Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-11-15, 7:51am
Growing Edge Glass

Default Did I miss something..paypal/ebay shipping?

I know I recently saw a thread about Paypal now allowing us to print International First Class...I didn't read the thread at that time.

I've been searching LE for this thread, under ebay and paypal shipping, but I keep coming up with threads from the garage sale.

I went to print a label this morning from an etsy sale and was taken to a page that said it was Ebay shipping, now handling paypals shipping.

Have you also encountered this...I haven't seen any other threads on LE about it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-15, 8:27am
Mr Brutus RIP

yea, I shipped the other day and it went to ebay shipping. I havent' been able to find the international first class shipping spot but the post office lady swears its there......she doesn't like me very much so I think she wants me staying home!

Old 2011-11-15, 8:38am
Growing Edge Glass

Well I feel better knowing that I wasn't the only one! I was thinking that maybe it was a glitch because I hadn't seen anything on paypal announcing it.

I typically use the shipping assistant part of click and ship for my international first class orders, but I'll see what paypal/ebay offer with my next international label. I believe I did see it with the drop down menu on 'shipping methods' within paypal/ebay shipping.

Anyway...while it's probably a good thing that International First Class is now offered on paypal (if they offer the integrated customs form), I wish they'd leave the other stuff alone!

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-15, 8:48am
Mr Brutus RIP

Ah, well I will have to have a better look. Yea, I'm not too fond of them changing things around

Old 2011-11-15, 9:28am
uncouthful cats

I think this might have been the thread where a few people said they have the international option, but most still don't because it's a new thing & paypal is trying it out on a few guinea pigs in order to find as many potential glitches as possible before making it standard. I don't remember if anyone said when it was supposed to hit the main track & be available to everyone. It was posted in the bathroom, at least where I saw it, so that would be why you can't find it, Mikelene.

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2011-11-15, 9:34am
Growing Edge Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by clan tabby View Post
I think this might have been the thread where a few people said they have the international option, but most still don't because it's a new thing & paypal is trying it out on a few guinea pigs in order to find as many potential glitches as possible before making it standard. I don't remember if anyone said when it was supposed to hit the main track & be available to everyone. It was posted in the bathroom, at least where I saw it, so that would be why you can't find it, Mikelene.
Oh...well that explains why I couldn't find it.........and I hadn't even thought about it being posted in the bathroom!

It seems that the overall appearance, in Paypal, when you go to print a domestic shipping label has changed, in that we are now using ebay shipping.

Maybe this change is only in a few paypal accounts as well, at this point.

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-15, 9:55am
uncouthful cats

I don't know about the paypal to ebay shipping change; this is the first I've heard about that. And what if you're an etsy seller?? Myself, I don't have a shop nor use shipping labels, but it's always interesting to read what new stuff those "e-guys" are up to, & I always learn a lot from peoples' comments.

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2011-11-15, 9:59am
Growing Edge Glass

I think I'll have to contact Paypal and see what they're doing with the shipping stuff now, at least in my account!

The label that I printed this morning was for a sale in my etsy shop....I'm not currently selling on ebay so I guess because paypal owns ebay...they're tying them in regardless of what selling venue I'm using.

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-15, 10:05am
da General

Mikelene, I started that thread in the bathroom last week. Yes, since eBay owns PayPal, the new interface some of us have been switched to does say eBay. Actually if you look closely, even in the old version the printed labels said "eBay" in fine print. I am loving the new international first class option!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-11-15, 10:09am
Growing Edge Glass

Good to know Hayley....I look forward to using the Int'l first class option as well, as long as the customs label is integrated into the label itself!

I was just thrown this morning after printing an etsy sale shipping label, as the description on the receipt listed it as an 'ebay floor sale' or something of that nature. It did not list my etsy sale items nor the shipping name/address of my customer.

Might just be the glitches and bugs they're working out.

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-15, 10:15am
I speak Murrini!

(Me = annoyed!) Of course if they get the Int'l First Class thing going, I'll be =

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-11-15, 7:53pm
Master Procrastinator

That's awesome! Would LOVE not having to go to the PO for international pkgs. For those that have used it, what do you do about customs forms? Or is that on there too?

Old 2011-11-15, 11:24pm
Dynamic Duo

SEE IF THIS WORKS

First class international was showing up on our laptop, but not on either of our desktop computers. Same PayPal account, so it somehow is not related to account.

But then I went into my browser preferences on the desktops and deleted all cookies that were PayPay cookies - kind of does a reset of your info- and then when I logged into PayPal I did get the new shipping page, which touts the eBay relationship, and First Class International is there.

I had been pulling my hair out about this for a few weeks, and it is so nice to have it working. I was working for me previously only for foreign orders on eBay, but now it also works for my Etsy foreign orders.

It prints the customs forms for you, the computer version of the little green stick on form. Works great on those half sheet labes. All you need to do is sign it.

For international Priority mail, it prints the multipart form - but you should print it on plain paper, sign it, and put it in the plastic sleves - (you can get the sleeves for free on the US post office web site, along with all types of free priority mailing supplies.) Again, don't forget to sign the forms.

If things are under 13 ounces, I have just been dropping them off in mail collection boxes, and not having to go into the post office. As far as I can tell, this is ok and all my packages have made it. If you send foreign mail with hand written labels, or sending them with postage stamps, you are supposed to hand this to a postal employee, no matter what the weight.

Last edited by flaming_fools; 2011-11-15 at 11:30pm.
Old 2011-11-16, 12:39am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaming_fools View Post
SEE IF THIS WORKS

First class international was showing up on our laptop, but not on either of our desktop computers. Same PayPal account, so it somehow is not related to account.

But then I went into my browser preferences on the desktops and deleted all cookies that were PayPay cookies - kind of does a reset of your info- and then when I logged into PayPal I did get the new shipping page, which touts the eBay relationship, and First Class International is there.

I had been pulling my hair out about this for a few weeks, and it is so nice to have it working. I was working for me previously only for foreign orders on eBay, but now it also works for my Etsy foreign orders.

It prints the customs forms for you, the computer version of the little green stick on form. Works great on those half sheet labes. All you need to do is sign it.

For international Priority mail, it prints the multipart form - but you should print it on plain paper, sign it, and put it in the plastic sleves - (you can get the sleeves for free on the US post office web site, along with all types of free priority mailing supplies.) Again, don't forget to sign the forms.

If things are under 13 ounces, I have just been dropping them off in mail collection boxes, and not having to go into the post office. As far as I can tell, this is ok and all my packages have made it. If you send foreign mail with hand written labels, or sending them with postage stamps, you are supposed to hand this to a postal employee, no matter what the weight.
For the number of international packages I have to ship out every month, I'm surprised they are not using me for one of their guinea pigs! lol! I'll check on my laptop to see if anything is different than what I see on the desktop.

I ship all international packages directly from home with no problems for the last three years. I use stamps and I place my packages in my mailbox for carrier pick up which is allowed because the customs info is registered electronically. No need to drop packages off at the PO which is wonderful, but you can't put them in a drop box. Only the domestic mail.

I use usps Shipping Assistant for my international First Class labels. For those of you who aren't familiar with it - it's a desktop tool you can download from the usps site and you can use it to print both domestic and international labels. The international label is a little smaller than the Paypal shipping label and all of the customs info is on it. There are several international options, like for Priority and Express as well. For packages under 13oz and First Class, it is a single label with everything on it that you need. I love it! But if Paypal is going to do this then I don't have to worry about keeping a stock of postage stamps.
Old 2011-11-16, 1:10am
Duchess of Dichro

My shipping page changed over to the new format today. I found it more complicated than the old version,Hmm has ebay been talking to FB about improvements lol.

Old 2011-11-16, 1:29pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dana View Post
My shipping page changed over to the new format today. I found it more complicated than the old version,Hmm has ebay been talking to FB about improvements lol.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-11-16, 1:47pm
Growing Edge Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dana View Post
I think it is more complicated...seems like a few extra steps involved, but I'm hoping they'll work out the extra bugs soon.

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-16, 6:27pm
Mr Brutus RIP

woo hoo, I had an order on artfire that went to the netherlands and I was able to print my label from home with paypal!! All the info was on there already and all I had to do was pick shipping choice (first class) and then weight. Then I had to sign and date like you would on the regular customs form. You also had to read a little thing that you were not shipping anything hazardous or unlawful to send. It was SO much easier than going tothe post office..........till my dh came in and said he had to go to the post office today WTH??? LOL
It wasn't on my paypal last week but it was there today............

Old 2011-11-17, 5:48am
Growing Edge Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassymom View Post
woo hoo, I had an order on artfire that went to the netherlands and I was able to print my label from home with paypal!! All the info was on there already and all I had to do was pick shipping choice (first class) and then weight. Then I had to sign and date like you would on the regular customs form. You also had to read a little thing that you were not shipping anything hazardous or unlawful to send. It was SO much easier than going tothe post office..........till my dh came in and said he had to go to the post office today WTH??? LOL
It wasn't on my paypal last week but it was there today............
Yay! sounds like they're bringing everyone on board with it now.

-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-17, 6:59am
one day at a time

Mine changed back to the old format. Weird! I guess they are still working on it.
Old 2012-03-09, 8:47am
Established Thinker I Am

Is anyone still using paypal to ship first class international? I can't get mine to work...sure wish it would!

l
l
l
Old 2012-03-09, 10:30am
one day at a time

I don't know if they ever made that official or not. Does anyone know??
Old 2012-03-11, 10:19pm
Dynamic Duo

Lately it has only worked for me from eBay - my Etsy orders, which require that I log into my paypal account to print the labels, no longer gives me the option. I will have to delete all the cookies again!

Old 2012-03-12, 5:23pm
Established Thinker I Am

Ya, I tried deleting cookies, but it didn't work for me.

l
l
l