Old 2008-06-21, 6:01pm
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaracollins View Post
Dennis, tell us more about the foot pedal. How it works etc. Thanks.
I suggest Jack at Unlimited Oxygen is considerably better qualified to provide detailed technical information.

DeBrady Glassworks
- - Glass Campus
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan
Old 2008-06-21, 6:28pm

Quote:
the Cuda torch uses 1/4 size hose.

Old 2008-06-21, 6:41pm
product of the universe

I own several foot pedals and i can say out of all of em the smutpedal is my favorite. I really like the pedal itself its very easy to turn on and off unlike the others i have. and to top it off there is a led that tells ya when its on, which is really great if you forget to shut it off after turning your torch off. Which is something the others lack. It doesn't need to be mounted to your bench like some brands. I give it two thumbs up for design and quality.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-06-21, 8:54pm
Spoiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by smutboy420 View Post
the Cuda torch uses 1/4 size hose.
Thanks, I had just looked at the torch in the box. I'll be placing my order in a little while.

Old 2008-06-22, 12:05am
Spoiled

Order placed!