Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-01-07, 4:02pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Great idea, Renee - I haven't ever sold anything there, so it might take a day or two to figure all of that out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-07, 5:02pm
Linda Linda Honey, lookit

Well here is my first attempt at one of these beads. Its clear where I need to practice more as the blemishes in this bead are extremely obvious. And I definitely need to read up on encasing, but overall, this was a tremendously fun bead to make. I think I did pretty good for an overly ambitious beginner. I'm going to try another one tomorrow.

Here is the part where my encasing distorted everything...

Old 2009-01-07, 5:20pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Thats sooo nice, Christopher! Wow! I can't wait to give it a try.

Old 2009-01-07, 5:28pm
passionate about pets

christopher - I think you have done a great job I know that i sucked a encasing, but this tut has helped me tremendously.....remember PPP ( practice, practice, practice) it totally helps.......I really like how you got such deep crevises between your colors.....I think i need more practice on that.....

do you put lots more transparent color compared to the opaque?
or should they be very similar in size dots? to get the 3-d look?

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2009-01-07, 5:42pm
Linda Linda Honey, lookit

I dont know what I did to tell you the truth. I know that I used all transparent colors and layered them over white. So it was black base, white dot, trans red, white dot, trans orange, white dot, trans yellow and so on. And I left out the periwinkle. As for the 3-d look... your guess is as good as mine. I bet you i'll never get that look again...LOL

I do know that I didn't completely cover the white dots with the transparent colors though. I used the transparent stringer color and just went along the edge and didn't overlap.

Old 2009-01-07, 6:15pm
Forever Grateful Beads

They do look great, Christopher! I love that look too - using white/transparent combos. It has a VERY dramatic effect, and there's more variation in the color (deeper in the center, lighter on the outsides of the petals) when you do that - love that.

And Renee - I just opened an Etsy shop and have 10 tutorials for sale (anyone feel free to "heart" me if you like)!

Old 2009-01-07, 6:36pm
Fiddle-dee-dee!

Just gave you a big !

I love your tutorial. It's one of my favorites I own! And I definitely need encasing help still, so I can't wait for your future tutorial. Thanks!
Old 2009-01-07, 6:44pm
Queen of Lurk

I bought the tut a couple of weeks ago and haven't tried it yet. But with such an inspiring thread, I'm going to give it a go tomorrow morning. Beautiful beads everyone!
Old 2009-01-07, 9:49pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Amy, you should post a link to your Etsy shop. I just searched tutorials to find you and hearted you I have always admired your work!

Jenny

Old 2009-01-07, 11:06pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Yay! Thanks for the hearts guys!!! I'll go put a link to my Etsy in my sgnature now. Thanks for the suggestion!!!!!

Good night!
Amy

Old 2009-01-08, 11:51am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Can't wait for this, Amy! I'm encasing idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy trescott View Post
They are GORGEOUS!!!! And just think of the possibilities of taking the layering techniques and tweaking it here and there. I'm a HUGE fan of that 3-D look.

I'm working on a very short (and free) tutorial for casing with clear when you have a design underneath which might help some with this bead (I haven't forgotten about you Tammy)! I've just been so busy with school starting up again after winter break - I'm trying to work on it here and there when I can.

Thanks again everyone!

Old 2009-01-08, 11:53am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Oh and I hearted you!

Old 2009-01-25, 1:12am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I finally had some time to photograph my rainbow beads, and althoug it's not as pretty as yours I had a great time making them. I'm planning on making a big chunky rainbow bracelet out of them if only I had 36 hours in a day

suzanne

Old 2009-04-16, 8:10am
Forever Grateful Beads

Hi everyone! I thought this would be a good place to post this (I'll make a note on my website too).

I've had a couple of e-mail glitches lately, and want to give everyone a heads up on what to expect when you buy my tutorial.

If you buy it from my website: As soon as you pay for it (in Pay Pal), it should automatically forward you to the tutorial. If you buy it from my website and you do not receive it right away, contact me immediately/PM me here.

If you purchase it through Etsy: I have to send it to you the traditional way. Please give me a couple of hours, but I try to send it within minutes (I check my e-mail often unless I'm away). If you buy the tutorial from Etsy and you don't receive it within an hour or two, contact me immediately/PM me here.

Like I said, I've had a couple e-mail glitches and people have waited a day or two for their tutorials, when I thought they were sent and taken care of.

I'm VERY thankful for LE's PM system because it is a sure-fire way to be able to get in touch with one another.

So, long story short - when you buy my tutorial, you should not have to wait a day to receive it, so let me know. I want you to have it ASAP!!!!

Thanks a bunch,
Amy

Old 2009-04-16, 11:06am
Tacki

Just a quick FYI - I bought this last night and it never came. I finally looked in my spam box and there it was, sent immediately after I bought it. If you buy it and it doesn't show up, make sure to check your spam box.

Great tutorial
Old 2009-04-16, 12:06pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Rats, Traci! Do you happen to know if there is anything I can do on my end to keep it from going into others' spam folders?

I'm glad you found it though!

And thanks a bunch - Glad you like it!!!

Old 2009-04-17, 9:05am

Amy, this is the bes $12 I ever spent!
Thankyou for sharing.
Attached Images

Old 2009-04-25, 2:08pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Yay!!!! It looks great Pat, and thank you VERY much!!!

Old 2009-04-26, 11:45am

I wish I weren't broke for the next month. I want it.
Old 2009-04-26, 1:49pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Beautiful beads peeps! Love the show and tell!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-04-27, 10:18am

Thanks Karen, sweet of you to mention. My pics are blurry and I have too many bubbles but when I get home I'm really going to sit down and ppp.
Old 2009-04-27, 12:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Oooh, Reenie! Tell me about this....my computer won't OPEN pdf files (don't ask....)...so I'm stuck on the tutorial thingy....makes me nuts....and there's sooooo many I'd love to have--especially on PAPER!!
(and...we all know what a rainbow freak I am!)
LYN!!!!!!!

Do what I do! (Won't Pipyr love me for this! lol)

I pay for the tute. Seller sends it to Pipyr's computer. She puts it on a disk for me and I take it to Staples and pay them to print it out into a spiral book for me.

Boy, I owe the Pipyr-meister a few cd discs. (The grouchy old Grandma won't let me buy her any though!)

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2009-04-30, 9:33pm
The Forgetful Beadmaker

Great tutorial! Bought it the other day and finally got to play and take a picture of my first try. This is truly my first try at the bead, Amy's instructions are very good.

Thank you so much for offering this Amy, I really enjoyed it and I look forward a whole bunch of great beads in my future!

The photo isn't great, but I like the bead!

Janet
Old 2009-05-01, 12:03pm

Janet that is a very nice bead. All the colors show.
Old 2009-05-01, 8:25pm
passionate about pets

Ok i have a question of everyone.

Janet's bead has very concave dots of color. Mine never turn out like this but i do like the look. How does one go about making dots like this where the underneath color bends like that.

Small white dots with more color on top?
big white dots with less color on top?
same size dots?

Someone please help.....

Janet by the way awesome bead!!!

*StOrM*

Old 2009-05-01, 8:40pm
The Forgetful Beadmaker

Thanks StOrM, but I'm sure if you've bought the tutorial Amy would be happy to answer any questions you may have about her technique. If you haven't bought it, I highly recommend it. It's only 12 bucks and well worth the money. These beads have been driving me crazy for years and now it's a piece of cake!

You can find it at:
http://www.amytrescott.com/rptutorialindex.html
"The standard for lower-risk products for use by current smokers," argues the American Association of Public Health Physicians, "should be the hazard posed by cigarettes, not a pharmaceutical safety standard." Telling smokers they may not use e-cigarettes until they're approved by the FDA is like telling a floundering swimmer not to climb aboard a raft because it might have a leak.
Old 2009-05-01, 8:43pm
passionate about pets

I have the tut....but i am still trying to figure this one thing out....thats why i asked.

Amy's beads are very well done....there is not white showing and the depth between each dot or color is very smooth....where as your bead has depth to it.....which i kind of like...

*StOrM*

Old 2009-05-01, 8:57pm
The Forgetful Beadmaker

I think it might be the photo, but I'm not sure. Perhaps if you IM Amy, she can give you more info.

Janet
"The standard for lower-risk products for use by current smokers," argues the American Association of Public Health Physicians, "should be the hazard posed by cigarettes, not a pharmaceutical safety standard." Telling smokers they may not use e-cigarettes until they're approved by the FDA is like telling a floundering swimmer not to climb aboard a raft because it might have a leak.
Old 2009-05-01, 9:04pm
passionate about pets

No thank you..... I was just looking for everyone's opinion. I know everyone has there different styles or techniques that work for them and i was just wondering if anyone has come across what i am asking.

I know Amy reads her thread and i am sure she will give me her input. Thank you for your help and concern.

*StOrM*

Old 2009-05-01, 11:41pm

try putting a dot of clear over each before going on to the next color. that might do it, it works in encased flowers.