Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2010-02-22, 8:49pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Well... some things just don't turn out the way you hope. I thought these colors were going to look so cool, but when I took them out of the kiln... Not quite what I'd hoped.

So, I thought I'd give them away (one per person). If you're not that fond of the colors, maybe you'd just like to have it for the sake of the technique.

Whoever PMs me first will get the focal, and then I'll give away the rest in order of which I think are the best (technique-wise). Just PM me your address (first 8 folks).

I'll post a pic of the beads below so you can decide if you'd like one.

Thanks again to everyone for your support with my tutorial - You'll never really know how much I've appreciated it!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-22, 8:53pm
Dangerous Woman

Me? PM sent.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2010-02-22, 8:57pm

I PM'd also!!! I'm excited!
Debbie
Old 2010-02-22, 9:06pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

<pounce>

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-02-22, 9:10pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Nancy got the focal! I'm surprised how fast you three PM'd. You did see the photo of the beads, right?

I'll mail them off to you in the next day or two!

Old 2010-02-22, 9:12pm
Superkitty

Pm sent and crossing my fingers. Those are gorgeous beads Amy!
Old 2010-02-22, 9:27pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Thanks so much you guys - They're all taken now. I'll PM those who have Pm'd me to let you know if you git in in time. Thanks for your interest!!!!

Old 2010-02-22, 10:19pm

Geeze, don't you people watch the Olympics? LOL
Old 2010-02-23, 4:43am
ID10T Problem Solver

<Pouts> I need to spend more time on here....sorry I missed owning one of your incredible beadies Amy!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2010-02-23, 8:36am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

he he

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-02-23, 9:25am
Live and Let Live

> Hopes Amy makes some more 'fugly' (not!) petal beads soon that she has to purge. <

Old 2010-02-23, 1:00pm
Dangerous Woman

Usually I never catch these things. But I was just getting ready to go to bed and thought I'd check LE one more time. When I looked at the time Amy posted I was shocked that it was only a couple of minutes before then so I sent her a PM right quick! Thanks so much Amy!

Old 2010-02-23, 2:53pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Yeah, that was fun! And I will purge more here I'm sure, as I'm figuring what does and does not do well with the petals.

Here's a tip that I've learned folks: Cool colors tend to look better than warm tones for whatever reason. I'm still trying to "crack that code".

Old 2010-02-25, 6:39am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Rats!!! 3 days late and one of Amy's Master Petals short!!! Thank you again for the tutorial Amy! - I have really been enjoying making the petals - I can sit for hours and make them as they are so relaxing........very Zen.... Here are some that I've made - I'm playing around with your technique in some as well - it is very versatile!!
Attached Images

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-02-26, 10:37am
Dangerous Woman

I want everyone to know Amy's bead is in no way fugly, wonkie, or anything other than beautiful! I was lucky to be the winner of the focal and i got it in the mail today. I love it!!! Thanks Amy!

Old 2010-02-26, 1:45pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Thanks Nacy - I'm so glad that you like it!

Joan - your beads look great! That third one down is especially a looker!!!!!

Old 2010-02-26, 7:30pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I received mine today also! It's gorgeous! The tutorial is really worth it too!

Thank you, Amy!

Old 2010-03-01, 12:50pm

Hi amy,
I got my bead today!! I love it. Thanks soooo much! I don't know why it's a "Fugly"?? It's gorgeous. Thanks,Debbie
Old 2010-03-01, 12:59pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Yeah, I got mine on Saturday and it is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it - thanks Amy. I do have one gripe - I can't keep my beads that small when I make them - they end up way way way way bigger.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-03-01, 10:55pm
Superkitty

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I got my bead today and it is gorgeous! So gorgeous in fact, I think I may need to buy another tutorial!
Old 2010-03-02, 1:43am
Cat Winx

What a great tutorial!
I panicked when I saw how old the first post was and was so very relieved when I found I could still purchase this tutorial.
I have to wait a while because I have one hand in a brace but I cannot believe how excited I am to try this technique.
I now understand how to do a bunch of things I've been picturing in my head for a while with which I am certain this tutorial will be a great deal of help!

Again.. thank you!

Rachel the firekat

Old 2010-03-02, 5:58pm
Forever Grateful Beads

First off, I want to thank all of your nice compliments on those goofy beads I gave away. I was nervous that you all were going to be sorely disappointed when you opened the package - so thank you!

Secondly, I need your help! I just got a really interesting PM. Someone asked if this tutorial would work with boro glass - and I have no idea! I have zero experience with boro, so I was hoping maybe someone here who's had experience with both might be able to answer that.

Are the techniques applicable to boro (even though I only use soft effetre 104 in the tutorial)?

Thanks a bunch!!!
Amy

Old 2010-03-02, 6:29pm
Mr Brutus RIP

wow, if my paypal had more than dust in it I'd be buying a tut right away!! Amy your beads are beautiful and everyone has done a really great job on theirs. Exciting to come in here and see how good everyones came out!!
As soon as I can I'm getting one........Can't wait!!! LOL
Thank you for making it available to us!!
Sue

Old 2010-03-02, 10:50pm
Cat Winx

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassymom View Post
wow, if my paypal had more than dust in it I'd be buying a tut right away!! Amy your beads are beautiful and everyone has done a really great job on theirs. Exciting to come in here and see how good everyones came out!!
As soon as I can I'm getting one........Can't wait!!! LOL
Thank you for making it available to us!!
Sue
Sue.. even though I felt a little naughty I couldn't help myself. It was so reasonably priced I couldn't resist.
I blew the dust OUT of my PP account (actually sold something to do it) and raced for this tute and, I have to say, it is SO well done.
When you get it you won't regret it!
I'm still a bit of a newbie (with a wrist brace on so it may be a while, even still) but it was an absolutely inspiring read, so clear, great pics and wonderfully encouraging.

Awesome tutorial.

Rachel the firekat

Old 2010-03-02, 11:56pm
passionate about pets

I don't do boro either, so fortunately i cannot help.

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2010-03-03, 4:03am
Tassie Devil

Might have a go at this one!

Today, right now, is a gift - that's why they call it the present!

Old 2010-03-05, 2:26am
Unmedicated since '62

Gayetha if I can do it you sure can - i bought this tut when i'd been lampworking less than a month

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-03-05, 2:29am
Unmedicated since '62

Amy, i'm thinking you should do a part two to this tut cos i'd LOVE to know how the beads were done in thursdays S&T and she says she's inspired by you

Old 2010-03-05, 3:52am
Tassie Devil

Ah Deb, now there is a challenge! But I do seem to recall that you showed extraordinary talent right from the start!

Today, right now, is a gift - that's why they call it the present!

Old 2010-03-05, 4:28am
Unmedicated since '62

yeah right - and i've made a total of maybe 15 beads in the last 6 months, but thanks for the compliment

actually if found this tut a really good exercise in heat control, careful dot placement and brilliant for encasing tips - worth every cent